• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Krakow to Le Puy

mick53

Time of past OR future Camino
Geira y Arrieiros, Torres 2023
This year or ealy 2020 i was looking at walking from Krakow to Le Puy with my wife
I need some advice on the route below that I have neen looking at:

Krakow in Poland to Gorlitz.on the German border.
....Via Regia. Has anyone walked this section?

GORLITZ TO Vacha in Gemany.
....Via Regia. I have seen lots of info on this with much of it in English

Vacha to Geneva
..... There seems to be a large network of camino and other walking routes across Germany. Is there a good route between these places???? Looking for a camino style path that has daily accommodation

Geneva in Switzerland to Le Puy in France
.... Via Gebennensis or Geneva Way. Seems to be a good pilgrim link route

My key problem is finding a path or series of interconnected paths between Vacha where the Via Regia seems to end and Geneva....

Advice and sites/blogs to look ar greatly appreciated!!

Regards mich53

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Vacha to Geneva
..... There seems to be a large network of camino and other walking routes across Germany. Is there a good route between these places???? Looking for a camino style path that has daily accommodation
Your best bet would be Fulda-Wurzburg-Rothenburg- Ulm-Konstanz http://www.deutsche-jakobswege.de/wege-uebersicht.html . All the routes in Germany are well marked, well constructed, and have daily lodging available in various price ranges.
This connects immediately to the Via Jacobi (Route 4) across Switzerland to Geneva. https://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/hiking-in-switzerland/route-04.html

Mick, Wow!! Sounds like an amazing journey. I believe there is a path from Vacha to Fulda or you could even use open street map to plan your own. There are so many natural farm roads and trails that I’m sure you could find a way. Once in Fulda follow the Bonafatius Weg to Mainz. Or from Fulda you can go south to Würzburg, Ulm and west from there into Switzerland on an official pilgrim way. Quite a few options actually. Happy planning.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This year or ealy 2020 i was looking at walking from Krakow to Le Puy with my wife
I need some advice on the route below that I have neen looking at:

Krakow in Poland to Gorlitz.on the German border.
....Via Regia. Has anyone walked this section?

GORLITZ TO Vacha in Gemany.
....Via Regia. I have seen lots of info on this with much of it in English

Vacha to Geneva

Geneva in Switzerland to Le Puy in France
.... Via Gebennensis or Geneva Way. Seems to be a good pilgrim link route

My key problem is finding a path or series of interconnected paths between Vacha where the Via Regia seems to end and Geneva....

Advice and sites/blogs to look ar greatly appreciated!!

Regards mich53
How fabulous. I have walked Via Regia and the Swiss and Geneva routes. All on my blog www.gittiharre.blogspot.com

Your best bet would be Fulda-Wurzburg-Rothenburg- Ulm-Konstanz http://www.deutsche-jakobswege.de/wege-uebersicht.html . All the routes in Germany are well marked, well constructed, and have daily lodging available in various price ranges.
This connects immediately to the Via Jacobi (Route 4) across Switzerland to Geneva. https://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/hiking-in-switzerland/route-04.html
I have walked only from Ulm to Constance (and then on to Switzerland). I agree, the routes are well marked and safe, but not as well marked as in Switzerland. I would not walk in Germany without a map or an app and without doing a little homework first. (Eg outdooractive.com) Also always keep enough food with you. Between Ulm and Constance we never encountered any other pilgrim! However, there was some evidence of others in the guestbooks in churches.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Your main problem might be that when you get to Krakow you don’t want to leave!

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.