• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

la plata in may/june some questions

AZgirl

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2012 , via de la Plata 2014
Madrid/frances Sept/Oct 2017
Next : mozarabe 2021
Hi all,
I will be walking from sevilla this may and havea few questions :

Is anyone else planning for around then?

Can I just use a sleep sheet instead of a bag? I did the Frances route about the same this past may and thought it would have been ok.

Does it rain much?

Any suggestions or wise tips would greatly be appreciated!
Thx!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Speaking for myself. I definitely needed my sleeping bag this year in April/May walking from Seville.
It was exceptionally chilly and wet at times. My strong Scottish blood has been weakened by 30 yrs of Australian heat and I do feel the cold but others felt the same this year.
Who knows what 2013 will bring but I would 'pack the bag' !
Have a wonderful Camino
Heather

Hi
I walked this way September 2010,it was very hot and rained just 2 days-the problem is carrying enough water as fountains few and far between,I just took sheet sleeping bag and all was fine,mind you I am from England and anything over freezing I find uncomfortable-I did a 14minute slide show up to Astorga and along the cf http://sagalouts-theroadtonowhere.blogs ... -form-hope it gives you some idea.
Ian

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I will get lucky like Ian and it will be hot not exceptionally cold and rainy.

That video was quite awesome even more excited than I was even though its so far away!

Thanks

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back