A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

La meseta?

Advertisment

William Marques

Staff member
Donating Member
I feel compelled to say nearly all of it. There are two seperate mesetas on the VDLP from Zafra to Banos (Extremadura) and from just after the Sierra at Banos to Astorga or wherever you chose to turn left to join the Ourense route.

The Extremadura sections to my memory were not completely flat but slightly rolling, some of the sections north of Salamanca were very flat.

Buen Camino
William

How's the scenery from Salamanca to Zamora? I loved the maseta on parts of the Camino Frances..... anyone know how it compares?

Thanks - John P.

William Marques

Staff member
Donating Member
Is that John P from the old caminosantiago forum?

The meseta between Salamanca and Zamora is pretty similar to the sections before and after rolling open farmland, more like the meseta before Carrion de los Condes on the CF than the part after. From memory it only got really flat after Benavente.

Buen Camino
William

Advertisment

Peter Robins

Veteran Member
Donating Member
The meseta central broadly corresponds to Castile, with the central mountains (Guadarrama, Gredos, etc) separating the north (Castilla y Leon) and south (La Mancha) halves. On the S part of the VdlP you are to the west of this; you leave the valleys of the tributaries of the Tagus (crossed north of Caceres), and climb up on to the meseta in Salamanca province, skirting round the west of the mountains.

Don't expect shade between Salamanca and Zamora; I remember looking around me in those parts and realising there was not a single tree or bush anywhere to be seen.

William Marques said:
Is that John P from the old caminosantiago forum?

The meseta between Salamanca and Zamora is pretty similar to the sections before and after rolling open farmland, more like the meseta before Carrion de los Condes on the CF than the part after. From memory it only got really flat after Benavente.

Buen Camino
William

Sorry William! - I missed the caminosantiago forum question - - - yep - that's me! - - -

By the way.... do you know why it's disabled?

John P.

William Marques

Staff member
Donating Member
Sorry William! - I missed the caminosantiago forum question - - - yep - that's me! - - -
By the way.... do you know why it's disabled?
John P.
No - It's been that way for so long now I wonder what's happened. It does not look like a technical fault after all this time.

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.4%
  • June