• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Keen CNX Walking Sandals

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
More and more people are hiking the Camino in sandals.
I hiked about 600km of the Camino Frances in sandals in 2007. I wore socks to prevent sand and stones getting into the sandals but they were fine.

Our whole family walked in Keens sandals - different styles depending on what felt comfortable for each foot. We also wore socks. When they got wet, they dried out quickly.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I haven't had a problem with blisters, wearing them hiking around central Texas. But they have a version that doesn't have the toe strap as well.

Kiwi-family said:
Our whole family walked in Keens sandals - different styles depending on what felt comfortable for each foot. We also wore socks. When they got wet, they dried out quickly.
This is good information. I am currently looking at the closed toe lightweight model - good for water, mud, and rough terrain like I encountered from Le Puy to Figeac. Thanks, Kiwi family :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Anniesantiago said:
One of my lady hikers wore Keens last fall half way because her boots gave her blisters. She loved them!
Thanks, Annie. That's what I wanted to hear, and coming from you, it has extra authority for me. :)

Robert

Kiwi-family said:
Hi Kiwi family. Good news to hear. Thank you for responding to my query. :)

Robert

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Because of the comments on this thread, I bought a pair of closed toe lightweight Keen sandals. While training last week, I got caught in a thunderstorm while in my trekking tennis shoes, so I pulled off my waterlogged socks and shoes and pulled out the Keen sandals. I walked the remaining 4 miles home in them and was thrilled. They were comfortable, dry, and cushioned. All in all, it was one of the best gear choices I made, and I am looking forward to walking part of the Camino in them next week when I leave.

I went to REI to get some Keen clearwater sandals but after trying them on i was very dissapointed, They are very thin in height and crushed my feet, I tried the keen Newports and although slightly heavier fitted perfectly, Best to try before you buy

Dave

Dave Courtenay said:
I went to REI to get some Keen clearwater sandals but after trying them on i was very dissapointed, They are very thin in height and crushed my feet, I tried the keen Newports and although slightly heavier fitted perfectly, Best to try before you buy

Dave

Very important advice - I find some of their styles fit well and others could be the worst ever I've tried on - for my feet! There's a huge variation.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
JansCamino said:
Because of the comments on this thread, I bought a pair of closed toe lightweight Keen sandals. While training last week, I got caught in a thunderstorm while in my trekking tennis shoes, so I pulled off my waterlogged socks and shoes and pulled out the Keen sandals. I walked the remaining 4 miles home in them and was thrilled. They were comfortable, dry, and cushioned. All in all, it was one of the best gear choices I made, and I am looking forward to walking part of the Camino in them next week when I leave.

Great News! We bought ours yesterday and immediately were able to hike about 5km in them followed by a few more hours of ordinary strolling around in them.

Great to hear your experience was as wonderful as mine. I can't wait to use them in three days when I begin my pilgrimage.

Buen Camino!

Back