• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just a Mum-On the Camino de Santiago

Just a Mum-On the Camino de Santiago 2020-04-20

No permission to download

RachelNZ

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April/May 2017
Portuguese Camino Apr/May 2019
RachelNZ submitted a new resource:

Just a Mum-On the Camino de Santiago - Comical, raw honest personal story of walking the camino from an unfit mother of 4

I am just a mum, who desperately needs an adventure.
I have mothered children for most of my life, and as the kids get older, I’m left wondering who I am and what to do next. Unfit and unmotivated, I somehow find myself walking 800km across Spain on a thing called the Camino de Santiago, an ancient pilgrimage trail. Why? I honestly don’t know! I’m not religious. Or a long-distance walker (or short-distance either) but I just HAD to do it.

In Part One I get organised for the Camino and...

Read more about this resource...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The download seems to take me to a Facebook page and not a download. Is this correct?

Hmm, yes. That’s correct. There are details on how to purchase my book on this Facebook link. Sorry it’s not a free download 😬:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for the clarification - not being a FB-er I wasn’t sure if something dodgy was going on. I was expecting this to be a resource on the forum.

Thanks for the clarification - not being a FB-er I wasn’t sure if something dodgy was going on. I was expecting this to be a resource on the forum.
Thats ok! Sorry I cant give it away for free! But its availabale in most paper plus stores or I can post you one after lockdown :)

RachelNZ submitted a new resource:

Just a Mum-On the Camino de Santiago - Comical, raw honest personal story of walking the camino from an unfit mother of 4

Read more about this resource...
oh Rachel ...just love that honesty ... thought you were an Aussie for a moment ...lol .. you go girl .. i did a part of the Camino ( Pamalona _ Burgos ) by myself after suffering severe trauma ( 2 of my children have passed ) so i get it ... i kept going over and over the thought .. the camino will give you what you need not what you want ... i did not get it until i was on my way home and i got it ... i am such an exacting precise kind of person and i am searching searching all the people i met and i seamed to attract all of these people that wanted advise and god knows i gave it and i used to wonder when i would meet the person that would help me and i never did . I never did cause i had the answer all along ... i found the person i used to be ... not the same .. but i was there under all of that trauma ... changed but doing my best .. find you .. beautiful girl xx

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’m glad you responded to this post @Kiwi-family
- I was thinking you had two accounts running / having the same Christian name and being from NZ also.

I’m seeing the book on Amazon, but not having any success in buying it. I’ll keep trying.

Hello! Yes I see there is an issue. Hmmm, I have added some banking details to the account and it says to allow a couple of days for things to become active. So sorry for the delay. I hope it will be all sorted in a day or two. Thank you for alerting me. :):):)

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back