• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Pobla Llarga - New albergue

JLWV

Jean-Luc
Time of past OR future Camino
Levante (2014-2016); Levante to Toledo (2017-2018), to be continued; Fisterra & Muxia (2018);
This morning we (AACS-CV) inaugurated a new albergue on the Levante.
It is in La Pobla Llarga, 16 km after Algemesi and 15 km before Xativa/Jativa.
Albergue municipal; as in most cities on the Levante the contact is the Policía Local, tel. 962 970 019 and 605 289 916, alternatively the Ayuntamiento, tel. 962 590 005.
6 beds, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 1 sitting room, all at street level, with a large closed courtyard in front.
Located quasi on the way
Buen Camino

Attachments

• DSC_0205 maquillada.jpg
    DSC_0205 maquillada.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0213.JPG
    DSC_0213.JPG
    812 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0214.JPG
    DSC_0214.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0215.JPG
    DSC_0215.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0216.JPG
    DSC_0216.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0217 maquillada.jpg
    DSC_0217 maquillada.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow great news! Jean Luis, was the albergue built because of increasing numbers, or in the hope that building the albergue will increase the numbers? Do you have any information on how many people walk on the Levante from Valencia these days?

And... sorry to bombard you with questions, but I just saw a link to a Lana video, from someone who started in Valencia.

Is this the "Requena spur" to the Lana, or is it another camino route altogether?
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-la-lana-from-valencia-by-end-of-march.60570/

I admit that I am now a little confused about how many options there are from Valencia.

Starting in Valencia and connect with La Lana is Requena according to my info. But you can also walk Valencia - Alicante on Ruta la Defensa del Sur and connect to La Lana in Villena:

Or start in Xabia on Camino del Alba and connect with La Lana (first with Levante in La Font de la Figuera) in Almansa:

Plenty of options there :D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
but I just saw a link to a Lana video, from someone who started in Valencia.
Nice video, I like it

Is this the "Requena spur" to the Lana, or is it another camino route altogether?
Kinky answered well, the route by Requena is a connection between Valencia and the Camino de la Lana. I only explored the two first stages and found it is fairly marked. I think I told it in other thread: at the beginning there is option to go by the river side (alternativa del parque fluvial) instead of crossing three cities.
From Valencia there is an other option not reported by Kinky: going North to Sagunto (40-45 km) by both the Via Xurra, Camino del Cid, and Via Augusta (who share the way), and then turn left to Teruel by the Camino de Sagunto which shares parts of the Via Verde de Ojos Negros, Camino del Cid and Ruta del Santo Caliz (uncorrectly called Santo Grial).

was the albergue built because of increasing numbers, or in the hope that building the albergue will increase the numbers? Do you have any information on how many people walk on the Levante from Valencia these days?
None of these, just the work of the association to have more accommodations options on that way.
Now it is possible to walk Valencia-Almussafes, 25 km, then Almussafes-Pobla Llarga, 27 km, and then a short stage, about 17 km to Xativa in order to spend a touristic afternoon in that very interesting city.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, including a Canadian biker and a French lady hiking the Levante in the next days...

None of these, just the work of the association to have more accommodations options on that way.
Now it is possible to walk Valencia-Almussafes, 25 km, then Almussafes-Pobla Llarga, 27 km, and then a short stage, about 17 km to Xativa in order to spend a touristic afternoon in that very interesting city.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, including a Canadian biker and a French lady hiking the Levante in the next days...

That’s great to have shorter stages leaving Valencia. I remember when I walked, I walked to Sillas, then took Crecanías back to Valencia, then the next day Cercanías to Sillas and on to Algemesí. The stages you suggest are much nicer. And the short day into Xátiva is a terrific idea. I have seen and climbed around a lot of castles in my day, but the one in Xátiva is exceptional. And it was also the first time I had ever seen an “ice tower”, a very high and large circular stone enclosure, where the snow was stored so that there would be ice during the year. It’s off the side of the forest path leading down from the castle to town. I remember being surprised that Xátiva used to get a lot of snow, and wondering if I was mistaken — do you know anything about that JLWV?

Jean-luc this is super news. I’ve just returned from the Cami Madrid and the Mozárabe. I’ve still got the Levante to complete from Toledo. The new Albergue won’t be on my dance card but it’s great to see more Albergues popping up on the Levante. I loved walking the first half. Very different from many of the other Spanish caminos. I felt like I was in a different decade! This part of Spain is in a world of its own. I must get my diary out and make a plan for Levante-VDLP-Invierno hybrid.
Thanks again and hi to Kinky and @peregrina2000

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
And it was also the first time I had ever seen an “ice tower”, a very high and large circular stone enclosure, where the snow was stored so that there would be ice during the year
Yes Laurie, this is common in the mountains between Valencia and Alicante, and also other parts of the country.
They are more often covered wells than towers and were used not so many time ago. The well was filled with alternate beds of snow, tamped down to convert into ice, and straw to aislate the ice. Later the ice was sold in cities.
Really snow is no so frequent today that in the past, but still present in winter in our mountains.
It is amazing going down in such a 'pozo de nieve'

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am not sure why this appeared today, but I find it most encouraging.
Hi @Albertagirl
Thanks for bumping this thread again - I’ve just sat and watched (once again), the video linked by @peregrina2000 (above) -
a wonderful treat ! Walking the Lana from Valencia to Burgos.
- next best thing to being there. ! & from my chair , it’s easy to stay safely distanced 😉
Truly beautiful countryside - and the flowers !! It’s all ‘gasp gorgeous’ including the hills and pueblos /cities; castles and churches.

I’m dreaming ... but the dreams keep me happy for the moment.
Annie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
2022, October 6th

Yesterday and today we have severe rains in the area beetween Valencia and Xativa.
Due to that there have been great damages at the albergue of La Pobla Llarga, which wil remain closed for some weeks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
2022, October 6th

Yesterday and today we have severe rains in the area beetween Valencia and Xativa.
Due to that there have been great damages at the albergue of La Pobla Llarga, which wil remain closed for some weeks.
This is sad news.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.