• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kindness in Moratinos

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Last sunday morning, on a cold and windy day, i was walking through Moratinos and stopped to take shelter at the village square. Rebecca from the forum and her friend Cathy stopped with me and invited me to their home for a coffee. I appreciated the offer and gladly accepted. I was so nice to sit in the warmth of the house and have a hot drink.
Thank you Rebecca
Aidan

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I second that :) I turned up on her doorstep unannounced and mentioned a mutual friend who had asked me to say hello when passing. Rebekah immediately invited me to stay the night and share in the special celebration for the 10 years she and Paddy had stayed in Moratinos. Which also meant that for the second night running I had the chance to hear the beautiful and unique guitar music of James Kline. Then dinner in an excellent cavern of a restaurant. And woke with a monumental hangover the next day :) So many things to remember!

Last January I stayed a night at the PK and enjoyed the fine company, cooking and stories of Paddy (while Rebekah was away) and also of great importance, the attention of Harry the dog! What kindness of them to open their home to so many...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Last sunday morning, on a cold and windy day, i was walking through Moratinos and stopped to take shelter at the village square. Rebecca from the forum and her friend Cathy stopped with me and invited me to their home for a coffee. I appreciated the offer and gladly accepted. I was so nice to sit in the warmth of the house and have a hot drink.
Thank you Rebecca
Aidan
A wonderful way to take care of a fellow Peregrino ! Bravo !

You are welcome, Aidan. Did you know that my friend Kathy co-founded the American Pilgrims on the Camino group? We really enjoyed your visit.
I think most of the people on this site would do the same things we do at Peaceable, given my circumstances. Meantime, you all can offer hospitality to the people you see in your neighborhood who could use a hot drink or just a smile. Hospitality is a fundamental part of being human. It´s not hard at all. And it is not just a camino thing.

In 2014 on my first Camino, I had planned to stop and say Hello to Rebekah. Unfortunately, my friend was sick in Los Templerios and we went straight by Taxi and Train to Leon for her to get treatment. Because of this I missed stopping in Moratinos. In May 2017, on my second Camino (walking alone this time) I finally made it to Moratinos. I started walking around town in the Evening and asked the locals were Casa de Rebekah was located and found it. I knocked at the door and Paddy answered, I asked for Rebekah but he told me she was gone on a walk. I apologised for disturbing him and was about to walk off, but he insisted I come in for a glass of wine. We had a nice visit and he asked me to write in his guess book. I want to walk the Camino Frances again and this time I finally hope to meet Rebekah. Jean from Quebec.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
. Rebecca from the forum and her friend Cathy stopped with me and invited me to their home for a coffee. I appreciated the offer and gladly accepted. I was so nice to sit in the warmth of the house and have a hot drink.

Kindness from a person who has made this forum what it is today

Thank you Rebecca
Aidan

In September last year, my husband Dominique and I walked the Camino Madrid and then the Salvador. When we arrived in Sahagun at the end of the Madrid Way, we walked backwards on the Camino Frances to Moratinos, where we stayed overnight at Peaceable Kingdom.

Like many who have written here, we too did not get to meet Rebekah (one day, I hope) - but we had the pleasure of spending an afternoon and evening with Paddy and their dear friend James. The next morning we all walked together back along the Frances to San Nicolas, shared a coffee and a last chat, and said our goodbyes. Paddy and James and 'the girls' walked back to Peaceable Kingdom and Domi and I back to Sahagun.

This is my blog entry from that day - and some images we carry in our hearts and minds.

Thank you to Paddy (and Rebekah) for welcoming us into your home. And to James – as well as Ruby, Judy, Charlotte, Gloria and Marko.

We arrived as strangers and left as friends.

Muchas gracias.

Jenny and Dominique

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I second that :) I turned up on her doorstep unannounced and mentioned a mutual friend who had asked me to say hello when passing. Rebekah immediately invited me to stay the night and share in the special celebration for the 10 years she and Paddy had stayed in Moratinos. Which also meant that for the second night running I had the chance to hear the beautiful and unique guitar music of James Kline. Then dinner in an excellent cavern of a restaurant. And woke with a monumental hangover the next day :) So many things to remember!

I think, Bradypus, that I was there as well.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You are welcome, Aidan. Did you know that my friend Kathy co-founded the American Pilgrims on the Camino group? We really enjoyed your visit.
I think most of the people on this site would do the same things we do at Peaceable, given my circumstances. Meantime, you all can offer hospitality to the people you see in your neighborhood who could use a hot drink or just a smile. Hospitality is a fundamental part of being human. It´s not hard at all. And it is not just a camino thing.
Rebekah did you have anything to do with the yarnbombing in the square last year. It really made my day, as the square is actually not on the route. I loved it.

Rebekah did you have anything to do with the yarnbombing in the square last year. It really made my day, as the square is actually not on the route. I loved it.

:rolleyes:The waymarks through town were put there by the bar owner... The yarn-bombs are a project of the Association Cultural de Moratinos, a neighborhood club that works to keep the town busy and relatively attractive. I've had a hand in several projects, but the crochet and knitting are beyond my ability. Those were done by several ladies of the town, and refreshed with contributions from a handcrafts club in my hometown outside Pittsburgh, PA. (If I can't make em myself, I'll call my sister!) We need to freshen them again; any knitted/crocheted contributions you'd like to make will be cheerfully attached to a tree in your honor!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
:rolleyes:The waymarks through town were put there by the bar owner... The yarn-bombs are a project of the Association Cultural de Moratinos, a neighborhood club that works to keep the town busy and relatively attractive. I've had a hand in several projects, but the crochet and knitting are beyond my ability. Those were done by several ladies of the town, and refreshed with contributions from a handcrafts club in my hometown outside Pittsburgh, PA. (If I can't make em myself, I'll call my sister!) We need to freshen them again; any knitted/crocheted contributions you'd like to make will be cheerfully attached to a tree in your honor!
I'd love to contribute, and I might have some Melbourne friends interested as well. Can you provide address, or is there a Facebook page etc. I would need some measurements.

Beautifully put, Rebekah. Please say hola and bonjour to Paddy from Jenny and Dominique.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back