• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Pata de Oca

Bert45

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2003, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2018, 2019
Have you wondered why the name "La Pata de Oca" (The Goose's Foot) was given to an albergue in Torres del Río? I asked the proprietor what was its significance. He explained that it was a Christian symbol. The footprint of a goose (three lines pointing up and one pointing down) is supposed to resemble the sign of the Cross. So now you know!
Some illustrations here: https://www.juegodelaoca.com/Esoterico/pataoca.htm

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Have you wondered why the name "La Pata de Oca" (The Goose's Foot) was given to an albergue in Torres del Río? I asked the proprietor what was its significance. He explained that it was a Christian symbol. The footprint of a goose (three lines pointing up and one pointing down) is supposed to resemble the sign of the Cross. So now you know!
Great place, by the way....

I think there also used to me some kind of monument at Puenta la Reina near the bridge which explained this? Maybe I dreamed it, but I remember reading about it somewhere along in there...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I think there also used to me some kind of monument at Puenta la Reina near the bridge which explained this? Maybe I dreamed it, but I remember reading about it somewhere along in there...
There is an unusual (unique according to somebody on TripAdvisor) crucifix in the church of the Crucifijo in Puente la Reina in which Christ is nailed to a Y-shaped cross. Perhaps this is what you're thinking of.

Yes, but this was the albergue where my Camino backpack and all its contents was stolen from the designated transporting space. They took my retractable walking cane and my shower shoes off my backpack and put it in my sons backpack. The proprietor never took responsibility or blame even though the theft happened inside the premises of the albergue.

There is a pond and 13 geese in the cloister of the other Cathedral in Barcelona - ‘representing, according to tradition, the age of Saint Eulalia when she was martyred.’
I wondered - why geese? Maybe this is the reason.

Attachments

• EC1F3474-5D89-46F6-94C6-C188403EF900.jpeg
    EC1F3474-5D89-46F6-94C6-C188403EF900.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.