• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just a bit of fun on the VF

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Heeey...@Purky's on the road! 🥳
I hope this is more than a nice tease (it is very nice) - it would be lovely to see the VF through your eyes.
I guess this is just a nice tease then: I picked Facebook this time to do my daily "Live from the camino" on the VF. Left Holland the 9th of August for Pisa, took a train to Lucca and started walking. I had three weeks and arrived in Rome with two days to spare to see the sights. Returned home on the 30th.

It was good to be on the road again after the Covid-years. Met a ton of nice people and had an absolute blast in Italy. Just missed Il Palio in Siena (but saw enough of the preparations and atmosphere to get a good taste), got sideswiped by the storm that went through Northern Italy when I was high up in the hills of Tuscany and made friends with a boatload of cats on the way.

The Via Francigena now sits in my memories as one of the most beautiful caminos I have walked. Loved every minute of it!

EDIT: I could spend an evening translating my entries on Facebook and make a "Not really live from the VF, but still..."-thread, if there would be enough interest for such a thing. Let me know, I wouldn't mind doing that.

Last edited:
EDIT: I could spend an evening translating my entries on Facebook and make a "Not really live from the VF, but still..."-thread, if there would be enough interest for such a thing. Let me know, I wouldn't mind doing that.
Wow. Count me in.
I hate Facebook with a passion, seeing the harm it has done to communities in Myanmar. So I voted NO with my feet - which comes with a bit of missing out. Soooo...if you are so inclined, yes, please. I bet there'd be other folks who'd love to read your posts, too.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wow. Count me in.
I hate Facebook with a passion, seeing the harm it has done to communities in Myanmar. So I voted NO with my feet - which comes with a bit of missing out. Soooo...if you are so inclined, yes, please. I bet there'd be other folks who'd love to read your posts, too.
Well, I'll have to get on it then. I'll think about the format and start translating. Expect something this weekend!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
So the challenge is for those following to get their pic of the same spot (almost)
I'm gonna try!
I leave home on Sept. 26 to Oct.20 for the Via Francigena.
I hope this is more than a nice tease (it is very nice)
You apparently hit the nail on the head with the pic being a "tease"!
Left Holland the 9th of August for Pisa, took a train to Lucca and started walking. I had three weeks and arrived in Rome with two days to spare to see the sights. Returned home on the 30th.
@Purky, if I have questions as I walk, I may send you a PM, since the route will still be fresh in your mind...I already have concerns about that "hardest" day walking those final k's up to Radifocani.😬

I already have concerns about that "hardest" day walking those final k's up to Radifocani.
Don't. It looks kind of daunting on the heightprofile, but it is honestly not that bad. Slow and steady is the way to go, you'll have plenty of time. In case you want to cut the stage a few km short, other pilgrims and locals told me Bagni San Filipo is a very good alternative to spend the night, instead of Radicofani.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back