• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
This was sent to me recently .... I wonder if this is in response to the news about the albergues in Galicia....

Oficina de Acogida al Peregrino
S.A.M.I. Catedral de Santiago
Santiago de Compostela, Spain

The council of the Chapter of the Cathedral of Santiago Pilgrims in cooperation with la Sociedad de Xestión do Xacobeo, has decided that pilgrims will have the option of using a new electronic la Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino (Pilgrim Loyalty Card) alongside with the existing Credencial (Pilgrim Passport).

The Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino will be available by applying in person from the Pilgrims’ Office, or from la Sociedad de Xestión do Xacobeo, or from other organizations authorized to distribute the official la Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino, such as Churches, Amigos groups, and albergues, etc. In some countries other than Spain, organizations such as Confraternities who support the pilgrimage to Santiago have been permitted to supply their own Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino. When ordering the electronic Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino, pilgrims simply include their full legal name, email address, country of origin, point of departure, age, and sex.

The new electronic Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino will consist of a plastic wallet size credit card and include an industry standard secure biometric RFID scanner for ease of use. Personal and non - transferable, it includes accident and health care travel insurance, and provides discounts in over 600 establishments and services along the Camino. All pilgrims, regardless of nationality, can benefit from the extensive benefits which include emergency medical and accident coverage, pharmaceutical or hospitalization expenses, dental emergency coverage, and coverage for legal expenses, lost luggage and personal belongings.

In addition, pilgrims can enjoy Camino de Santiago discounts for accommodation (campsites, lodges, guest houses, hostels, and hotels), restaurants, supermarkets, bakeries, transportation (buses, taxis, car accompaniment), laundry, bicycle repair, podiatrists, massage therapists, pharmacies, horses and donkeys rentals, and entrance to cultural museums.

At participating locations, pilgrims simply swipe their electronic Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino by secure special designated electronic card readers to record and validate their arrival. Upon arrival at the pilgrim office of Santiago, staff will validate the Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino and issue an electronic tourist memorabilia certificate and DVD. The DVD will include an unique personalized summary of each pilgrim's journey along the Camino, showing key reference points, which includes each location and establishment the pilgrim visited on a visually stunning full colour graphical interactive 3D map.

The cost of the electronic the Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino is twenty euro.

The Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino initially will be available for the popular Camino Francés. However it is expected in future months, the Tarjeta de Fidelidad del Peregrino will be available for many of other popular Camino routes in Spain.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I suppose they will now be able to have a more exact idea of how much we really do spend, and cheat on the last 100km! I wonder if taxis will also ne offering discounts.:rolleyes: As if the Camino costs required discounts.

Well this is where I am suppose to say April Fools ! However it seems most people figured it out right away.

However...

If you did click on the link I provided on my second post, a Camino Loyality Card does really exist offering similar benefits. Or maybe I should did exist - not sure if it still around. This is where I got my inspiration

My card is obviously better

It would be especially cool to get interactive 3D map of all the places you stopped, visited and stayed while doing the Camino.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am currently working as a Hospitalaro in a newly reopened Donativo Albergue in Vergen del Camino, just a short distance from Leon. It was closed for 5 years due to, initially the pandemic. It is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back