• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Meseta - tell me friends did you love or loathe it?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
She walked the meseta in spring when it is vibrant green with acres of poppies and other spring flowers. I have walked it in spring and autumn.
In October everything is brown, copper, ochre, blond – no flowers, no wheat no grass. I loved it both times. You can walk for miles without having to look down at your feet!
In winter it is the arid, freezing wind-swept wasteland that one reads about.

It is wonderful-----on a bike.

Attachments

• meseta2.JPG
    meseta2.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,193
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked it on a full moonlit night with the modern day Templar Knights (Wind mills) guiding my way as they waived their swords as a warning to any who would stand in the way of the pilgrim...

I walked it with joy in my heart. Those distant horizons promising more and more. And I loved that, after those hill-top towns of Rioja and Navarra, the settlements were snuggled down in the valleys out of the wind.

Ah, and the wind. Steady, unwavering, wind. Something to lean on...

I crossed in winter. At one point there was a single bird singing in stubble, and no wind at all. The bird stopped singing, I stopped walking, and there was absolutely no sound. I think that's the only time in my life I've experienced complete silence in daytime. Just nothing. Weird, eh?

Loved the meseta!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I love the meseta. Anytime.

I feared the Meseta would be my nemesis but I loved it- isn't that the very best kind of surprise? It also provided some of the most sublime/mindless (in the best sense) walking I've ever experienced. I walked in early Spring time but reckon it would kill me (pale skinned redhead) to walk it in the Summer.

I loved it. The colours, the feeling of the wind in my face, the dance of the clouds across the landscape creating Chinese shadows . The red of the poppies against the blue of the sky and the green of the fields.

Can't wait to see the Meseta dressed in fall colours

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
me neither - it must be amazing in the fall. Of course that is now and we are in spring in NZ :)

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.