• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Coruna: Accommodation near the airport

Vince1958

Experienced Hiker
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Via de la Plata, Portugues, Salvador, Madrid, Ingles and Fisterra
Hi
My son and I will be walking the Camino Ingles from Ferrol to SDC. However our flight comes into La Coruna at 23:30 in the evening. So we will need to get accommodation close to the airport prior to getting the train to Ferrol to commence our Camino the following day. Does anyone have any [cheap!] recommendations for accommodation in the area bearing in mind the lateness of the hour?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Vince,
La Poetisa in Culleredo is one of the closest accommodations to the airport LCG: https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/la...h=1527443072;atlas_src=sr_iw_btn#availability

I put in the date as September 3 but do adjust that if you want to book.

Your other option would be to get a hotel that night within walking distance to the train station, but it will be more expensive than Poetisa. Hotel Avenida is located right by the train station: https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/av...h=1527443111;atlas_src=sr_iw_btn#availability.

With Hotel Avenida, they list midnight as the deadline for checking in, but perhaps you could put in a special request.

Hope that helps and Buen Camino!
Faith

Hi Vince,
La Poetisa in Culleredo is one of the closest accommodations to the airport LCG: https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/la...h=1527443072;atlas_src=sr_iw_btn#availability

I put in the date as September 3 but do adjust that if you want to book.

Your other option would be to get a hotel that night within walking distance to the train station, but it will be more expensive than Poetisa. Hotel Avenida is located right by the train station: https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/av...h=1527443111;atlas_src=sr_iw_btn#availability.

With Hotel Avenida, they list midnight as the deadline for checking in, but perhaps you could put in a special request.

Hope that helps and Buen Camino!
Faith

Hi Faith - you're amazing! Thanks ever so much for the information.

Vince

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The other hotel nearby which I always stay at is Hotel Crunia although it's more expensive (and better) see https://www.google.es/maps/place/Hotel+Crunia+A+Coruña+LCG/@43.32586,-8.3812077,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xcc96b0d13aebb391?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwit-4u4zqjbAhXIYZoKHd8DD34Q_BIIuAEwCg but the one you booked is fine.

That's right! Thanks for pointing this one out as well. I've never stayed at either Poetisa or Crunia (we lived in El Temple), so it's good to know how they compare.

Vince, La Coruna is a wonderful city to explore, and, for me, it is a shame to stay out by the airport, which is a long way from the city.

I do not think that La Poetisa is walkable from the airport (and, even if it was, I do you really want to walk it post midnight), so you need a taxi to the hotel anyway (as the airport buses are finished by the time the Vueling plane lands). You then needanother taxi either back to the airport next day (to then catch the airport bus into the city), or a taxi into the city next day.

There are plenty of cheap hotels in La Coruna, and unless you are going to walk to Neda / Xaron next day from Ferrol, you have a down day before you start the Ingles. You should also be aware that there isn't a train from La Coruna to Ferrol between 08.57 and 14.31.

Think about instead taking a taxi from the airport and staying either near the station, as Faith suggests, or, because the station isn't near the centre either, a hotel nearer the centre, spend the morning exploring La Coruna, and then either catching the 14.31 or 17.20 train to Ferrol. The bus network in La Coruna is cheap and frequent to get around.

If you are flying into La Coruna, at least give yourself every chance to explore it. La Coruna, as a city, for me, was far more interesting than Santiago. You will not regret - the Tower of Hercules, Moore's tomb and the Riazor were all big highlights for me to see before I went off to Ferrol.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back