• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

just completed camino ingles 30/09/13

M

mdeh

Completed the Ingles on 30th September. Enjoyed the locals the walkers at least 20+ on the route Spanish, American, Italian, German, Irish, English and me the only welshman. everyone helpful! The pilgrims mass on th 1st October was brilliant, very emotional experience. I even had a meal with the amigos at manolos on the Tuesday night-excellent company Adrian, Liam etc. Nice to do it at the age of 68. I was going to do it in 6 days but put in a 42k walk from Meson Novo hotel to Santiago on the 30th. Only argument is the last 6k? to sigueiro the distance doesn't seem right needs checking. Thanks to Mary and Sue for their great company

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Congrats on your Camino.:)

Could you post the stages & where you slept on the Camino Ingles? Thanks

Buen Camino!

Well done, Mdeh! I'm doing the Ingles late May next year and am really looking forward to it. We await the stages and sleeping places .... and look forward to hearing about your NEXT camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Stephen sorry i've been so long in replying. I did Ferrol to Pontedeume stayed at Bar Luis excellent! Pontedeume to Betanzos stayed at albergue excellent !
Betanzos to Bar julia and got picked up by Antonio from meson novo, dropped off at the bar to complete the walk to Bruma and stayed another night at meson novo. On reflection i would have finished the walk to bruma after a nice meal at bar julia , stayed at the Albergue or Meson Novo and saved a day. the reason being that I was not tired after the short stage from the bar to meson novo and walked 42 km to Santiago dc cutting out the Sigueiro stage on day 5. I was tired but ok. As i'm 68 It shows its do-able even at my age in 5 days
buen camino martyn

Stephen sorry i've been so long in replying. I did Ferrol to Pontedeume stayed at Bar Luis excellent! Pontedeume to Betanzos stayed at albergue excellent !
Betanzos to Bar julia and got picked up by Antonio from meson novo, dropped off at the bar to complete the walk to Bruma and stayed another night at meson novo. On reflection i would have finished the walk to bruma after a nice meal at bar julia , stayed at the Albergue or Meson Novo and saved a day. the reason being that I was not tired after the short stage from the bar to meson novo and walked 42 km to Santiago dc cutting out the Sigueiro stage on day 5. I was tired but ok. As i'm 68 It shows its do-able even at my age in 5 days
buen camino martyn
Excellent! I won't attempt anything like a 42 km walk - wouldn't give me time to talk to the sheep! At 75 I take my time!! Looking fowaard to next May/June.
Buen camino, Martyn!

Last year in September I walked Betzanos to Bruma, I was a reasonably fit 63 year old but I found it hard work up the hill in 30+ degrees. I had difficulty going to sleep as my feet throbbed a lot. Meals at Bruma brought by car from local restaurant weren't hot or tasty. Well that's the pilgrim's lot anyway, isn't it? But the hospitaleros are wonderful and it is a great place to stay. Buen Camino to all about to enjoy the Ingles. You will find it less crowded than the Frances and good scenery.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Completed the Ingles on 30th September. Enjoyed the locals the walkers at least 20+ on the route Spanish, American, Italian, German, Irish, English and me the only welshman. everyone helpful! The pilgrims mass on th 1st October was brilliant, very emotional experience. I even had a meal with the amigos at manolos on the Tuesday night-excellent company Adrian, Liam etc. Nice to do it at the age of 68. I was going to do it in 6 days but put in a 42k walk from Meson Novo hotel to Santiago on the 30th. Only argument is the last 6k? to sigueiro the distance doesn't seem right needs checking. Thanks to Mary and Sue for their great company
is it possible in your opinion to do the camino for a lady with no company?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Simple answer - yes! Like any other Camino though if walking alone you need to be alert for the arrows. I would also caution anyone walking alone to not start before daybreak as it is easier to miss things in the dark.

I too will walk alone in April. Getting more and more worried though now for the Galician wet month of april....

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Fine weather is guaranteed for April in Galicia. No need to carry rainproof coats or overtrousers. :)

Really? I'll be walking the Camino Ingles in April too and there's no way I would set out without waterproof trousers and raincoat. On weatherunderground website, it shows lots of rain in Ferrol in April as well as quite cold temperatures. As far as I can tell, the weather could be very varied in April.

Really? I'll be walking the Camino Ingles in April too and there's no way I would set out without waterproof trousers and raincoat. On weatherunderground website, it shows lots of rain in Ferrol in April as well as quite cold temperatures. As far as I can tell, the weather could be very varied in April.

:):) bit of an uphill battle here, sometimes.........

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
hahaha guys thanks for the cheering up....( which is very welcome when home and couchridden with the flu :) ). Of course I will have raingear with me but I will take it as it comes ( living in grey and wet Belgium helps in that area...) . And the wet days on the Camino del Ebro last year prepared me well. On the Frances in 2011 I was so lucky to only have two days of rain in April/ May.

And yep, great idea about the tongue in cheek emoticon...( much subtler than a wink ...)

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back