• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kumano Kodo - Dual Peregrino

Texasguy

And so...we keep on walking ..
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Lebaniego y Vadiniese - October 2022
Good morning Peregrinos,

Quick question. Has anyone done this walk to get the Dual Peregrino pin?

I am arriving to Tokyo on Tuesday, and will start the Pilgrinage in Kyoto on Wednesday, May 25.

Just looking for some feedback. My Japanese is non existent....and worry how easy will the communication be.

Thanks and Buen Camino.

Texasguy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Nope, Texas Guy, but it's on my list for this year or next.
There are some threads here to check--just do a site search...sorry not to be of more help.
It looks fantastic--Buen Camino and let us know how it goes!

Buen Camino on the Kumano Kodo !!
I'll love to do it one day on the future!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, maybe too late but I have done it.

I planned everyting using the kumano kodo website and by going to the tourist office in Tanabe-kii.

It really is an excellent website, very Japanese in its detail.
http://www.tb-kumano.jp/en/kumano-kodo/

The communication was very easy, the Japanese are a really helpfull folk and especially on the kumano kodo I could feel a camino-like vibe among the people.

Jelle,
Thanks for the message.

I walked 70 miles of the Kumano Kodo, finishing with the 3 major temples. It was an incredible experience, very humid, rainy, and challenging. I stayed in Japan for 2 weeks.

One of the most incredible adventures. I truly loved it.

I am planing to go again next year to do a couple of more little villages. Te people were incredible. My Japanese was non existent, but i managed to have a great time.
Buen Camino,

Texas guy

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back