• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just curious

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
In case it's really REALLY hot, we may change our plans and walk some of these Northern Routes.

Does anyone know the best (and least expensive) way to get from Santiago TO Oloron to begin the Camino Aragones? Is there a bus or train?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Annie, there was a post a few weeks ago by your namesake - Annie the Nurse - about getting to Toulouse from Santiago de Compostela.
From Toulouse you would take a train or bus to Oloron Ste Marie. This is probably the best way.
(A Renfe train to Hendaye will take over 11 hours - costs about 50 euro.)

traveling-to-from-the-camino/topic6306.html

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don't know if it's too late to help Annie make her plans, but I'll answer in case others are planning to leave from Oloron.

I did the Aragones last summer, and I flew into Pau on Ryan Air. From there it was a very short train ride to Oloron.

I thought about starting in Lourdes, but couldn't afford the additional couple of days that it would add to my trip. As a compromise, I took the train to Lourdes the day I arrived in Pau (also a short train ride) and spent the remainder of the travel day visiting the Sanctuary.

By the way, I thought that starting in Oloron worked out really well. It gave us a couple of days in France with a gradual ascent to the Somport Pass. I liked this so much more than having one day in St Jean and crossing the mountain in one day.

Well, only about a year late, but thanks! I'm sure someone can use the information! The Aragones was spectacular! lol

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back