• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just a few tips

Willie

Some things that might be of interest for those going by the coastal route.
The pension on the wharf in Motrico (Mutriku) is quite expensive 46 euro, but very nice.
At the top of the Morga Pass there were no signs. The village has been by-passed but definitely turn left at the new junction to find the camino.

The leisure track from Portugalete to Playa dela Arena is about 13 kms and very little chance of refreshment but very walker and bike friendly. I kept wishing for a bike on this section.

There is a new hostal just over the bridge on the Playa de la Arena beach. I did not stay there but a Dutch couple said it was a really good place to stay.

After Islares the camino goes under the motorway and you leave the road to follow a track on your left. This takes you to Rioseco where ther use to be a hostal. This has now closed and is back at El Pontarron Guriezo. So instead of leaving the road to the left just keep to the road. The key is available in the bar on your right. The hostal is very basic, just beds and one bathroom. I ended up in Rioseco and had to backtrack, about 7 kms extra walking.

The only accomodation that I could find in Morgo was a guesthouse for about 30euro. It was very nice and the people friendly.

When you reach Comillas go to the end of the beach and turn left up into the old town where the hostal is situated. A very well run place.

Colombres has a youth hostal that keeps some beds for pilgrims. The guy in charge was a bit reluctant to open up for myself and 2 dutch ladies but did so eventually.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back