• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Km pr hour

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Isa, depends of the level of fitnes , where you walk ( up hill, down hill or a straight walk ) and the age of the pilgrim . And the weather conditions will play a role to .
I don't have a opinion about the average walking speed, sorry .

Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

does anyone know how many km pr hour the average walking speed is when walking a Camino ? Just trying to figure out how many hours a day I'll be walking.

Welcome to the forum Ida!

Basically, everyone is different! One way to figure out your speed is to walk. On your training hikes you will be able to get a clearer idea of your speed, though it will be different over different terrain of course. Also, km/hr will not include all the time spent admiring the view and talking to cows! I met a girl who said she was walking 4.5 km/hr when she was training, so when we walked together we timed her over a week. It turned out 'on camino' she was closer to 3km/hr.

I prefer using distance for a daily measure instead. I know over all my walking I average 22 km a day, and this has remained constant. Some days I do around 30, some 15, but average 22. When I plan a new camino I find I am not far wrong when I calculate how long it will take using 22km a day. Again everyone will be different.

What you will find also, on camino every day will be so different and you will walk as far as you feel that day. You will have days where you feel so tired that 15-20km is enough. Others, you feel you could walk forever! In other words don't think too much about it! Don't think, Walk! When you are tired stop!

Davey

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome Ida, I would agree with Davey, on average we calculated we were walking about 3.5kpr but your average daily distance is more important, again ours, over the whole Camino, was 25km per day. This included both some long and some very short days.
Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

does anyone know how many km pr hour the average walking speed is when walking a Camino ? Just trying to figure out how many hours a day I'll be walking.

Hi Ida!
Check out gronze.com. It gives not only the distance, but also the difficulty and the time it takes to walk each stage. So it probably calculates the time taking into account terrain, hills/no hills etc., but I am assuming it would be just walking time and not include time for taking 1000's of pictures, talking to people, rest stops, etc.
Buen Camino,
Charlotte

For me it is:

4-6km/hour on flat terrain where I don't have to look out for the way marking because it is straight forward.
3-4km/hour on very mildly hilly terrain with good way marking.
3-1km/hour depending on ascend/way marking/weather/wind coming from the front.

And yes, I do less km at the end of the day than at the beginning. As a rule of thumb I think of 3km/hour is what I can do without overdoing things and leaving leeway for rest stops.

Buen Camino, SY

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you for all your tips and replies. I`m thinking of doing the Camino Ingles where, after what i`ve read, there arent that many places to stop and sleep, so my plan so far is to follow the route described in Johnnie Walkers guide from Ferrol to SdC, and just wanted an idea of how many hours walking a day i could expect. I have som experience hiking in the Mountains here in Norway, but i imagine that the terrain in Spain is somewhat flatter. I`ll check out gronze.com and of course start walking some time before i do the Camino and take the time. Just getting i bit eager whilst planning :)

I can understand why you might ask this, but lets face it, none of us walk the Camino to be data collectors and statisticians, other than we might have an interest in our own walking statistics. So:
  • I doubt anyone could tell you what the average walking speed of pilgrims might be;
  • unless you are exactly 'average' it won't help you anyhow
  • added to which, it doesn't really determine how many hours a day you might choose to walk
  • although if you know your own average, you will know roughly how long it will take to cover a particular part of the route.
I keep my GPS tracks, and they can be an invaluable source, but only for my personal achievements. Last year, walking with my wife, we walked at an average speed of just under 3.6 km/hr, and over the walking day averaged a bit over 2.3 km/hr. When I walked by myself, my average walking speed was about 4.5 km/hr, and over the walking day averaged just under 3.3 km/hr.

My walking speeds on the Camino are very similar to when I am bushwalking here at home with a camping pack. For urban walks with a small pack carrying water and snacks, I am typically doing around 5 km/hr or a little more as my average walking speed over longer distances, a bit more if I push it for short walks. So take @spursfan's advice and measure your walking speed, although I would suggest doing that with your Camino load and do it over at least 15 km to get a good idea of how fast you will walk.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the forum Ida!

I prefer using distance for a daily measure instead. I know over all my walking I average 22 km a day, and this has remained constant. Some days I do around 30, some 15, but average 22. When I plan a new camino I find I am not far wrong when I calculate how long it will take using 22km a day. Again everyone will be different.

Davey

You are right Davey! I walked on average 16km a day. I discovered I was happy on the days that were <20km and then just done on the days that were >20km.
So I planned my Camino in 20km increments. I walked in Joy! But slowly! Between 2.5 and 4 km per hour.

Hola Ida and again a welcome to the Forum. Some really great advice above. My 10 cents - walk the section from St Jean to Pamplona slowly - 5 days if necessary as you adjust to life on the Camino. From there don't really plan - take it as it comes. You will find you have short days and long days - those with lots of "up-hill" will be shorter!!

If you find you are short on time to complete the whole 800 km then maybe skip a few stages (but not the Meseta!) or walk until you have to go home and plan about how you can come back & resume your Camino. Buen Camino:)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
About 4 km/h in flat, dry terrain or paved road (including some short rests)
3 km/h in muddy paths or hilly lansdcapes. Just 2.5 km/h when both situations are present.
I am actually very aware and careful about these possible conditions when I plan my day. As I am a (preferably) late winter or early spring walker, I try to be in a safe place when the night falls. In summer, I would not be so worried with my times and distances.
I usually go for around 25 km journeys. With serious bad weather or facing hilly paths, I plan for 20-25 km maximum.

Last edited:
Lourdes to SdC in Sep&Oct 2016
57 y/o male with average fitness
Weather was hot and dry at the start and mostly fine with only a couple of days with light drizzle (no mud, snow or big downpours)

3.0 to 3.3km/hr average time (including stops)
4.0 to 4.3km/hr moving time (excluding stops)
24 to 25km a day (max day 36.5km)

I have all the detail from my Gaia GPS app. Hope it helps. Buen Camino!

I'm a snail. I averaged 18 km a day on the CF. Most did it far faster but there was a surprising number who walked around the same pace and we all got safely to Santiago within a few days of each other.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am a 3km/hr girl, preferring a range of 20-23 km a day. I have short legs and take many more steps than others to cover distance. Going uphill I am. 0.5km/hr girl! :eek:
Spot on, girl! I'm a really old bloke and manage the same distances/speeds. I don't really like walking more than 20 kms a day. I take my time, talk to the animals, and smell the wild flowers!

We average about 4kms an hour at home with our packs, more like 3kms per hour on the Camino. The terrain on the Inglés might slow you down at times. We found that distance per day was more important and tried to walk a maximum of 15-16kms a day, splitting the Betanzos - Bruma stage over 2 days. That way we had time to stop and chat to locals, take photos, see the churches, views etc along the route. Also time to relax at the end of each day's walk, do the washing, talk to fellow pilgrims and to quietly meditate on our pilgrimage.

What relief it is to me to hear everyone quote exactly my own Camino experience. I thought I was as slow as a snail at 3 k/h and setting my standards for 18 to 20 k/day was being a laggard. I always thought that was my little secret and now it appears I share it with lots of veteran Caminantes.

I love brisk walking, yet I take my time.
I need a pit stop every hour for coffee break, fluids in and out and shooting the breeze, all in all , always remember to take it easy, it is not a race.
I have had my lesson, when walking a brisk 30 K once I was late on a straight Calzada from Carrion de los Condes, no breaks to keep an imaginary schedule. My knee acted up and I´ll never do that again......
( I´m average 25 K/day older kind of guy...)

Last edited:
My two cents. preperation for Camino.
1. I live near the ocean so not much elevation to train. Basically I walk ( in all weather conditions) with full backpack up 10 miles ( apx 16- 17 k) . I just take my time, and walk. This allows me to become comfortable with the backpack, layering system, rain conditions, snow , and most important foot gear ( shoes and socks) . I use sticks also very useful , good videos on utube on proper use of sticks, lacing boots, loading backpack. I already had both hips fixed, sticks transfer the weight into the earth avoiding the impact and also useful for balance. Have to pamper this pair, doctors orders.
2. At the gym I train on a tread mill, with my backpack. I start off slow and work up to 4 miles per hour ( apx 6.5 k/ per hour ). I vary the elevation to 5 no more. I don't spect to actually walk this fast on the Camino. What I found is my legs become use to the repetition and they almost move on their own! The memory is in the muscles and you just move. I experienced this when I use to cycle, which gave me the idea to try the tread mill. This treadmill provides some mental preparation too.
So all in all with full gear I find I average 2.5 to 3 miles an hour. So 4 k an hour.
Most important , proper foot gear, start slow you don't want to have an injury out of the gate, allow time for your body and mind to become use to this New Life Style of a Perigrino!
My thought -- remember the Turtle Won !
Buen Camino !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I think that a 25 km day on the Camino is more then enough and the speed does somewhat depend on a) the quality of the cafés on the way and their snacks/tapas and b) the church's and sites to be viewed. I try and get that all done before 13:00 so I don't have to walk in the heat.

Just to give you an upper bound - I recently walked the Norte in three stages taking 20 days in total - average walking pace of 4.8 km/hr - a decade earlier I'd walked the Camino Frances in 20 days with an average walking pace of 5.5 km/hr - but then I do like walking!

MOST people I know usually walk about 6 hours, with breaks.
I usually start around 7-8 am and finish by 2-3 pm.
That is walking at a comfortable pace, not hurrying, not lagging.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I can't shake my urge to reply 'that depends how fast you walk'. (and how many breaks you take, and when you decide you've had enough for the day, and how hot it is, or how rainy it is, or how hilly it is, etc., etc.)

I started the Camino Frances the same day with a pair of people. We were the tortoise and the hare. For about the first twenty days, I'd see them every evening as we would hit the same town for the night, but it took them 4 hours longer to get there than did I. Then when I decided to put in longer days (and therefore cover much more ground) I ended up getting to Santiago maybe 10 days earlier than they did.

So the answer to how many km per hour really depends on you.

I will tell you that the first day I did over 30k in a day (maybe ten days in or so) it darned near killed me, but I did over 30 k every day for the last two weeks and it became quite natural for me.

I can't shake my urge to reply 'that depends how fast you walk'. (and how many breaks you take, and when you decide you've had enough for the day, and how hot it is, or how rainy it is, or how hilly it is, etc., etc.)

I started the Camino Frances the same day with a pair of people. We were the tortoise and the hare. For about the first twenty days, I'd see them every evening as we would hit the same town for the night, but it took them 4 hours longer to get there than did I. Then when I decided to put in longer days (and therefore cover much more ground) I ended up getting to Santiago maybe 10 days earlier than they did.

So the answer to how many km per hour really depends on you.

I will tell you that the first day I did over 30k in a day (maybe ten days in or so) it darned near killed me, but I did over 30 k every day for the last two weeks and it became quite natural for me.

Yep.
How fast you walk goes in the pot with "shoes or boots," "sticks or no sticks," "poncho or raincoat," "albergue or private lodging," "back transport or carry your pack," and many other topics that are simply personal choice.

Do the Camino in whatever fashion works best for you!

Just to give you an upper bound - I recently walked the Norte in three stages taking 20 days in total - average walking pace of 4.8 km/hr - a decade earlier I'd walked the Camino Frances in 20 days with an average walking pace of 5.5 km/hr - but then I do like walking!

Is there a button to OMG this????? Not sure I could say I 'Like' this . . .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just to give you an upper bound - I recently walked the Norte in three stages taking 20 days in total - average walking pace of 4.8 km/hr

20 days for the Norte - is that all the way to Santiago?

:) Took me 10 days just for the Camino Inglés. Slow but steady, like the tortoise. Probably 4 to 5 hours walking per day @ 3kms per hour.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Everybody different but here goes. My walking pace 5km per hour. 12 minutes per km. 20km in 4 hours 30km in 6hours. Add 10 to 30 mins for tea break. In mountains average goes down 4 km an hour.

Us and our short legs! Feet don't fail me!
I hate to contradict but I will ;) Being short doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a slow walker!
On the VdlP, I walked (or rather met up in the evenings!!) with a Belgium pilgrim, she was shorter than me (5 feet?), mid 50s to early 60s and... she walked at the speed of light*, with 2 very long-legged fellows. :cool:
* ok, slight exaggeration, let's say around 6km/hr

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wow SPURSFAN !!! That is impressive!

Last edited:
a Belgium pilgrim, she was shorter than me (5 feet?) and... she walked at the speed of light*, with 2 very long-legged fellows. :cool: * ok, slight exaggeration, let's say around 6km/hr

That is a lot of steps for someone with short legs, however if she is like me . . . short with long legs it is much much easier.

Except I move very very slowly, so not much like me but . . . short with long legs :p

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I hate to contradict but I will ;) Being short doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a slow walker!
On the VdlP, I walked (or rather met up in the evenings!!) with a Belgium pilgrim, she was shorter than me (5 feet?), mid 50s to early 60s and... she walked at the speed of light*, with 2 very long-legged fellows. :cool:
* ok, slight exaggeration, let's say around 6km/hr
Oh by no means are short walkers necessarily slow walkers...we just have to take more steps due to the length of our stride compared to taller individuals. I'll be like Thomas the Tank...I think I can, I think I can! Slow to start, faster finish. lol

Generally about 4 an hour I think maybe slightly less or more depending on your pace. Try having a practice walk to test at home slower if mountainous etc.

I use different paces without numbers attached. I will walk a slow pace when distances are short and arrival time is no issue. If walking a longer section my pace will be moderate.
I walk a quick pace only to beat the sunset or get to food and lodging if I think the traffic warrants it.
For me its not about the quickness but rather the slowest I can walk so I might better enjoy where I am in the moment.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome to the Camino Forum Ida!
I agree with lots of the other comments in answer to your question.
My friends and I are not built for speed and it certainly doesn't matter on any Camino.
It's the journey that's the important thing, not how fast or how far you walk.
I can understand your question from a planning point of view though.

A group of us are going to walk the Camino Ingles this June.
I wonder if our itinerary would be of use to you, our daily distances might be too short, but here it is

Day 1. Ireland - Ferrol - Gran Hotel de Ferrol.
Day 2. Ferrol - Neda - Pazo da Merced. 17Kms.
Day 3. Neda - Pontedeume- Hotel Eumesa. 13Kms.
Day 4. Pontedeume - Minho - Hotel Crisol de las Rias. 10Kms.
Day 5. Minho - Betanzos - Hotel Palacete. 15Kms.
Day 6. Betanzos - Abergondo - Hotel Casa das Veigas. 15Kms.
Day 7. Abergondo - Meson do Vento. Meson do Novo. 16kms.
Day 8. Meson do Vento - Ordes - Casa Rural Anton Veiras. 14Kms.
Day 9. Ordes - Sigueiro - Hotel San Vincent. 20Kms.
Day 10. Sigueiro - Santiago de C - Hotel Compostela. 18Kms.
Day 11. Free day in Santiago.
Day 12. Fly home.

(Distances approximate - they seem to vary quite a bit depending where you look).

In the past two Caminos we've done together, we set off walking at about 09.30 ish and have usually arrived at our destination for the day by mid to late afternnon.

With the CI being more hilly in parts and our varied mobility, our plan is to set off a little earlier in the morning and walk more slowly whenever we encounter the hilly stretches.

Good luck with your plan and buen Camino!
Sheena

Last edited:
Day 6. Betanzos - Abergondo - Hotel Casa das Veigas. 15Kms.
Day 7. Abergondo - Meson do Vento. Meson do Novo. 16kms.
Sheena

Hi Sheena,
I presume that you have worked out your route for your Day 6./Day 7. as Abegondo is well off the usual route of the Camino. It may be that you can phone for a taxi from Presedo and arrange to be taken back to the same place next day. Otherwise you need a good map and work out your own route. - We have "slow - walked" the Ingles twice and looked at Abegondo as an option but went for the more usual way of staying two nights at Meson do Vento (Meson Novo) and getting Antonio to pick us up from Bar Julia.
Blessings on your planning
Tio Tel

I have done the Ingles twice and my average walking speed was 2.5 miles/hour which would be 4 km/hour.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Sheena,
I presume that you have worked out your route for your Day 6./Day 7. as Abegondo is well off the usual route of the Camino. It may be that you can phone for a taxi from Presedo and arrange to be taken back to the same place next day. Otherwise you need a good map and work out your own route. - We have "slow - walked" the Ingles twice and looked at Abegondo as an option but went for the more usual way of staying two nights at Meson do Vento (Meson Novo) and getting Antonio to pick us up from Bar Julia.Blessings on your planning
Tio Tel

Hi Terry.
Yes, we realise it's off the beaten track, thanks for reminding me though!We do have a route planned but I must print it off! We will find taxi numbers as well! As CDV is closer to the A Coruna arm of the CI, we might continue the next day by walking that to Meson do Vento? Will we miss out on one of the hillier stretches? Do you have any thought on that! As usual it will be a democratic decision! Probably at breakfast! We're really looking forward to staying with Antonio the day after! He sounds like a lovely man!
Thanks for you good wishes.
Sheena

Last edited:
When moving we were 4.5 to 5.5 km/h depending on terrain. When stopped for coffee close to 0. So remember breaks when wondering how long u will be out there

Hi Terry.
Yes, we realise it's off the beaten track, thanks for reminding me though!We do have a route planned but I must print it off! We will find taxi numbers as well! As CDV is closer to the A Coruna arm of the CI, we might continue the next day by walking that to Meson do Vento? Will we miss out on one of the hillier stretches? Do you have any thought on that! As usual it will be a democratic decision! Probably at breakfast! We're really looking forward to staying with Antonio the day after! He sounds like a lovely man!
Sheena

Back in 2011 we did a lot of research into places to stay over short distances - not wanting to walk more than 12 - 15k each day. We looked at the Abegondo Carral option but in the end went the way-marked route. Meson Do Vento is up on a hilltop, visible for miles around! Going via Carral you will have to go uphill somewhere!!
The thread on our preparation and Pilgrimage is here :-
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/our-camino-2011.10695/#post-67520

Blessings
Tio Tel

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Terry.
Sheena
Do you have the CSJ guide to the Ingles? written by @JohnnieWalker . You can download it through the forum. On page 60 of the 2016 version he mentions the Meson Museo cafe-bar just past Presedo. This would be a good place to arrange for taxi pick-up. Should the rear entrance be closed then turn right at the end of the track and onto the road which passes its front door. (Might need a second right turn if the first is alongside its garden wall).
The advantage of this bar at Presedo is that it is on the marked Camino and splits the stage between Betanzos and Bruma in half.

Back in 2011 we did a lot of research into places to stay over short distances - not wanting to walk more than 12 - 15k each day. We looked at the Abegondo Carral option but in the end went the way-marked route. Meson Do Vento is up on a hilltop, visible for miles around! Going via Carral you will have to go uphill somewhere!!
The thread on our preparation and Pilgrimage is here :-
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/our-camino-2011.10695/#post-67520
Blessings
Tio Tel

Thanks so much for sharing your CI 2011! I'm getting more and more eager by the day - apart from those hills!
I'm going to go through your account with a fine tooth comb this week to see if we've missed taking something into account.
Kind wishes.
Sheena

Do you have the CSJ guide to the Ingles? written by @JohnnieWalker . You can download it through the forum. On page 60 of the 2016 version he mentions the Meson Museo cafe-bar just past Presedo. This would be a good place to arrange for taxi pick-up. Should the rear entrance be closed then turn right at the end of the track and onto the road which passes its front door. (Might need a second right turn if the first is alongside its garden wall).
The advantage of this bar at Presedo is that it is on the marked Camino and splits the stage between Betanzos and Bruma in half.

Thanks Tia.
Yes we do have Johnny Walkers guide.
I'm slowly going through it with google maps and the mitchelin maps to plan our routes. The Mitchelin actually has the CI marked if you use the web version - so lots of printing ahead of me, but it'll be worth it for piece of mind.
I'd heard of the Meson Museo cafe-bar - might be very useful if our old legs get too tired! If we walk back to the Ferrol arm of the CI from Abegondo, I think this would make a good stop going south too.
Many thanks once again.
Sheena

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Oh by no means are short walkers necessarily slow walkers...we just have to take more steps due to the length of our stride compared to taller individuals. I'll be like Thomas the Tank...I think I can, I think I can! Slow to start, faster finish. lol
But taking those extra steps to make up for stride length means longer days. I think we should start using a new metric: number of steps per day. That shows effort, whole taking into account length of legs.

Where one ends up after 23 000 steps a day is a good rythm. Everything above that is a race, and everything under is lazyness. :cool:

Thanks Tia.
Yes we do have Johnny Walkers guide.
I'm slowly going through it with google maps and the mitchelin maps to plan our routes. The Mitchelin actually has the CI marked if you use the web version - so lots of printing ahead of me, but it'll be worth it for piece of mind.
I'd heard of the Meson Museo cafe-bar - might be very useful if our old legs get too tired! If we walk back to the Ferrol arm of the CI from Abegondo, I think this would make a good stop going south too.
Many thanks once again.
Sheena
Unless the route has changed significantly I think you will find that it goes to the other side of the main road to Abegondo, past San Esteban de Cos. My thinking was that you could go to Meson Museo and taxi back to Abegondo, returning next morning. Otherwise you will be adding many extra kms to your walk. It will be interesting to know how the Michelin map and guide work out together.

At home, going out for a walk I average about 4 miles an hour. For an hour. 6.5 over a two hour period. Depends on how hot it is. But on Camino it depends on how difficult the day before was - are my legs sore from that? Is it an uphill battle today?
WHatever my average is - I am not going to keep that up all day, per hour, every hour.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Unless the route has changed significantly I think you will find that it goes to the other side of the main road to Abegondo, past San Esteban de Cos. My thinking was that you could go to Meson Museo and taxi back to Abegondo, returning next morning. Otherwise you will be adding many extra kms to your walk. It will be interesting to know how the Michelin map and guide work out together.

Thanks for your suggestions and info Tia.
However, because there are eleven of us amigos, we have pre-booked our accommodation and our itinerary is fixed. We have had a couple of Caminos which involved being bussed to and fro, so we wanted this year to be just under our own steam!
Might involve taxis here and there for our less agile walkers, especially as some of the accommodation is off the CI.
I shall make a note to compare Johnnies Guide with the Mitchelin Maps and hopefully report back when we return home.
Kind regards.
Sheena

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back