• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just back from Caminho Portugues: Bridge at Rio Neiva

Swillbos

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese Jan 2020; VDLP Seville to Merida
Am hoping someone can make a link to a post I recently read querying the river crossing between Marinhas and Viana do Castelo at rio Nieva. The enquirer was given assurance that local diversions were well signposted.....Having been there around a week ago (i) I can confirm that the bridge is still well and truly ruptured with no chance of crossing on foot at the moment and no sign of imminent repair (ii) not only was no obvious diversionary signage in place, that same afternoon we met a fellow pilgrim who got lost along the Senda Littoral at around the same point. On the plus side I can confirm that the walk to the bridge is hauntingly beautiful, the return journey back to the main road, almost as pretty....

I can't seem to work out how to upload photos, but if someone can advise I do have some which contrast nicely with the image in John Brierley's guide p78:)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Am hoping someone can make a link to a post I recently read querying the river crossing between Marinhas and Viana do Castelo at rio Nieva. The enquirer was given assurance that local diversions were well signposted.....Having been there around a week ago (i) I can confirm that the bridge is still well and truly ruptured with no chance of crossing on foot at the moment and no sign of imminent repair (ii) not only was no obvious diversionary signage in place, that same afternoon we met a fellow pilgrim who got lost along the Senda Littoral at around the same point. On the plus side I can confirm that the walk to the bridge is hauntingly beautiful, the return journey back to the main road, almost as pretty....

I can't seem to work out how to upload photos, but if someone can advise I do have some which contrast nicely with the image in John Brierley's guide p78:)
I should clarify that we came unstuck approaching from the Camino da Costa, whereas our friend came unstuck for different reasons approaching from the Senda Littoral

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That is indeed the one - many thanks Jill! I kept looking and looking and I simply couldn't find it again - I will reply to the original poster

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back