• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just Finished The Camino Frances St Jean To Santiago Some Thoughts

The camino did not meet your expectations?
Oh my dear! :oops: How you suffered!

Bekka, no "proper" Camino will ever meet expectations ... :)

None of mine ever have !!

Please give Toad a friendly comment from me, he's a good friend ; for yourself; here's a hug :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Interesting comments on being "judged" for what you do or don't do as a pilgrim. Some of the people commenting on whether using a bag transport, bus or taxi in addition to other behaviors that they deem "cheating" or unpilgrim-like should know that 10 years ago the same judgements were being made about people that carried a cell phone or other electronic devices. I haven't seen too many pilgrims without a cell phone or repeatedly asking if there is wifi on my recent caminos. Who knows what the pilgrims 10 years from now will think about how we walked our Camino? What judgements might they make?

I'm a "purist", but that's actually taught me not to be judgmental -- I happily advise others on what I think is the "best" way to approach the Camino, happily listen to their stories of how and why they're doing theirs, and then just revel in the beauty of our shared effort, no matter what disagreements I may have with them.

If the Camino doesn't mean encounters with strangers, then it's pointless.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I fully understand what you want to say. The term "true pilgrim" I do not like, I think it is wrong. However, I have 11 months of the year a little tired of "be open-mind to seeing the good that presumably exists...." and I wish the company of people who are closest to me on the way we experience the world

I am a "true pilgrim" (sorry can't help it), and it's not wrong, it's rare, but as far as I can tell from your profile, you're one of us yourself !!!

True pilgrims are not in any way "better" than other pilgrims, we're just a bit different :)

---

Still, you really do need to get to Compostela at the end !! ;) :)

Last edited:
... you've walked from home to the Cathedral.
It's just hard to walk on water or for that mater find a boat, do they even have passenger ships crossing the Atlantic anymore? :) I think you pretty much nailed it. What part of this planet do you start from?

It's just hard to walk on water or for that mater find a boat, do they even have passenger ships crossing the Atlantic anymore? :) I think you pretty much nailed it. What part of this planet do you start from?

Once from home in Paris, once from home in Monaco, other times not from home.

I tend to advise people to get passage on a cargo freighter to Le Havre or Genova or wherever, and to walk to their home port from home.

It's what I'd have done if I'd lived further away ...

At very least, I think people should walk from whichever French airport to SJPP and onwards, though it's clear that people have time limitations <sigh>

But 3-5 days of solitary walking at the least not only make the arrival in SJPP more meaningful, but they also help provide social focus for the rest of the Way.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am a "true pilgrim" (sorry can't help it), and it's not wrong, it's rare, but as far as I can tell from your profile, you're one of us yourself !!!

True pilgrims are not in any way "better" than other pilgrims, we're just a bit different :)

---

yeah, it's time! I think I'm ready now, even more so when I found a way to get without large crowds (Invierno)

What a fascinating thread full of diverse views. I took a bus out to La Virgen therefore I am a cheat. I struggled into Santiago in a bit of pain and rather bedraggled looking. Japanese tourists asked to take my picture as I was quite the hero. Two pilgrims that I got to know referred to me as a 'true pilgrim' because I was nowhere near as fit as them, (long time hikers) yet I had made the same journey even though I had a little bus trip. So what am I? A true pilgrim or a cheat. I carried my own bag while others did not so I am better than them? I think not. I walked from St Jean so I am better than those who walked from Sarria? I think not. There were pilgrims in St Jean who had walked from Le Puy or Paris. Was I lesser than they? I think not. Were they upset at the exuberance and 'lets kick these Pyrenee butts' attitude of us new guys. Not a bit of it. I walked with a guy who carried an umbrella and had tons of music on his phone. Did it bother anyone who met him that he was listening to music and singing. Not a chance. And what about those cheats who carry nothing but a staff and a water bottle. Wimps? No medieval pilgrims we called them. I met an American combat chaplain who referred to the Sarrians as FNGs. Not the usual meaning of those initials, 'friendly new guys' was his play on an old military term. If you must put a label on them, then thats about as good as any. So this cheat,hero, true pilgrim who considers himself no more than an ordinary person who has done something extra ordinary just like a quarter of a million other ordinary guys and gals per year do, will label no one but will enjoy all the experiences that the camino brings[/QUO
What a fascinating thread full of diverse views. I took a bus out to La Virgen therefore I am a cheat. I struggled into Santiago in a bit of pain and rather bedraggled looking. Japanese tourists asked to take my picture as I was quite the hero. Two pilgrims that I got to know referred to me as a 'true pilgrim' because I was nowhere near as fit as them, (long time hikers) yet I had made the same journey even though I had a little bus trip. So what am I? A true pilgrim or a cheat. I carried my own bag while others did not so I am better than them? I think not. I walked from St Jean so I am better than those who walked from Sarria? I think not. There were pilgrims in St Jean who had walked from Le Puy or Paris. Was I lesser than they? I think not. Were they upset at the exuberance and 'lets kick these Pyrenee butts' attitude of us new guys. Not a bit of it. I walked with a guy who carried an umbrella and had tons of music on his phone. Did it bother anyone who met him that he was listening to music and singing. Not a chance. And what about those cheats who carry nothing but a staff and a water bottle. Wimps? No medieval pilgrims we called them. I met an American combat chaplain who referred to the Sarrians as FNGs. Not the usual meaning of those initials, 'friendly new guys' was his play on an old military term. If you must put a label on them, then thats about as good as any. So this cheat,hero, true pilgrim who considers himself no more than an ordinary person who has done something extra ordinary just like a quarter of a million other ordinary guys and gals per year do, will label no one but will enjoy all the experiences that the camino brings
Hello Terry..........remember me.........well we made it too.......started in Leon on 9th Sept and walked all the way to Finisterre.......I have no complaints whatsoever, it was a wonderful experience, my mind is still somewhere on Camino even though I am back a week now and should be forgetting the paths and roads and hills of Galicia and beyond. I hope you and yours are well. x

---

hmmm.....
somehow I get the feeling you refer to yourself in the third person during a conversation.....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello Terry..........remember me.........well we made it too.......started in Leon on 9th Sept and walked all the way to Finisterre.......I have no complaints whatsoever, it was a wonderful experience, my mind is still somewhere on Camino even though I am back a week now and should be forgetting the paths and roads and hills of Galicia and beyond. I hope you and yours are well. x
Hi Katie, how could I ever forget you. Made it all the way but although I kept hearing about her, I never met Sheelagh again after that day on the trail out of Carrion. Glad to hear you finished it. I tried texting the phone number you gave me when I got home, did you ever get it

Question? My navigation skills on this site are not too good yet. Can anyone show me where to find a listing of hotels/inns along the Camino del Norte? I'm probably cheating by staying in a hotel, but I need a comfortable bed and a bath each day.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use Mundicamino.
Cheats are people who break rules to gain an advantage. There are no rules about anything on the camino other than the conditions set down for the last 100. Staying in a hotel is just enjoying some creature comforts while making a long difficult pilgrimage. I stopped at the big hotel in Sarria but they had no rooms so went round the corner to a hostel and got a private room. Just needed a a bit of private comfort and a good bath instead of the usual shower. If I could have afforded it there would have been more nights like that :). So walk eat and sleep where you will and have a Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Once from home in Paris, once from home in Monaco, other times not from home.

I tend to advise people to get passage on a cargo freighter to Le Havre or Genova or wherever, and to walk to their home port from home.

It's what I'd have done if I'd lived further away ...

At very least, I think people should walk from whichever French airport to SJPP and onwards, though it's clear that people have time limitations <sigh>

But 3-5 days of solitary walking at the least not only make the arrival in SJPP more meaningful, but they also help provide social focus for the rest of the Way.
I do agree, with you, it is just that the difficulty of walking from Montana to the east coast of the U.S is roughly 3000 miles, the first 1000 very sparse population so it would be a true carry food & shelter, before one could rely on places to get food, shelter. Not that it has not been done just a logistical challenge. I have not research what U.S ports still have passenger ships to the UK . So it would in my estimation be a good 16 month walk there & back. :) I would be very skinny!
Keith

OK, can’t resist this, Google Maps says it will take me 2,289 hours to walk the 11,443 kms (and through I don’t know how many war zones) to get from my home to Santiago de Compostela. Um, I think I’ll give that a miss! Jill

OK, can’t resist this, Google Maps says it will take me 2,289 hours to walk the 11,443 kms (and through I don’t know how many war zones) to get from my home to Santiago de Compostela. Um, I think I’ll give that a miss! Jill

3,013 hours, 14,779km, 15 pairs of shoes and two rolls of toilet paper for me. I better get going but I'll have to travel below the radar in Afghanistan.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Katie, glad to hear that you had a great time. And your walk to Finisterre what did you find of it?
What's next, an other Camino in the near future?
I wish you well, Peter.

Two things come to mind here.
Firstly, I have walked it twice, 2013 and this year. At no time did I experience the kind of behaviour you mention. Is it maybe a case of only in the summer time. In 2013 I walked the first part in March and the second part in September and this year the whole road April/May.
Secondly, what is cheating. I took a bus from Leon out to La Virgen. Whose business is it other than my own. Look to your own Camino and let others do as they see fit to get to Santiago. The compostela is just a piece of paper. If you earned yours in the way you see fit then be proud of what you have done and leave others to their own conscience, it is actually none of your business. I heard people complain about the high spirits and noise of the new guys after Sarria and suggest that they were not as good as us. I met an Australian lady who had flown all the way to walk the last 100. Her 90 year old mother for whom she was the only carer was in a nursing home for a couple of weeks while this lady did all she was able to, to achieve her dream of walking the camino. Who was the real pilgrim, her or me. She was doing a lot more penance than I was yet others were looking down on her for only doing the 100. Judge not lest ye be judged comes to mind
You are so wright. In my opinion everyone is a pilgrim. Who is a true pilgrim, can someone explain this to us.?
Wish you well, Peter.

I do agree, with you, it is just that the difficulty of walking from Montana to the east coast of the U.S is roughly 3000 miles, the first 1000 very sparse population so it would be a true carry food & shelter, before one could rely on places to get food, shelter. Not that it has not been done just a logistical challenge. I have not research what U.S ports still have passenger ships to the UK . So it would in my estimation be a good 16 month walk there & back. :) I would be very skinny!
Keith

I see what you mean -- but there's actually a Dutch freighter line that sails to Europe from Milwaukee monthly, which could probably drop you off at Le Havre or Antwerp, and that port looks about 1000 to 1500 miles away instead of 3000 ... :)

I'd probably follow best as possible the Missouri down to Chamberlain, South Dakota, then East through civilisation to Milwaukee.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In my opinion everyone is a pilgrim.

Yes indeed !!

Who is a true pilgrim, can someone explain this to us.?

It's just a little sub-group among pilgrims, and nothing that needs being taken at all seriously. Though the question does come up from time to time. I sometimes try and answer it, often not with very much success.

There's no real "definition", we just recognise each other on the rare occasions that we might meet on the Camino -- usually on those occasions, we're walking in opposite directions.

I guess it's more of an attitude and an experience of the Camino that you learn during whichever "defining" journey you undertake, usually from very far, usually with a lengthy portion alone -- but I've met some people on the Way who just "got it" almost instantly after they first put their boots on the trail. It's not a dreamy or idealistic attitude, nor any sort of holier-than-thou nonsense either ; it's a very material sense of being there, on the Way, and of being a Pilgrim in every moment both on and off the Camino. The Way simply becomes who you are, without idealism, without nostalgia, without regret, and without snobbery.

It's not the "permanent pilgrimage" that some Camino-junkies can get trapped in, either -- which itself is not the same as people who repeat the Camino multiple times for more sensible reasons.

(There's another question about the notion of the "real pilgrim", but that's the one that always gets the arguments going, so I'll pass ... ;) )

I see what you mean -- but there's actually a Dutch freighter line that sails to Europe from Milwaukee monthly, which could probably drop you off at Le Havre or Antwerp, and that port looks about 1000 to 1500 miles away instead of 3000 ... :)

I'd probably follow best as possible the Missouri down to Chamberlain, South Dakota, then East through civilisation to Milwaukee.
:) Considering this is for the most part lip service, as I am not that energetic. For those living in Texas there is a freighter that takes passengers out of Huston TX & makes stops in Spain & Portugal :)

I Started at St jean on the 8th of August 2015 and finished on the 10th of September 2015, First I did not come across this so called everyone is friendly on the Camino scenario and in the Albergues and pilgrim meals gatherings, what I saw a lot of was people being rude and not caring anything for there fellow pilgrims, it was all about them and what they wanted to do ie getting up at 3.30am shining torches banging about packing there bags jumping down from top bunks instead of using ladders and if you said anything to said persons you got abuse,I found older American pilgrims the worse for this followed by young Spanish ones. A lot of people seemed to think the Camino was just for them and seemed to resent your presence and never seemed to want to chat or to be friendly. I also witnessed cheating on a big scale people taking buses taxis and cars from town to town and only walking short distances or just doing the bits that suited them the worse part for this was from Sarria to Santiago biggest culprits Spanish pilgrims who then collected there Compestella and had no shame about cheating to get it. I walked the full 760 kms to get my Compestella and had to wait 3 hours outside the pilgrim office before I got in as there were so many people there so this myth about the friendship is not all true but saying that I did meet some lovely people made friends with some very friendly Italians and a Japanese man and some younger Americans and really enjoyed my time on the Camino seeing some beautiful villages churches, Cathedrals and lovely Spanish people and countryside, the only real problem I had was blisters but got some Benzadine to cure those, anyway I am now at home reflecting on my Camino, would I do it again, yes I would but in a few years time. buen Camino to everybody just starting out on there Camino ...........Tony
Sorry for your experience. I started a day later and found the exact opposite - i can only recall one rude incident; hopefully your next Camino will be different.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Believe it or not, but the OP has not been back since he posted his message a month ago . . .

heh -- met another "true pilgrim" today -- Franciscan Friar on the Way from Santiago to Rome ; no doubt several of you guys who were on the Camino recently have met him :)

Bit of a "permanent pilgrim" too, so there dies another prejudice LOL

Just got back too. I started at St. Jean Pied de Port on Sept. 3 and finished in Santiago on Oct. 3. I had no issues finding beds in albergues and only had to sleep outside one night. By the way, municipal albergues do not accept reservations, only private ones. I had a great Camino and established a "Camino Family". A couple of times, when Pilgrims were making reservations ahead at private albergues, they asked me if I wanted to be included. And, I said yes several times. Fellow pilgrims and townspeople were exceedingly helpful and friendly. Most days, I would just wander into town and see what was available for lodging. I stayed in small hotels or secured a private room 4 times without reservations. No problem. Many times, the albergues I stayed in had empty beds remaining. The trail was not crowded after the morning throng had dispersed. I didn't see much trash, except for white tissues. After 2 pm, many times I was all by myself for as far as I could see ahead and behind me.

With regard to "cheating", I saw none, since I don't regard the Camino as a race or competition. People choose their own method of traveling The Way. One fellow I met walked with a colostomy bag. Was he "cheating"? Should he have removed the bag? Many people were walking shorter distances than me every day. Was I beating them? Many walked farther and faster than me. Was I beaten by them? Was I "cheating" by wearing boots with Vibram soles rather than basic sandals? Look back on the post by Falcon269 (Sept. 14). That defines "cheating".

I had a rich and beautiful Camino. It was a great experience.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Wow, reading this thread kind of depressed me. My first camino is next April. Due to some health concerns I expect to need to use the bus or taxi in some places. I do not consider it cheating, people differ in their health and capabilities. I would not take the bus and take someone's place in an albergue, but I am limited by my own circumstances. Yes, I am a 70 year old American. I would not ask for a compestela if I do not walk all the way from Sarria. Do people think a pilgrimage is not for me? Feeling sad reading this.
It makes me sad that you're sad! Unfortunately, the world has many a negative and judgmental soul in it, however my experience is that they're also balanced out with lovely ones :) Your Camino sounds like it's going to be amazing, and perfectly suited to YOU- which is what matters :)

Imsundaze, I agree with Sandra S. Don't let your plans or Pilgrimage be tainted by negative or judgmental people. You will have a full and wonderful Camino if you go with an open mind, positive outlook, no expectations, and take time to talk to everyone and experience their joy. The best part of the day for me was at the end when everyone got together to talk about the day and about their families back home. You deserve this. Don't get discouraged.

Mooncat, did we meet on the Camino? I too walked into Santiago on October 3rd.

Mike

Just got back too. I started at St. Jean Pied de Port on Sept. 3 and finished in Santiago on Oct. 3. I had no issues finding beds in albergues and only had to sleep outside one night. By the way, municipal albergues do not accept reservations, only private ones. I had a great Camino and established a "Camino Family". A couple of times, when Pilgrims were making reservations ahead at private albergues, they asked me if I wanted to be included. And, I said yes several times. Fellow pilgrims and townspeople were exceedingly helpful and friendly. Most days, I would just wander into town and see what was available for lodging. I stayed in small hotels or secured a private room 4 times without reservations. No problem. Many times, the albergues I stayed in had empty beds remaining. The trail was not crowded after the morning throng had dispersed. I didn't see much trash, except for white tissues. After 2 pm, many times I was all by myself for as far as I could see ahead and behind me.

With regard to "cheating", I saw none, since I don't regard the Camino as a race or competition. People choose their own method of traveling The Way. One fellow I met walked with a colostomy bag. Was he "cheating"? Should he have removed the bag? Many people were walking shorter distances than me every day. Was I beating them? Many walked farther and faster than me. Was I beaten by them? Was I "cheating" by wearing boots with Vibram soles rather than basic sandals? Look back on the post by Falcon269 (Sept. 14). That defines "cheating".

I had a rich and beautiful Camino. It was a great experience.
You are lucky, try end of July and all of August. Never will do it in those months . hard to find accommodations and a lot of party young people drinkingh and making noise.

Mooncat, did we meet on the Camino? I too walked into Santiago on October 3rd.

Mike
Mike, I arrived at the Cathedral at about 1 pm on Oct. 3. But, since I had a late start that morning, I was the only "long-walker" among the people with the tiny packs. We may have met along the journey. We should exchange some information and stories.

I'd be happy to share info and stories. I too had a small pack and did 54km that day. I think I got in line at the pilgrim office at 4:45pm.

I'd be happy to share info and stories. I too had a small pack and did 54km that day. I think I got in line at the pilgrim office at 4:45pm.
No offense intended with the tiny pack comment. You were indeed a "long walker". I was a short walker that day and only did about 20 km. Great to get in ahead of that rain!

No offense intended with the tiny pack comment. You were indeed a "long walker". I was a short walker that day and only did about 20 km. Great to get in ahead of that rain!

I have no doubt you meant no offence. None taken either! Yes, beating the rain and being there for noon mass the next day were definitely my motivation factors. I met a couple of people (husband/wife maybe) that were from New Mexico, maybe even Las Cruces and dined with them and a dozen other people in Molinaseca. I was wondering if that was you. I saw them on the way to Finisterre too.

54km?!?! Is that a typo? If not, then perhaps you were too ambitious? I can't imagine that you actually saw or bonded with the landscape you walked through! 30km per day was my absolute max!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
To OP, I just returned from CF on the 12Oct. I went with the expectation of walking alone. But there were other plans for me.The moment I step out of the albergues at SJPDP on 7 Sep, I met 2 lovely Taiwanese sisters who invited me to walk with them. I decline but still caught up with them on the way to Orisson. I had reservation at Orisson while they did not. Nonetheless, we had a good chat while they were resting at Orisson. I then met a couple and 2 friends in Orisson and had walked the whole CF with them. The 'camino familia' does exist. When I reached Santiago, I saw the 2 Taiwanese sisters and they were so happy to see me again and I was just as thrilled. we hugged each other like we were separated from birth. I have no doubt that if they had reservation at Orisson or if I did not, they wouldwould have been my Camino 'sisters'.

I have no doubt you meant no offence. None taken either! Yes, beating the rain and being there for noon mass the next day were definitely my motivation factors. I met a couple of people (husband/wife maybe) that were from New Mexico, maybe even Las Cruces and dined with them and a dozen other people in Molinaseca. I was wondering if that was you. I saw them on the way to Finisterre too.
I had heard there were two other New Mexicans from Albuquerque. But, I didn't catch up with them.

Ah, hierbas as de orujo, so good! So good in fact I make my own now!

I will second that. It is also a drink I have not been able to find in the States. There is a great bar in Salcedo that serves some very good home made stuff.;)

Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
54km?!?! Is that a typo? If not, then perhaps you were too ambitious? I can't imagine that you actually saw or bonded with the landscape you walked through! 30km per day was my absolute max!

Nope, not a typo. Some days there was a lot of bonding, other days, like this one, I started praying and didn't even think about my feet or what they were doing. It was a very good day. Besides 54km is a measurement of distance not speed. We might have walked at the same speed but you may have walked less time than me.;)

Mike

Nope, not a typo. Some days there was a lot of bonding, other days, like this one, I started praying and didn't even think about my feet or what they were doing. It was a very good day. Besides 54km is a measurement of distance not speed. We might have walked at the same speed but you may have walked less time than me.;)

Mike
True enough.... I could have walked much longer days than I did.

=

Wow, reading this thread kind of depressed me. My first camino is next April. Due to some health concerns I expect to need to use the bus or taxi in some places. I do not consider it cheating, people differ in their health and capabilities. I would not take the bus and take someone's place in an albergue, but I am limited by my own circumstances. Yes, I am a 70 year old American. I would not ask for a compestela if I do not walk all the way from Sarria. Do people think a pilgrimage is not for me? Feeling sad reading this.

@Imsundaze - I will also be starting in April. I'm going with a friend and due to the amount of time each of us gets off of work, we will only have 12 days to walk. We plan to walk all 12 days, but want to see different parts of the Camino. So, we will be taking buses/taxis too to skip ahead some parts (heck, even the guidebooks suggest which are the best parts to skip). We won't take anyone's bed. We won't get false stamps. We will walk the last 100km. But will some see us as "cheating"? yes. Do we care? no. We are doing what we can in the best way for us. We don't just want to see the crowded last 200km. We want to see the camino and feel all parts of it - so this is the best decision for us. You are doing the best decision for you - don't let others diminish your experience! And, really, when you let others dictate your experience, you are just giving them power - same as if you judge other people and let them have a negative effect on your mindset. (and yes, we are well aware that we will run into snorers....and chances are we will be the 5am wake up people (on weeekends we are texting at 4:30am to start our walks - just because we are up that early naturally).

Hopefully, we will see you on the trail and share a bottle of wine!!! We'll be two American females in their 30's enjoying every second!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Do people think a pilgrimage is not for me?

A pilgrimage is in the mind. Only you know what you can do physically, and what you can't. And only you know whether you are undertaking a pilgrimage.

If time is not a constraint, why not walk what you can do each day. Then stopping for the night. Instead of doing 20-25 km a day, you might prefer to walk around 10 km. Or limit the total distance to what you can do in the time available and find a suitable starting point or you.

The guide books are prepared with an able bodied "normal" person in mind. If you cannot do the stages they suggest that does not mean you are not a pilgrim. While the guide book stopping points usually have many alburgue, they are also dotted at many places in between.

Kia kaha (be strong) in your intentions.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back