• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino KennB from SJPP on the Francés

KennB

Time of past OR future Camino
Getting ready for El Camino "Frances" in 2022
We arrived this morning in Madrid, Spain from NY-JFK on Iberia Flt 6250, we were hoping to be on stand-by for a connecting Flight to Pamplona but due to customs and the long lines it wasn't possible. We are now waiting for our reserved flight at noon to Pamplona, and since the ALSA bus schedule has changed; we are sharing a taxi to St. Jean. We arrived in Madrid ahead of schedule but it took us just over 2hrs to get through customs, the early flight to Pamplona was at 7:50am. Happy and excited though being here can't wait to get to SJPDP in a few hours time.

Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We departed Gite Makila at 0800 after having breakfast, walked through both gates and right off the bat the first steep incline it didn't stop there it seemed that it was one after the other. We had a heavy fog that morning with a lite mist. We arrived at Orisson got lunch and refilled our water bottles We left Orisson after resting an hour the rest if the way to Roncesvalles was as tough, hard and a steeper climb as the first 8km The climb down is also as tough and hard as the climb TAKE your time if you plan on taking the Napoleon route to Roncesvalles

We had breakfast at the Hotel in Roncesvalles and by 0800 we were on our way took a picture and the famous sign to Santiago and kept walking not so bad of a hike following the rio ARGA we then stopped at La Parada for brunch we kepy going to Zubiri but the last few km down ate tough and treacherous with jagged and loose rocks you get into Zubiri and it's great you go over the Rio ARGA a d your there you get settled in and one thing someone told me is that you must get your feet wet in the Rio it's said to have magical and mystical properties to heal whatever aches you.

Buen Camino

Attachments

• 20220417_171417.jpg
    20220417_171417.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 53
  • 20220417_171331.jpg
    20220417_171331.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We had breakfast at the Hotel in Roncesvalles and by 0800 we were on our way took a picture and the famous sign to Santiago and kept walking not so bad of a hike following the rio ARGA we then stopped at La Parada for brunch we kepy going to Zubiri but the last few km down ate tough and treacherous with jagged and loose rocks you get into Zubiri and it's great you go over the Rio ARGA a d your there you get settled in and one thing someone told me is that you must get your feet wet in the Rio it's said to have magical and mystical properties to heal whatever aches you.

Buen Camino
Is the breakfast good at Hotel Roncesvalles? We’ll be staying there.

you must get your feet wet in the Rio it's said to have magical and mystical properties to heal whatever aches you.
Thinking of it, i did wet my feet in the river and walked to Santiago without any blister or injury. Since I did not hear of other people, that did wet their feet and did have problems (maybe for lack of asking, who knows) i now state that this is a scientifically proven fact ;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Is the breakfast good at Hotel Roncesvalles? We’ll be staying there.
The breakfast at the Hotel was ok, two pieces of toast a slice of cheese and ham, orange juice, coffee an apple and a slice of spice cake I think it fills you up

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sorry for not posting, but it's been soooo exciting walking....Today we left Grañon and arrived in Belorado,we passed the small towns of Redecillas del Camino, Castildelgado, Viloria de Rioja and Villamayor del Rio real small towns. We arrived a bit to early for the Albergue, it opens at 1330 so we stopped at a local bar for a Kañon (16oz beer). We're staying in the Albergue Cuatro Cantones, great place 👍

Attachments

• 20220427_072617.jpg
    20220427_072617.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220427_072717.jpg
    20220427_072717.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220427_073604.jpg
    20220427_073604.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220427_075924.jpg
    20220427_075924.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220427_081712.jpg
    20220427_081712.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220427_085548.jpg
    20220427_085548.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220427_125803.jpg
    20220427_125803.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220427_131640.jpg
    20220427_131640.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back