• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Via Francigena, Five Pilgrims to Rome

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
In about 12 hours time our book - LA VIA FRANCIGENA, FIVE PILGRIMS TO ROME - will be available on Amazon kindle. Five very different not-so-young women blog as they walk from Switzerland to Rome following a Google translated guide book and a few yellow pilgrim way markers.
No fights, no getting lost (just confused!), no injuries (besides a few black toes) and no weight loss because they ate too well!!
Read about their challenging hike and read their daily 'Food Report' as they munch their way through Switerland and Italy.

http://www.amazon.com/Francigena-Five-P ... 574&sr=1-1

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Downloaded this book a few days ago for my Kindle and am about 1/3 through it and am thoroughly enjoying it. But my husband, who walked from Sarria to Santiago with me last month, is shaking his head. :D

He has come to realize that I have been bitten by the walking bug and that mini-Camino we did will not be my only pilgrimage. Since our trip, I have awakened every morning, and quickly realized that I was dreaming about the walk, the local residents in the villages who were so nice to us, the sights we saw, the places we stayed along the Camino. I feel there is no cure for this "bug".

I have walked four half marathons and one full marathon, and have more scheduled for this year, too. But it's just not the same as walking along a pilgrimage path.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back