• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Taberna Celta in Salamanca

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was perusing a Spanish language Camino forum just recently and saw a notice about this establishment. Apparently, the owner treats the first pilgrim of the day to a very nice meal. Looks like a nice place!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...a_Province_of_Salamanca_Castile_and_Leon.html

Has anyone had experience with this nice little tradition? Buen camino, Laurie
Hola!

Thanks for posting this. Varied reports, but the photo with pulpo (in Salamanca ;)) surely looks very tempting. I've just finished my notes on Alba de Tormes - Salamanca stretch (the missing one day stage between Camino Teresiano and Camino Torres) when I saw your post. I guess now I really know what my next Camino should be :D

I have eaten there on my recent Camino,I was walking with a Spanish man who had know something about this. Because of language difficulties (my Spanish friend spoke very fast ) I think we got the Pulpo free, but the hospitality and the food was so good we decided to buy a full meal there. It was by far my best meal of this Camino. Spend a bit a money and treat yourself it is fantastic. I will show you two photographs, I have greatly reduced file size so they wont slow down this thread. I will also give you the link to my photographic blog of that VDP which includes Taberna Celta. http://dermotdolan.blogspot.ie/2016/03/via-de-la-plata-february-1-to-february.html

DSC_8257 (640x428).jpg DSC_8261 (640x428).jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola Dermont - some really great photographs. I loved how you posted the same shot in both colour and B&W. It really does inspire me to again consider tackling the Via d l Plata. Cheers

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hola Dermont - some really great photographs. I loved how you posted the same shot in both colour and B&W. It really does inspire me to again consider tackling the Via d l Plata. Cheers
Hello Mike thank you for the kind words, up to recently I avoided black and white because some photographers looked down their nose at colour and looked upon black and white as the only true art medium. Then I went against the grain and shot only in colour but I was excluding some lovely opportunities. Now I mix both. Regards Dermot(Nalod)

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back