• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Robla

brentchase

I'm walking the Camino Del Salvador in May this year and wondered if anybody knows how to contact the Hosal Ordonez de Celis in La Robla by phone or email.Ive tried the advertised email but they don't work.
Any help would be appreciated
Buon Camino
Mike Fitz

A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think you should make contact with an experienced guiding company who can be relied on to organize all your taxis and accommodations.

OK so I'm lying, thats what Tinkers do.

No. I don't think you need to book ahead on the Salvador. It isn't any part of a Camino to Santiago it's a something else a little bit special. There are places where it will be would be advantageous to let the hospitalero/as know you are coming though in May you may not need the heating switching on. And at Poladura you need to let them know you're coming if you want dinner.

All that said I last walked that way in 2018. The world changes constantly.

Do you think we need to book ahead on this path? Is May going to be super busy? Thanks Mel
Mel
When I walked this route starting 25 April 2015 I started with the expectation of meeting no-one.
I met one Italian pilgrim on the way and at Albergue at La Robla there were a few others who were at the other stops en route also. They even looked out for me and waited at one freezing stream crossing in case I needed help. A couple had ended up ‘in the drink’ but luckily I skipped across on the rocks without getting wet. So I’m saying it’s quiet but generally a small band turns into a family watching out for you. I doubt it would have got too much busier in a few years (but stranger things have happened ).

Enjoy it - it’s a real gem. May should be good / it was quite slippery muddy heading down after the top when I did it but managed to stay off my backside. I doubt I’d do as well now.

Buen camino
Annie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Walked beginning of May last year and the Albergue in La Robla was almost full when we arrived.Luckily a kind Spanish man gave me his bottom bunk. Myself and another younger woman were the only females. Much busier than 2016.

I'm walking the Camino Del Salvador in May this year and wondered if anybody knows how to contact the Hosal Ordonez de Celis in La Robla by phone or email.Ive tried the advertised email but they don't work.
Any help would be appreciated
Buon Camino
Mike Fitz

I'll be walking in May as well. The phone # that I have (can't guarantee it's up to date, but is from Ender's guide and the CSJ guide) is for Carlos, the hospitalero, at 659 093 647. Good luck!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.