• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Knee injury medical in Leon?

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2019
September 2022
I've injured my knee while favoring a badly blistered foot. My foot is healed but knee has become worse. I'm using transport, not happily but necessary. Will be in Leon soon looking for recommended clinic, Dr. etc to consult there. English a big plus. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello fellow pilgrim,

in July I had to look forward for an english / german speaking clinic and found this (but don't need it, luckily):
Clinica San Francisco, C/ Marques de San Isidro, 11, Leon

As far as I remember, they offer their service in 6 foreign languages and spanish.

Hope that helps. Hope your knee get well.

If your knee is injured I think you should take a bus from wherever you are and go to Leon and seek medical treatment. Get your injury diagnosed and rest in Leon. If you have time go back to where you took the bus and continue you're camino. The more you walk the greater the potential for greater damage.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I went to the Clinica San Francisco, and on that day they had no English speaking personnel. They did provide a taxi to the Hospital Regla, near the Cathedral. They did have English speaking staff on hand that day. It was great. May you get as good care as I did!

I have no medical training whatsoever, so take what I have to say with that in mind. 😊

I had a knee issue which arose during the descent into Zubiri this year, and came on very quickly. As I was sitting with my leg up and ice on my knee at my albergue in Larrasoaña another pilgrim asked me which part of my knee was hurting. I told her that it was the outside of my knee. She suggested that it could be IT band syndrome, which responds very well to stretching, massage and specific exercises. I Googled the condition and found stretches, exercises and self massage techniques which completely resolved the problem within a day or so.

I'm not saying that this is what is causing your knee pain, but it's something to consider.

I've injured my knee while favoring a badly blistered foot. My foot is healed but knee has become worse. I'm using transport, not happily but necessary. Will be in Leon soon looking for recommended clinic, Dr. etc to consult there. English a big plus. Any recommendations are appreciated.
I saw a very good physio therapist in Leon, which helped me make a decision about next steps. If you call the Pension Blanca, ask the owner (a women), for the name of her physio, she can help you. I sent all my receipts into my insurance (which covered it all) +34 987251991 It is very close to the Cathedral and her pension. I got excellent care for my injured knee.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello fellow pilgrim,

in July I had to look forward for an english / german speaking clinic and found this (but don't need it, luckily):
Clinica San Francisco, C/ Marques de San Isidro, 11, Leon

As far as I remember, they offer their service in 6 foreign languages and spanish.

Hope that helps. Hope your knee get well.
I went to a physio in Leon who didn't speak English and I didn't speak Spanish. I wrote out the full explanation of what I had done on google translate. He then, used my phone to write out what he was finding. It worked well.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about a 6 weeks away from beginning the French Camino. Depending on how I feel when I get to St. Jean, I will either take a train back to Portugal, or continue on to Santiago. In the...
Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.