• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Keeping this valuable forum viable - donations

Kanga

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I've just renewed an account upgrade and it caused me to be curious. I see that many active members are not donating members. I know that people's financial circumstances vary, but if this forum brings you any pleasure, could you please consider donating?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am a proud member of this Forum that my wife tells me should be called, "Caminoholics Inc."

Thank you Ivar for creating this and keeping it going. A special thanks go out to all the Volunteers who keep our posts on the straight and narrow.

Buen Camino

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
It was an e-mail notification that brought me back to the Forum to renew donation status. I cannot seem to get here as often as I would like so it would have missed my attention otherwise. (Hardly seems fair to be listed as an "Active" member! Kudos to those doing most of the heavy lifting here.)

But I love the Camino and think that this forum is about the best preparation for any aspirants to the walk. Equally important is the environment for the veterans to share in Camino camaraderie from home. Putting the two together is just genius...

So I was more than happy to show up and help keep it going. Thanks for your post, Kanga!

B

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am a proud member of this Forum that my wife tells me should be called, "Caminoholics Inc."

Thank you Ivar for creating this and keeping it going. A special hanks go out to all the Volunteers who keep our posts on the straight and narrow.

Buen Camino

Standing up and confessing: I am a Caminoholic - Sitting down ...
Buen Camino de la Vida, SY

I must also be a Caminoholic. I thought the camino was going to be a one shot deal but I'm in the planning stage for a second. So renewed my membership for another 4 years.

I love this forum and am happy to make my donations. What an amazing source of information and camaraderie. I've learned everything from where to find mass on a week night to why my cellphone charger wouldn't work in Puerto Rico. And all in congenial company.
As the commercial says (sort of), cost of my membership, minimal; information like that-- priceless!!
Thanks Ivar, moderators, and all who contribute to keep it going!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thought it was time to bump this thread again. Again, I see that many of those who post often and obviously enjoy the forum, have not donated. Many of us have financial burdens and are not able to make extra payments, so no pressure, but if you can, please consider it.

As already stated ,please consider when you can a donation to this wonderful forum.
Also a large thank you to Ivar and the Moderators for there " work " for keeping this Forum for what it is today .
And to keep it up and running for those who seek answers , chare there story's and so much more .
Wish all off you Pilgrims happy and safe travels for the years to come.

Peter.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As already stated ,please consider when you can a donation to this wonderful forum.
Also a large thank you to Ivar and the Moderators for there " work " for keeping this Forum for what it is today .
And to keep it up and running for those who seek answers , chare there story's and so much more .
Wish all off you Pilgrims happy and safe travels for the years to come.

Peter.

I agree.

Thought it was time to bump this thread again. Again, I see that many of those who post often and obviously enjoy the forum, have not donated. Many of us have financial burdens and are not able to make extra payments, so no pressure, but if you can, please consider it.
Thanks Kanga...all done now.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back