• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just a few questions

Pirsing

Time of past OR future Camino
Planned Camino Frances/Ivierno (Sep 2022)
Hello there.
Finally bought tickets to Santiago de Compostela at 12 september (from Sarria to Fisterra, decided to do shorter way due to lack of time), so i have a couple of questions.

1. What is the best way to go to Sarria from SdC? By bus? There is central bus station in SdC? Can i buy bus tickets directly from the bus driver?

2. Where i can buy local sim card in SdC? Which mobile company is the best? I need sim with calls and internet for 2 weeks.

3. Where is the best place to buy camino credential?

4. How crowded will be this route in 12 - 23 september (Sarria - Fisterra). What is the best time to come to albergue to take a bed? Or better to book in advance no matter what time i arrive?

5. What about covid restrictions to fly to Spain at this moment? Is there any? Need any permisions, vaccine, papers, or nothing?

Thank you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello there

There’s a lot of information here that would help answer your questions if you use the search tool at the upper right corner of the webpage.

1. What is the best way to go to Sarria from SdC? By bus? There is central bus station in SdC? Can i buy bus tickets directly from the bus driver?

Here is the ”Rome to rio” website suggestions

I think the train is always a little more comfortable. You’ll need to book the train or bus tickets at least a couple days in advance at that time of year. For the train go to the “RENFE” website.

2. Where i can buy local sim card in SdC? Which mobile company is the best? I need sim with calls and internet for 2 weeks.

I bought a Vodafone Sim card for €15 for 30 days. My Google maps phone app says there is a phone store at:
Internity Vodaphone
Rúa da Senra, 12
15702 Santiago de Compostela
La Coruña, Spain

I would double check to make sure but that’s there and actually a phone store. I bought mine in Madrid.

I bet they’re easy to get in Sarria. I don’t have a particular place.

4. How crowded will be this route in 12 - 23 september (Sarria - Fisterra). What is the best time to come to albergue to take a bed? Or better to book in advance no matter what time i arrive?

I think it’ll be very crowded from Sarria to Santiago. There are some alternate routes, just search on this forum or post a question specifically about that. Most people try to get a bed by the early afternoon. I’m not sure if you’ll need reservations. Probably would be better.

I don’t think it will be crowded at all from Santiago to Fisterra

5. What about covid restrictions to fly to Spain at this moment? Is there any? Need any permisions, vaccine, papers, or nothing?

This is the Spanish health ministry website. It has the most current information.

Last edited:
  • This is a single big modern station - for both buses and trains. You would normally buy your ticket at the ticket counter.
  • According to Rome2Rio, there is both train and bus service to Sarria, but the bus is faster and cheaper.
  • Vodafone, Orange, Movistar and many others are available, and any one of them should be adequate. You can get one month pre-paid for 10-15 Euros. Depending on your timing convenience, you can get it at the Santiago airport, at a phone store near the Santiago train station, or multiple locations in Sarria. Google is your friend. You might want to check the open hours for various stores nearby, depending on the day of the week.
  • I'm sure they must be available at various places in Sarria. But you might need to ask around when you get there, again depending on what is open when you are there.
  • The biggest local crowds of July-August will be finished, and the wave of September departures from SJPP will not have arrived, so you might be at a good time!
  • Use the link provided in the post above to determine what you need.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello there.
Finally bought tickets to Santiago de Compostela at 12 september (from Sarria to Fisterra, decided to do shorter way due to lack of time), so i have a couple of questions.

Thank you.
Bus is probably best.
I think the two best companies are Vodafone and Orange. I use Vodafone because they have a plan that works best for me and I walk long caminos and it is super easy to recharge with Vodafone. Just google vodafone and orange and look at their prepaid plans and see which one works best for you. I doubt if you will have to pay more than 10-15 Euros.
Get a credential from Ivar. I am sure you can go over and get one from him. You can also get one in Sarria. There are lots of albergues that issue them. Check out the link from Gronze. Open the different albergues and see which ones issue credentials in Sarria.
I never walk during this time of the year. Too hot and too crowded for me so I can't help you with that.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back