• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kt tape in Léon

pplvee

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking May 2016
Hõlas!

I'm looking for KT tape in Léon, but a Farmacia worker told me it can't be found in pharmacies. I was under the assumption that the tape could be found there! I was told it's only sold at orthopedic specialty shops. Has anyone found KT tape in a pharmacy before? Better yet, have you found it in Léon before? I've got a killer Achilles tendonitis that I've been tending to, and I think KT tape would really help it.

Cheers!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was a big consumer of KT tape last year, and found it along the way. They call it something else. You might pull it up on your phone and show them what it looks like. I found in small towns and little cities last year. Be preapared, it was like $25-30euro a roll.

pplvee: are your calves really tight? mine were and for the first time ever and i had pain the right achilles. i would suggest a good massage, rolfing, and or trigger point therapy on the mid-leg. if it's tight there, it runs down and stresses the achilles.
good luck in your journey. take shorter steps, too.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
pplvee: are your calves really tight? mine were and for the first time ever and i had pain the right achilles. i would suggest a good massage, rolfing, and or trigger point therapy on the mid-leg. if it's tight there, it runs down and stresses the achilles.
good luck in your journey. take shorter steps, too.

My discomfort definitely began as sore calves, specifically my right calf (tip: don't do 50+km days) I think I compensated for it on my left leg, and now my left Achilles is very sore. I did find some kinesio tape (€21) and it seems to help, but I'm still taking three nights in Léon to nurse it. I will definitely look into massaging my calves because they're both a little sore to the touch. I worry about spending too much though, as I am on a pretty strict budget (the kinesio tape was almost two days worth of cash for me!) I'll have to see how much a massage goes for around here.

Thanks for your input!

pplvee,

Sorry to learn of your discomfert.
Ask wherever you might be staying in Leon for the name of a reputable masseuse. Often albergues have a handy list of such available.

Hope you feel better soon!

Not sure KT tape is what you need. That's the stretch stuff isn't it?

I walked 800 km last year with Achilles Tendinitis so have some sympathy. I visited a few physios along the way. They all used non elastico tape except one. The stretchy tape was OK on calves but not Achilles.

But.....

you are in luck...

get over to a great physio in Leon called sanasport. The best I have been to. You need a physio....not just a massage.

get them to show you how to tape, what tape to use, stretches etc.

these guys are very professional. Pictures of their sports star atheletes all over the walls.

I think it cost me 30e for a 90 min session with taping. It kept me going......

if you are not sure how to tape your specific condition professionally you need to be shown how. .... and also for accurate diagnosis of course.

http://robscamino.com/22nd-of-may-another-day-off-recuperating-in-leon/

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hõlas!

I'm looking for KT tape in Léon, but a Farmacia worker told me it can't be found in pharmacies. I was under the assumption that the tape could be found there! I was told it's only sold at orthopedic specialty shops. Has anyone found KT tape in a pharmacy before? Better yet, have you found it in Léon before? I've got a killer Achilles tendonitis that I've been tending to, and I think KT tape would really help it.

Cheers!
Hi
My husband and I just returned from the Camino France and he was suffering from horrible shin splints
We found two farmacias in Leon that sold the KT tape.
I'm sorry I don't remember which one but we bought several rolls and it worked marvelously. After two days he no longer had any problems.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...
I’ve been trying to decide on a fitness regime in preparation for the Camino, but upon reviewing this board, YouTube, etc, there’s an overwhelming array of suggestions and programs, but I’m less...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.