A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Keurig / K cup Cafe con Leche

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015, 2017, 2019) and plans for 2021 (Sept, Oct)
One of our favorite daily rituals on the camino is having café con leche with our breakfast and also at one of our rest breaks walking through a town. When my wife and I returned home in late October, I was thinking about creative Xmas presents I could buy for my wife. I pondered whether there are Keurig K cups with cafe con leche flavor. I signed onto Amazon.com and was pleased to find Cafe con Leche offered by "Cafe Bustelo". While it does not taste exactly like the CCL we had in Spain, it is very tasty and we are enjoying it. And this was certainly a surprise for my wife ! Bob

Camino(s) past & future
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
For those trying to replicate the cafe con leche experience and who don't have a Keurig machine, apparently the use of uht milk rather than the more generally available fresh milk, makes all the difference.

It helps to relive the experience if you first walk 3km in an early morning daze, preferably uphill.

peregrina2000

Staff member
For those trying to replicate the cafe con leche experience and who don't have a Keurig machine, apparently the use of uht milk rather than the more generally available fresh milk, makes all the difference.

It helps to relive the experience if you first walk 3km in an early morning daze, preferably uphill.
Your last comment reminded me of our old friend Tamtamplin’s hilarious post. Posting it again so the new folks can read it and the old timers can laugh at it again.

Hoping Tam is doing well.

MichaelF4

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese Coastal 2017
Camino Frances 2018
Camino Frances, Camino Invierno 2019
A simple stove top espresso maker will do nicely. And warm the milk if you want to make it more authentic. Coffee pods are expensive and terrible for the environment, but to each their own.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
RachelNZ Food and drink on the Camino de Santiago 41
OLDER threads on this topic
Cup of tea on the Frances?

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock