A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

just back

Hello all,
Just got back home today from walking the last 115 from Sarria.I had to abandon my Camino early last year and return home.
If anyone wants any info on the way from Sarria,pm me.
:D
Rog.

Advertisment

ricksca

Dreaded Bedbugs

Hi and welcome home. Sorry to bring up a nasty topic, but I'm really curious about the bedbug situation. Actually, I'm not so concerned about them on the Camino as I am about the incredibly unpleasant prospect of bringing them home. What was your experience? Did you encounter them often? Ever? Thanks, Rick

A

Anonymous

BEDBUGS

...the bedbug situation...Did you encounter them often? Ever?

Never. Which doesn't mean it can't happen. But I believe in prevention rather than remediation, so I'd like to find out what one can about them apriori, if anything.

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm 8)

bugs

Hello Rick,

I never encountered or heard of anyone else having a problem with bugs.
It would appear to be more a late Spring/Summer problem.
My previous Camino was in Sept/Oct 2005 and there was no problem with bedbugs or even flies/wasps.
The biggest problem this trip was rain and mud.However,it was excellent as usual.
Hope this is useful for you.
Bon Camino..........Rog. :D

Advertisment

A

Anonymous

Well, the fact that one, a humble servant included thanks God, has never encountered bed bugs, (belligerent) dogs, or been robbed and/or jumped on the Caminos, doesn't cancel the fact that other pilgrims have experienced them, or that it may happen to any of us. The most important thing is to know that these are very real possibilities, to create an awareness, without obsessing on them. That's all. A safe Camino to us all, :arrow: xm

A

Anonymous

I agree with that - especially as it has recently been shown just how deadly it can be.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.3%
  • June