• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La coruna to santiago

dots

Hi

There will be 3 of us doing this walk in Oct 2007.We hope to do it in 3 days .What I am looking for is any information on distances where to stay etc.This is our first time to do any of these walks so any info. would be grateful.I have searched the net but little or no info on the La coruna to santiago camino.We will be flying into santiago the getting bus or train to La coruna .Next day start walking has anybody else done this walk and recorded it and mighy be willing to share the info.

Thank you
Dots :D

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Dots,

I didn't walk the Coruna branch, but the Camino Ingles from Ferrol to Santiago (see my previous posts), which joins with the one from Coruna just before Hospital de Bruma. It's about 31km from Coruna to Bruma, so should be walkable in one day. I also remember that I saw yellow arrows just before we got into the La Coruna airport, so the way must pass there.
There is an albergue in Bruma, we actually stayed in the neighbouring village of Meson do Vento in a hotel. The next place with accommodation is in Sigueiro (hotel), and then Santiago.
After Bruma, the waymarking and signage is good, quite easy to follow.
Check out this guide, which has a section for the Coruna to Bruma stage http://www.xacobeo.es/2006/adjuntos/descargas/25_The_English_Way.pdf; also look at Bill's earlier post with descriptions for the reminder from Bruma to Santiago, which is really good!

Buen Camino,
Rolf

Thanks Rolf

The part from Burma is well documented and the site you gave me is excellent just what I was looking for .

Thanks again
Dots

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Dots, have you read the information on the Camino Ingles section of this forum? I recommend walking from La Coruna to Hospital de Bruma and going back by bus (from the main road not far away there is a bus each morning to El Ferrol and several to La Coruna with connections to El Ferrol). You could then walk the route from El Ferrol, or at least from Neda. The walk out of La Coruna is tedious at first so I recommend a bus out as far as El Campo supermarket. The Amigos in La Coruna are very helpful. The office is very near the church of Santiago. I believe there is now more pilgrim accommodation on the route. I expect you know that La Coruna is not far enough to qualify for a "Compostella" but Neda is far enough.
Good wishes, Maricristina

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back