• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Modest Private-Room Accommodations in Sahagun - Seeking Recommendations

Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
I stayed at this very satisfactory Sahagun hostal several times in the past, but am informed that it closed about a year ago. (COVID casualty?) .... Any hint that it might reopen, under new management? .... If not, I would appreciate suggestions on modest private-room Sahagun accommodations, for next September.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I stayed at Albergue de la Santa Cruz now run by the Marist brothers. I had a private room with ensuite bathroom for €20. (Dorms available too.)This was one of the best places I stayed along the Camino Francés and I highly recommend you check it out. They truly care about pilgrims, offering tea and an opportunity to reflect on your pilgrimage so far. There is also the chance to attend a mass and/or pilgrim blessing in a truly wonderful little church belonging to the Benedictine Convent of Santa Cruz (the nuns used to run the albergue). Communal dinner option too.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I too stayed at el Albergue de la Santa Cruz. Six of us shared a bunk room for 6 in August, 2018. We got bocadillos from the nearby center of town and ate dinner in the courtyard of the albergue. The room had its own bathroom that the six of us shared. In the morning there was a decent donativo breakfast. It’s at the very end of town so after breakfast you see the Arco de San Benito almost immediately and then you’re back out of town on the Camino. It may have been situational, and things may have changed, but I loved it there! It was then end of the only 40km day I’ve done so far - we started the day in Carrion de Los Condes.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very familiar with the Albergue de la Santa Cruz, although I've never stayed there. Didn't know you could get a private room! ... Morning Prayer, Mass, and Blessing with the Sisters was memorable! What a chapel! (I left a very generous gift to help them with some then-pressing plumbing problems.)

Very familiar with the Albergue de la Santa Cruz, although I've never stayed there. Didn't know you could get a private room! ... Morning Prayer, Mass, and Blessing with the Sisters was memorable! What a chapel! (I left a very generous gift to help them with some then-pressing plumbing problems.)
I stayed at Albergue de la Santa Cruz this past May 2022. The priests were so kind to me as I tried to sort out getting my husband to the hospital. We had a private room with bath - it was lovely and comfortable.

I stayed at this very satisfactory Sahagun hostal several times in the past, but am informed that it closed about a year ago. (COVID casualty?) .... Any hint that it might reopen, under new management? .... If not, I would appreciate suggestions on modest private-room Sahagun accommodations, for next September.
I knew the owner. She was struggling to make it work during covid but was too drenched in accumulating debt like so many. Eventually, she vacated. I’m not sure of the current status but passing thru sahagun a few months ago, they told me it was empty now and that she had left. I am wondering too if the specifics but I’ve heard nothing from her in my texts.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back