• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kansas pilgrims

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
Anyone here from Kansas who has done or intends to do the camino?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Which part did you do?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm in Dodge City. I'm planning to start from Le Puy this summer. How long did it take you to complete the Camino Francés? I'm hoping 9-10 weeks will be enough for me to get all the way to Santiago.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Know of any good hiking paths for training in Kansas? There's nothing really where I am, just walking around town, or going to the gym.

I don't think anything can prepare you for the Camino. I also walked on a treadmill for an hour a day. No hills or mountains. Start slow and work your way into it. Use the first few days/weeks as a training. I wasn't in great shape when I started. 55 y/o overweight man. If you have more questions ask. What ever I can help with.
By the way I only speak English, no Spanish, French and didn't have a problem. Pointed a lot.

Your pack weight is key. My was 15 lbs total. Try to get it down as light as you can. I wore smart wool socks with silk liners. No blisters. A well broken in shoes and extra shoe laces.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I've been thinking of going to Tallgrass Prairie, and maybe Konza/Tuttle Creek when I have a long weekend to go walking, just so I can practice the longer distances. And partly because I hate walking in town, where it's all concrete and traffic. Is that something that might work well for training?

Most read last week in this forum

This may seem petty since the actual donation cost was minimal, but in February 2024, I sent some money to American Pilgrims (americanpilgrims.org) for two credentials in advance of an April 2024...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.