• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

just finished Camino Ingles

Hester

Hi

We've just returned from Santiago having walked ±50km on the Camino Primitivo from Oviedo and then doing the Camino Ingles from Ferrol to Santiago. It was a lovely walk, although I would recommend pilgrims to start at Neda, skipping the part through the industrial outskirts of Ferrol. At stages it felt like walking through a rubbish dump and we didn't find this first stretch very pleasant! We slept (?) at the albergue in Neda which is very nice accommodation but unfortunately the local teenagers had a party right outside our hostel and they shouted, chatted and laughed till 3:00 am! - so almost no sleep for tired pilgrims... The rest of the route was much more scenic and we enjoyed it very much. The albergue in Bruma is excellent but we found Hostal Miras in Siguiero expensive and very smelly (not good value for money).
We would like to go back and finish the Camino Primitivo because this really is a very beautiful route with good albergues.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Re: just finished Camino Ingels

We'll be getting a mid-day bus from Coruna to Ferrol. Does anyone know if the bus stops close to Neda?

Hmmmm - I can't see the problem with the walk from Ferrol - after about 6 kms of walking out of this small city the route hugs the sea where it is possible to walk on the beach. Much more pleasant than other approaches such as into Burgos for example. The price per person in the Hostal Miras was 15 euros recently - has it gone up? It is clean but it is also decaying! The route into to Neda to the albergue is equally lovely along a promenade beside the river.

Of greater concern is confirmation that groups of teenagers are still gathering beside the albergue in Neda. I think it is time the ayuntamiento and police dealt with this.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
sillydoll said:
We'll be getting a mid-day bus from Coruna to Ferrol. Does anyone know if the bus stops close to Neda?
not too sure Sil, the quirky thing about the first part of the walk is that you are walking in the wrong direction as you follow the water up and around.
I agree with John, Ferrol is't that bad plus it was nice to start from the harbour side-the proper place to start,though keep the water on your right-hand side and not wander through the town like we did.to get there from the bus station walk downhill and turn right towards the Parador.
Neda albergue is a jewel in a great setting and a nice riverside walk in the morning.
on summer nights I can see the area becoming a natural meeting point for youngsters,but it is secure and I certainly would not let some kids on week lager put me off staying there.
Ian

Thanks Ian. We have decided to walk through to Pontedeume so have booked a room at the Hostal Allegue in case we arrive very late.
There is only one bus - in the afternoon - from Lugo to Ferrol - so we'll get a bus to Coruna and then to Ferrol from there. We'll arrive in Ferrol at midday. We'll start walking to Pontedeume right away. I've also emailed Johnnie's friends for a lift and a room from Bar Julia so will let you know how that turns out.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In 2004 there were two bus services between A Coruna and Ferrol. A slow service passed along the road through Neda and stopped near the Albergue. No doubt this is still the case. Teenagers were a nuisance then.

Hi,

PDFs for a number of Galicia timetables including A Coruna - Ferrol can be downloaded here http://en.arriva.es/2008/09/08/download ... n-galicia/.

Just walked this route last week and, apart from one extremely wet day, was most enjoyable. Thanks for the guide Johnny!

Avoid the early buses to Ferrol on Sunday morning. Many party goers heading home from a night on the town in Coruna so not very peaceful. Tickets can be bought on the bus if the ticket office is closed.

Regards
Mig

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.