• Some parts of the forum is not leading as it should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

kit list - cistercian way

andy.d

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante 2009
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2011
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2014
Pilgrims Way Winchester - Canterbury
Camino Ingles (Ferrol) 2015
Cistercian Way (Wales) 2016
I've had a go at detailing my kit list for my upcoming pilgrimage on the Cistercian Way (700 miles round Wales) here:
https://pilgrimpace.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/cistercian-way-kit-list/
Comments welcome - I'm trying to shave off weight, but am aware that I need to camp a lot of the way and that I will be walking through the Welsh winter (no albergues and potential for very wet and a bit cold)

thanks

Andy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Probably a good idea to carry a small reserve supply of dried food - something light, nonperishable and calorific. Couscous perhaps?

Cheers Roland,
food not included. Fear not, there will be plenty of tinned fish and cuppa soup for the bit we walk together

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Looks good to me, the only two things I would question are:

Washing powder - can be replaced by shampoo or, if you plan outdoor washing by an ecological friendly all purpose outdoor washing liquid (sea to summit does those f.e.)

2 Headlamps - Why 2?

Buen Camino, SY

Thanks Sybille,

good idea on the washing liquid - I'll look into it.
I was thinking of two headlamps because, towards the end, when the nights have drawn in, I may end up having to walk in the dark a bit. But I will give this some thought

Andy

Cistercian Way (700 miles round Wales)
I'll be following your blog! My husband leaves Sept 7 to finish up Offa's Dyke and then do some recon for other Welsh walks.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
excellent - I did a little of the north of Offa's Dyke with @Bradypus last week as a training walk.
I'm starting the big pilgrimage in the south at Penrhys and going clockwise

@andy.d
If you are walking a Cistercian pilgrimage in Wales, you might see if you can stay at Tymawr, a contemporary Church of Wales Cistercian influenced religious house in Wales, walking distance from Tintern abbey. They have a guest house and I have stayed with them twice.

Thank you Albertagirl. I've booked to stay with the Cistercians at Caldey and at Whitland earlier on in the pilgrimage, and will try to stay with the Brigettines at Holywell once I know when I'll be there.
I hadn't thought of Ty Mawr, but I already have an invitation from the Friends of Tintern Abbey - they are giving me accommodation and doing something with me for the day on October 18th (and I am a guest at the Small Pilgrim Places Annual Gathering at Abergavenney on October 15th) so I can't fit it in on this occasion.
thank you!

Andy

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Back