A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Just back from Caminho Portugues: Bridge at Rio Neiva

2020 Camino Guides

Swillbos

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese Jan 2020
Am hoping someone can make a link to a post I recently read querying the river crossing between Marinhas and Viana do Castelo at rio Nieva. The enquirer was given assurance that local diversions were well signposted.....Having been there around a week ago (i) I can confirm that the bridge is still well and truly ruptured with no chance of crossing on foot at the moment and no sign of imminent repair (ii) not only was no obvious diversionary signage in place, that same afternoon we met a fellow pilgrim who got lost along the Senda Littoral at around the same point. On the plus side I can confirm that the walk to the bridge is hauntingly beautiful, the return journey back to the main road, almost as pretty....

I can't seem to work out how to upload photos, but if someone can advise I do have some which contrast nicely with the image in John Brierley's guide p78:)

Swillbos

Camino(s) past & future
Am hoping someone can make a link to a post I recently read querying the river crossing between Marinhas and Viana do Castelo at rio Nieva. The enquirer was given assurance that local diversions were well signposted.....Having been there around a week ago (i) I can confirm that the bridge is still well and truly ruptured with no chance of crossing on foot at the moment and no sign of imminent repair (ii) not only was no obvious diversionary signage in place, that same afternoon we met a fellow pilgrim who got lost along the Senda Littoral at around the same point. On the plus side I can confirm that the walk to the bridge is hauntingly beautiful, the return journey back to the main road, almost as pretty....

I can't seem to work out how to upload photos, but if someone can advise I do have some which contrast nicely with the image in John Brierley's guide p78:)
I should clarify that we came unstuck approaching from the Camino da Costa, whereas our friend came unstuck for different reasons approaching from the Senda Littoral

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, Soulac, Norte, Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés
Am hoping someone can make a link to a post I recently read querying the river crossing between Marinhas and Viana do Castelo at rio Nieva.
Maybe this thread?:

Swillbos

Camino(s) past & future
That is indeed the one - many thanks Jill! I kept looking and looking and I simply couldn't find it again - I will reply to the original poster

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 52 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 185 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 297 24.4%
  • June

Votes: 86 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 349 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 149 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock