• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just lost a small yellow wallet on the coastal route.

ReDDD

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015
Camino Portugues 2015
I was walking from Povoa do Varzim to Marinhas and realized my wallet fell out from a pocket. I was in so much back pain, didn't notice that at all. Walked back a little km, but didn't see nothing. Gosh. How stupid of me! Have no money or cards that take money out.

I have a backpack storaged at Ivar's that has another card. Guess I just need get to Santiago but don't know how : ( Right now sitting at a library? using the internet for a while.

I think I'll just go to the albergue in Marinhas first but not even sure I can stay there without money. Any advices in this kinda cases??

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I was walking from Povoa do Varzim to Marinhas and realized my wallet fell out from a pocket. I was in so much back pain, didn't notice that at all. Walked back a little km, but didn't see nothing. Gosh. How stupid of me! Have no money or cards that take money out.

I have a backpack storaged at Ivar's that has another card. Guess I just need get to Santiago but don't know how : ( Right now sitting at a library? using the internet for a while.

I think I'll just go to the albergue in Marinhas first but not even sure I can stay there without money. Any advices in this kinda cases??

We found your wallet and have been trying to contact you through your bank cards and have contacted police but have to deliver in person to police station in next town tomorrow. We are in Apulia tonight if you want to agree handover location- please call +353868196037

We found your wallet and have been trying to contact you through your bank cards and have contacted police but have to deliver in person to police station in next town tomorrow. We are in Apulia tonight if you want to agree handover location- please call +353868196037

OH MY GOD!!!
You guys are angels!!! I'm staying at an albergue in Marinhas which is a town after you guys are. I can wait on your way here tomorrow or take a bus to go there!!!

Since I don't have a phone, can I give you my email?!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A heartwarming exchange. :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Best thread ever! Amazing :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wow.
I didn't realize this thread has been getting lots of replies!

So... this is how the whole story went.

I actually walked the French Way last July and August and have met lots of awesome and beautiful people. After walking to Santiago-Muxia-Finisterra as well, I came down to Portugal. Spending about 2 weeks, I started to walk from Porto again because I really loved the camino experience I had on french way. I know I wasn't gonna walk the whole way to Santiago because I have to be in some other country by certain time, but I wanted to walk a little bit anyway and have a glimpse of what this Portuguese way is like.

After all the crying and panicking, I knew it wasn't gonna help me in no way and needed to think about what to do after. So I started walking to Marinhas and posted my situation on facebook before I posted it here. Surprisingly tho, soooo many of my friends, especially the ones that I met on the camino last month, offered me to help and one of them wire transfered some money to another pilgrim who's staying at the same albergue, so I had some money to go to Santiago. It was really good enough solution. But then a bit later I got a reply from the forum!!! Also a few minutes later another pilgrim came into the albergue saying "Are you the one lost a wallet?" She had an info of the person who found my wallet. The guys who found my wallet and I exchanged few emails and met next day morning at the albergue.

The thing is that I've been traveling a little over than 5 months and still have more than a year to go. And the day it all happened was my 30th birthday. Also, I was having so much doubt about walking it again because of all the pains, I was thinking it's probably the camino punishing me in a way or something. Well... what a birthday I had instead!

When we met in the morning, Tom, Annie and one other friend of them, the angels, even gave me a compass as a birthday gift. In fact, I've been using it everyday ever since! I really wanted to do something for them, but they said it's all karma and a smile from me was enough. I was hoping to meet them again but haven't seem them since.

I still can't believe what all happened, how quickly all is solved and all the support and help I got from the friends on the camino. Because of them I could have walked the camino a little more instead of ending it soon. Seriously, people are so kind and nice. It gave me another good impression of the camino.

Now my camino time has coming to an end this year. I'm going to Santiago by bus in a few days. But I'm pretty sure I'll walk it again and cherish the memories forever. And this forum!!! Sorry for this tooooo long behind story tho... : )

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you @ReDDD for letting us know what happened, amazing story.
It's late but I wish you Happy Birthday. My son had his 30th on the camino, in Pamplona.
I'm so glad the forum was there to help you .... The camino provides!
Have a safe journey and buen camino.

Wow.
I didn't realize this thread has been getting lots of replies!

So... this is how the whole story went.

I actually walked the French Way last July and August and have met lots of awesome and beautiful people. After walking to Santiago-Muxia-Finisterra as well, I came down to Portugal. Spending about 2 weeks, I started to walk from Porto again because I really loved the camino experience I had on french way. I know I wasn't gonna walk the whole way to Santiago because I have to be in some other country by certain time, but I wanted to walk a little bit anyway and have a glimpse of what this Portuguese way is like.

After all the crying and panicking, I knew it wasn't gonna help me in no way and needed to think about what to do after. So I started walking to Marinhas and posted my situation on facebook before I posted it here. Surprisingly tho, soooo many of my friends, especially the ones that I met on the camino last month, offered me to help and one of them wire transfered some money to another pilgrim who's staying at the same albergue, so I had some money to go to Santiago. It was really good enough solution. But then a bit later I got a reply from the forum!!! Also a few minutes later another pilgrim came into the albergue saying "Are you the one lost a wallet?" She had an info of the person who found my wallet. The guys who found my wallet and I exchanged few emails and met next day morning at the albergue.

The thing is that I've been traveling a little over than 5 months and still have more than a year to go. And the day it all happened was my 30th birthday. Also, I was having so much doubt about walking it again because of all the pains, I was thinking it's probably the camino punishing me in a way or something. Well... what a birthday I had instead!

When we met in the morning, Tom, Annie and one other friend of them, the angels, even gave me a compass as a birthday gift. In fact, I've been using it everyday ever since! I really wanted to do something for them, but they said it's all karma and a smile from me was enough. I was hoping to meet them again but haven't seem them since.

I still can't believe what all happened, how quickly all is solved and all the support and help I got from the friends on the camino. Because of them I could have walked the camino a little more instead of ending it soon. Seriously, people are so kind and nice. It gave me another good impression of the camino.

Now my camino time has coming to an end this year. I'm going to Santiago by bus in a few days. But I'm pretty sure I'll walk it again and cherish the memories forever. And this forum!!! Sorry for this tooooo long behind story tho... : )
ReDD, wish you a Buen Camino! Enjoy each step!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back