• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Just cleared customs in Paris from the US

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I wasn’t convinced I was doing Le Puy/ Frances until I cleared customs and we just did! The whole flight was uneventful, mask wearing was taken very seriously with many taking a bite of food and chewing with masks on. My French is bad enough to get me into trouble so when the young customs agent asked me “ vacance?” I thought he was asking me if I was on vacation. I replied “ yes, for three months ( in poorly spoken French), and he looked confused, so then I rambled on why it was three months… still confused… to realize he asked me if we were Vaccinated!- lol
Showed him my cards and he motioned us through!
I will update when I find out how to get the Health Pass that France is demanding if you want to go into restaurants etc… I’m under the impression this is easy if from Europe but that it hasn’t been totally rolled out for US citizens. So I’ll share what I find out.
In the mean time we are in the airport waiting for our BlaBlaCar driver. It’s an App where a driver can put in a destination and get passengers. I had put in my request for CDG - Le Puy with today’s date and was notified about a week ago of a driver departing about twenty minutes away from paris. I contacted her through the App and she will be coming here to grab us !!! Which is wonderful!!!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I wasn’t convinced I was doing Le Puy/ Frances until I cleared customs and we just did! The whole flight was uneventful, mask wearing was taken very seriously with many taking a bite of food and chewing with masks on. My French is bad enough to get me into trouble so when the young customs agent asked me “ vacance?” I thought he was asking me if I was on vacation. I replied “ yes, for three months ( in poorly spoken French), and he looked confused, so then I rambled on why it was three months… still confused… to realize he asked me if we were Vaccinated!- lol
I will update when I find out how to get the Health Pass that France is demanding if you want to go into restaurants etc… I’m under the impression this is easy if from Europe but that it hasn’t been totally rolled out for US citizens. So I’ll share what I find out.
In the mean time we are in the airport waiting for our BlaBlaCar driver. It’s an App where a driver can put in a destination and get passengers. I had put in my request for CDG - Le Puy with today’s date and was notified about a week ago of a driver departing about twenty minutes away from paris. I contacted her through the App and she will be coming here to grab us !!! Which is wonderful!!!!
Please definitely update us on the Health Pass when you are successful! Three friends of mine from California are walking the LePuy starting Tuesday, so keep an eye out! 😎

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I read through the whole article and clicked on the relevant links. The article has plenty of useful information about the French health pass but it doesn't keep its promise to tell you "how you can sign up" for the pass sanitaire when you are an American who has been vaccinated in the USA and who doesn't live in France.

Because when you finally reach the online form that promises this miracle you discover that it is only for French citizens who got vaccinated abroad and for their immediate family members. Among other things, you need to provide a copy of your pièce d’identité française and a justificatif de résidence à l’étranger. Do people who write these articles never try out whether their advice for their readers actually works? It's a question of minutes if not seconds to check it out.

As I've been an intrigued participant in forum discussions about this aspect for several weeks now 🤭 😅, I'm glued to this thread to find out how @shefollowsshells manages to get a digital French health pass as proof of her vaccination or whether she doesn't need one in the end and the CDC card will do.

In any case, bon chemin to @shefollowsshells and daughter. ☺️

Last edited:
The very last line of the online application says "or if you are arriving in France before Aug 31"...so I assume that means anyone. I am a Canadian and I applied last night and sent in all the ID required. If they actually send me a QR code, I will advise here.
  • Vous êtes déjà en France ou dans l’Union européenne ou vous arrivez en France avant le 31 août

I will update when I find out how to get the Health Pass that France is demanding if you want to go into restaurants etc… I’m under the impression this is easy if from Europe but that it hasn’t been totally rolled out for US citizens. So I’ll share what I find out
@shefollowsshells, have a good trip to Le Puy and don't except health pass wonders tomorrow morning. You probably know the current situation. A French government official, charged with dealing with the tourism sector, said in an interview just before this weekend:

"Our objective is that from 9 August these foreign tourists who are in France can obtain passes on the same model as French nationals who reside outside France". "We are setting up a dedicated system that will evolve and increase in power to meet these demands," he added without giving further details.

Bon chemin!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I read through the whole article and clicked on the relevant links. The article has plenty of useful information about the French health pass but it doesn't keep its promise to tell you "how you can sign up" for the pass sanitaire when you are an American who has been vaccinated in the USA.

Because when you finally reach the online form that promises this miracle you discover that it is only for French citizens who got vaccinated abroad and for their immediate family members. Among other things, you need to provide a copy of your pièce d’identité française and a justificatif de résidence à l’étranger. Do people who write these articles never try out whether their advice for their readers actually works? It's a question of minutes if not seconds to check it out.

As I've been an intrigued participant in forum discussions about this aspect for several weeks now 🤭 😅, I'm glued to this thread to find out how @shefollowsshells manages to get a digital French health pass as proof of her vaccination or whether she doesn't need one in the end and the CDC card will do.

In any case, bon chemin to @shefollowsshells and daughter. ☺️
Ah, yes …

a schoolboy error, I should know by now that even when a reputable source says ‘click here to do the thing you wanted to do’ the reality sometimes disappoints.

Whilst it doesn’t help our American friends I did, however, discover that the UK NHS QR code (but only for England and Wales) is recognised by the french systems. A rare example of the entente cordiale in these strange times.

My American friends tell me that their proof of vaccination is issued by their state and is paper based, which I suppose may slow things down.

Perhaps practicing your gallic shrug and wearing a gilet jaune as some are doing in Paris is the short term option?

Whilst it doesn’t help our American friends I did, however, discover that the UK NHS QR code (but only for England and Wales) is recognised by the french systems. A rare example of the entente cordiale in these strange times.
I had noticed it ☺️.

In order not to derail the thread, I've attempted a summary in this post in the long-running Lockdowns thread.

Wow that is really exciting. Le Puy is on the list for me and my family next year probably in April, so your experience is quite encouraging. That exchange about vaccine/ vacation is hilarious. Al ready a great trip! Are you going all the way to Santiago? What walking guide are you using? Buen camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, we fly to Paris on Thursday and plan to fly to Biarritz same day...we will need a health pass and we are scrambling to figure this out. And please update on Le Puy as we plan it for next summer.
I will be flying to Paris and then Biarritz as well in 2weeks. Looking forward to hearing your experience and advice. Thanks!

Good for you! I arrived last Thursday from Boston and had no difficulties. When Air France checked me in, they checked my vaccinations card. We start the Le Puy from Cahors this Friday and hope to resolve the health pass issue for Americans before. Someone in another forum said he went to the Hotel Dieu in Paris and they helped him get his. Unfortunately I am not in Paris. Let us know how you get one!!!

Thank you for the update. I fly into Paris next, Sunday and was wondering how straight forward navigating the airport would be I will be connecting to Biarrtiz before staring the Camino on Wednesday all updates would be appreciated with much gratitude.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you for the update. I fly into Paris next, Sunday and was wondering how straight forward navigating the airport would be I will be connecting to Biarrtiz before staring the Camino on Wednesday all updates would be appreciated with much gratitude.
bradj,
Welcome to the Forum. Will you be going directly to Biarritz by plane or spending time in Paris? This info should help you navigate CDG airport areas.

Last edited:
Blabla car. Je suis impressed! I offered and used it all the time in France. Makes a drive shorter!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you. This will be helpful as I have sometime at the airport before the flight to Biarrtiz and spend my first night in Biarritz and then on Tuesday travel to SJPDP in order to begin the Camino on Wednesday 8/18.
Safe travels . I am also starting from sjpp on wed the 18th

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In le Puy! The BlaBlaCar worked beautifully. I will post Le Puy specific to that forum, and will share general things that might want to be noted here in general. Le Puy is alive in my opinion! Tables in cafes are busy, people are happy and families are out. For the most part massless! Very few masks , no anxiety noted by anyone. We are at a sit down outdoor lovely pizza ( handmade) place on a side street. Have not been asked for any proof of vaccination beyond checking in to youth hostel. Saw a closed Pharmacies and will approach them for details re health pass. We will stay here tomorrow as I feel a tourist town can address this issue ( if needed) more than smaller country towns. Will update what I think people would want to know!

bradj,
Welcome to the Forum. Will you be going directly to Biarritz by plane or spending time in Paris? This info should help you navigate CDG airport areas.

I appreciate the map you kindly attached to your note. I will be arriving CDG Sept. 19 on Delta from the US, spend the night at IBIS hotel, then EasyJet the next day to Biarritz and shuttle on to SJPP. The map will definitely help. Thanks again.

Can't thank you enough for your notes. I too will be arriving in CDG Sept 19th then on to SJPP, returning to CDG in late October. I will definitely be following your posts.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Please definitely update us on the Health Pass when you are successful! Three friends of mine from California are walking the LePuy starting Tuesday, so keep an eye out! 😎
I highly suspect we will see them!!! We too are starting on Tuesday! Staying put tomorrow!!! Will look for them!!!!

Thank you. This will be helpful as I have sometime at the airport before the flight to Biarrtiz and spend my first night in Biarritz and then on Tuesday travel to SJPDP in order to begin the Camino on Wednesday 8/18.
We begin on the 18th as well. This health pass issue is stressing me out I must say. We are arriving from Canada.

We begin on the 18th as well. This health pass issue is stressing me out I must say. We are arriving from Canada.
We are a bit stressed also. I was immunized with two Pfizer doses, but my wife received one Pfizer and one Moderna, as per the "Canadian' plan. At this time France does not recognize her vaccine as valid. Then we have to figure out how to get our paper info from Canada into the French app. We fly into Paris on the 10th, and then spend the day getting to SJPDP to do the Frances. Hoping for very few glitches.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are a bit stressed also. I was immunized with two Pfizer doses, but my wife received one Pfizer and one Moderna, as per the "Canadian' plan. At this time France does not recognize her vaccine as valid. Then we have to figure out how to get our paper info from Canada into the French app. We fly into Paris on the 10th, and then spend the day getting to SJPDP to do the Frances. Hoping for very few glitches.
Let us know here as soon as you get through, we are two days behind you.

I am at the Le puy hospital just to ask questions, I think I have the head of vaccinations, very nice man on the phone trying to help me. I tried in my limited french to ask about your situation and i believe he understood me… if he did… he has convinced me that many French have done the same as Canada!!!! Though I knew nothing about this it sounds like they do, so hoping that won’t be as big of an issue with you as thought.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am at the Le puy hospital just to ask questions, I think I have the head of vaccinations, very nice man on the phone trying to help me. I tried in my limited french to ask about your situation and i believe he understood me… if he did… he has convinced me that many French have done the same as Canada!!!! Though I knew nothing about this it sounds like they do, so hoping that won’t be as big of an issue with you as thought.
started a new thread specific to health pass.
wifi is limited…:(

In le Puy! The BlaBlaCar worked beautifully. I will post Le Puy specific to that forum, and will share general things that might want to be noted here in general. Le Puy is alive in my opinion! Tables in cafes are busy, people are happy and families are out. For the most part massless! Very few masks , no anxiety noted by anyone. We are at a sit down outdoor lovely pizza ( handmade) place on a side street. Have not been asked for any proof of vaccination beyond checking in to youth hostel. Saw a closed Pharmacies and will approach them for details re health pass. We will stay here tomorrow as I feel a tourist town can address this issue ( if needed) more than smaller country towns. Will update what I think people would want to know!
That is great news and sounds amazing. Loving the updates. Buen camino

Thank you for the info/update. Planning to start the Le Puy route on September 3rd, so any info, no matter how trivial about your walk will be greatly appreciated.

Also I believe the words vacation and vaccination are related.

Good luck.

Bon Chemin.

Mark

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I appreciate the map you kindly attached to your note. I will be arriving CDG Sept. 19 on Delta from the US, spend the night at IBIS hotel, then EasyJet the next day to Biarritz and shuttle on to SJPP. The map will definitely help. Thanks again.
What shuttle service will you use from Biarritz to SJPP?

As a United States citizen, I applied last evening and still waiting and hoping. I am in France and plan to start from Cahors this Friday.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am interested in your bla-bla car experience. Expensive? An app? Are drivers required to wear a mask?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I initially sent them both from my email separately. One was acknowledged and one wasn't so I resubmitted his from his email. His from my email was approved and here we sit. Clear as mud?

I initially sent them both from my email separately. One was acknowledged and one wasn't so I resubmitted his from his email. His from my email was approved and here we sit. Clear as mud?
And could you clarify, did you attach each of the required pieces of paper within 1 pdf attached to the email. Or each separate attachments to 1 email?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I sent one email with 4 separate attachments.
Another question, I hope you don't mind. I understood the current procedure was only for non Europeans already in France or arriving by August 15th. So your pass us valid for the length of your time over there?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I believe you will get it soon, today for sure
Not yet! It’s Thursday night. Already been told by a previously reserved CH must have the code. I told her I have United States vaccination card right now. She has not replied. Very stressful being a bureaucratic guinea pig!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I’m curious - for the US citizens currently heading to France or Spain for where (as I understand it) there’s now a State Department ‘Level 4’ advisory against travel; does that have any practical effect?

I’m currently trying to book a trip to somewhere where the UK government have a similarly worded advisory and my insurers will not entertain the concept.

I have been traveling the chemin saint jacques from Le Puy for almost a month. Our paper CDC cards have been accepted everywhere. I gave up on QR code because process kept shifting (Go to Pharmacie to get it! Don’t go to a Pharmacie). Plenty of French people also use paper documentation because you cannot make having a fancy phone a requirement.

I have been traveling the chemin saint jacques from Le Puy for almost a month. Our paper CDC cards have been accepted everywhere. I gave up on QR code because process kept shifting (Go to Pharmacie to get it! Don’t go to a Pharmacie). Plenty of French people also use paper documentation because you cannot make having a fancy phone a requirement.
That's good to hear and certainly very reassuring for those who travel to France very soon.

Do you think this acceptance of CDC cards will last forever now that France has made it so easy for US travellers to obtain a French health pass code by email and once the backlog has been cleared?

The main feature of the French QR code - doesn't matter whether it is digital or on paper - is that it can be verified by the TousAntiCovid Verif app. Restaurants are unlikely to do this but in airports and in train stations it may be a different story in future. If nothing else, it may just save hassle and avoid minor delays when you apply for the conversion and get the French code.

That's good to hear and certainly very reassuring for those who travel to France very soon.

Do you think this acceptance of CDC cards will last forever now that France has made it so easy for US travellers to obtain a French health pass code by email and once the backlog has been cleared?

The main feature of the French QR code - doesn't matter whether it is digital or on paper - is that it can be verified by the TousAntiCovid Verif app. Restaurants are unlikely to do this but in airports and in train stations it may be a different story in future. If nothing else, it may just save hassle and avoid minor delays when you apply for the conversion and get the French
While I don’t know for sure, I have a hard time imagining, on my experience, that there will be some moment in the near future where that is the case. I have taken trains w CDC card for what it is worth.

There is significant resistance to the Passe Sanitaire south of the Loire so there is not much appetite to be pedantic about it. After all, the only verification the pass provides is someone looking at your CDC doc.

Fwiw once you are in France walking 20k every day and staying in gites where Wifi is more aspirational than real, getting access to a printer to print the forms is actually not so easy. I also don’t have a physical plane ticket just an identifier cod and it’s unclear if an electronic itinerary suffices. I just don’t have the bandwidth to stress out about it since the language of the measure allows for paper copies and it’s painful enough for the French Govt to get compliance.

My unprofessional opinion, if it’s easy to get it, get it. If it means spending time on ground in France trying to find right person or calling hospitals, go with paper. Just be confident and reassuring if you meet up with someone unfamiliar w the CDC pass (unlikely) and explain it to them. You are, after all, vaccinated with proof and that is the point not the technology.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2021, at 12:18 PM, Ivar <ivar@caminodesantiago.me> wrote:
Kathar1na replied to a thread you are watching at Camino de Santiago Forum.

LIVE from the Camino - Just cleared customs in Paris from the US

ScottPilgrim said:
That's good to hear and certainly reassuring for those who travel to France very soon.

The main feature of the French QR code - doesn't matter whether it is digital or on paper - is that it can be verified by the TousAntiCovid Verif app. Restaurants are unlikely to do this but in airports and in train stations it may be different in future. If nothing else, it will just save hassle to apply for the conversion and get the French code.
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread Just cleared customs in Paris from the US at Camino de Santiago Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.​

There is significant resistance to the Passe Sanitaire south of the Loire so there is not much appetite to be pedantic about it. After all, the only verification the pass provides is someone looking at your CDC doc.

Fwiw once you are in France walking 20k every day and staying in gites where Wifi is more aspirational than real, getting access to a printer to print the forms is actually not so easy. I also don’t have a physical plane ticket just an identifier cod and it’s unclear if an electronic itinerary suffices. I just don’t have the bandwidth to stress out about it since the language of the measure allows for paper copies and it’s painful enough for the French Govt to get compliance.

My unprofessional opinion, if it’s easy to get it, get it. If it means spending time on ground in France trying to find right person, go with paper. Just be confident and reassuring if you meet up with someone unfamiliar w the CDC pass (unlikely) and explain it to them.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2021, at 12:18 PM, Ivar <ivar@caminodesantiago.me> wrote:
Kathar1na replied to a thread you are watching at Camino de Santiago Forum.

LIVE from the Camino - Just cleared customs in Paris from the US

ScottPilgrim said:
That's good to hear and certainly reassuring for those who travel to France very soon.

The main feature of the French QR code - doesn't matter whether it is digital or on paper - is that it can be verified by the TousAntiCovid Verif app. Restaurants are unlikely to do this but in airports and in train stations it may be different in future. If nothing else, it will just save hassle to apply for the conversion and get the French code.
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread Just cleared customs in Paris from the US at Camino de Santiago Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.​

My unprofessional opinion, if it’s easy to get it, get it. If it means spending time on ground in France trying to find right person, go with paper. Just be confident and reassuring if you meet up with someone unfamiliar w the CDC pass (unlikely) and explain it to them.
Good advice.

The whole conversion thing is a bit of a travesty, imho, because obviously nobody verifies the copies that are emailed to them and from where they take the information to enter data into the French system to generate a health pass compatible code - whether that is a local pharmacist who happens to have figured out what to do or the staff who sit behind the new email addresses for the application forms.

Last edited:
I could not fly from Paris to Biarritz day before yesterday without the QR code...and in Biarriz, we enterred at least 10 cafes...each one demaned and scanned the QR code; as did our hotel in Biarritz and St Jean de Luz last night. We have now walked into Spain and are in Irun...no issue walking in, no guards at boarder.

The route you are doing I 0lan on doing next year. How have you found the supply of gites, pensions or other resting spots? Love to hear how your camino is going. Buen camino

I have the health pass (email address available through googling but the French embassy tweeted a link) but no one has asked for it yet. Flew into Orly today and staying in Paris. Wondering if it will be required for the train tomorrow?

The very last line of the online application says "or if you are arriving in France before Aug 31"...so I assume that means anyone. I am a Canadian and I applied last night and sent in all the ID required. If they actually send me a QR code, I will advise here.
  • Vous êtes déjà en France ou dans l’Union européenne ou vous arrivez en France avant le 31 août
I'd love to hear how you make out as I too, applied, for a Sept 10th arrival, Paris. Canadian.

I applied and got the QR code within 18 hours...and in the nick of time...as we needed it to fly from Paris to Biarritz...and once there, ALL restaurants and hotels requested the code. Once we enterred Spain, no need for anything.

How is it so far on the le Puy Camino? I am planning a trip to France; Paris first sept 6-15 thé trek starting on sept 20. I’m getting a little nervous about things being closed due to the high rate of Covid over there right now. Can you tell me what you’re experiencing? Thanks so much. Lisa

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first problem i’ve encountered has been in SJPP. Don’t know if its particular to border region or part of trend. It’s kind of funny because not only do I have the physical vax card, I also have electronic cert from NY and Spanish health pass, but it’s all about the scanner. If it can’t be scanned by the app it doesn’t exist. Since I’m leaving for Spain tomorrow not a big deal.

Would be nice of passe sanitaire form were elecronic since not easy to get stuff printed out.

How is it so far on the le Puy Camino? I am planning a trip to France; Paris first sept 6-15 thé trek starting on sept 20. I’m getting a little nervous about things being closed due to the high rate of Covid over there right now. Can you tell me what you’re experiencing? Thanks so much
We are just finishing up. We found everything open. No issues at all. My only advice would be to confirm your reservations w gites day or so before because people nervous about Americans canceling without telling them. Same w some hotels.

Owner of gite in SJPP told me its shaping up to be a very busy September as people are coming later this year fwiw. Said usually things slowing for her by now but not this year.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I think it is just that, they are being processed by date of arrivel. I don't think it is a coincidence that in the

Subject line of your email, you are asked to type in your date of arrival. I arrive on the 30th of August, so I

am expecting to hear from them in a day or two.

With that being said, I believe they will reject it because my airline ticket is one way to Paris/Orly. They .

want a departure ticket as well. My depart from France will be via foot/camino etc., I don't think they care.

They want so evidence/hard copy of your departure from France: Plane, train, bus, boat ticket. So if it is

rejected based on that, I will resubmit with some sort of ticket. I advise any one submitting a request for

a QR code, to have some ticket of a departure from France. (You can buy a cheap bus ticket on ALSA or a

cheap airline ticket on Skyscanner.) Even if you have absolutely no intention of using it, it may be worth is

weight in gold.

Good Luck to you all.

Mark

Last edited:
I received my Health Pass this morning. I applied on August 11 for Sept. 6 travel. I sent them a copy of my return ticket to Barcelona and just told them that I was visiting France for two days.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back