• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Vuelta 2019

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Yep, I know I could posted this in miscelanious subsection but it is a cycling event after all :D

It is starting tomorrow and at first glance at stages the race will start/end or cross quite a few Caminos:
Norte, Lana, Sanabres, Catalan, Olvidado, Primitivo, Frances, Mendocino, Madrid and Levante.
EDIT: and Baztanes (THX @VNwalking )

More info in English here:

Also here (easier to navigate in my opinion):

Plan accordingly and enjoy both your Camino and La Vuelta :)

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I love following these bike races. I wish the Vuelta had better coverage on the U.S., though.😠 Only snippets on NBC Sports. And following on my phone with NBC Gold just doesn't cut it. Still, it's great fun to pick out places along the various Caminos. And when I took a taxi tour from Muxia, our driver took us up one of the hills often used on the Vuelta. Whew! I was wondering if the car would make it up that incline, never mind pedaling a bike!

Of course the nothing can match the incredible production and excellent coverage of the Tour de France. Glued to my TV. And I don't even ride. 😂

I love following these bike races. I wish the Vuelta had better coverage on the U.S., though.😠 Only snippets on NBC Sports. And following on my phone with NBC Gold just doesn't cut it. Still, it's great fun to pick out places along the various Caminos. And when I took a taxi tour from Muxia, our driver took us up one of the hills often used on the Vuelta. Whew! I was wondering if the car would make it up that incline, never mind pedaling a bike!

Of course the nothing can match the incredible production and excellent coverage of the Tour de France. Glued to my TV. And I don't even ride. 😂
Giro d'Italia, Tour de France and La Vuelta (chronologically through the summer) are grand slams of the road cycling. TV coverage on all three is just phenomenal and I'm speaking as a professional (not a cyclist).

Maybe you can get live coverage on the internet. Check out the Eurosport programmes if they offer on-line coverage. I wouldn't know because I can watch all three 3-weeks races on the TV within my unlimited cable/internet/phone package. For 30€ a month ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'll definitely check out your suggestions for internet streaming. Who knows? 😊 My NBC Gold package eventually replays the whole day, but after the fact and on the phone only. I can't project it onto the TV. 😠 So I'm terribly jealous of not just your access, but of the price you pay!! Our cable/internet/phone package is through the roof. 🥶

Anyway, for those who've never seen any of these races, check it out. It's great fun to see regions we've walked through, or dream of walking through. And watching the cycling is addictive. 🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲

Adding one more camino to the list: the 11th stage crosses the Frances at St Jean, and ends in Urdax. So anyone walking the Baztanes that day needs to have their heads up, too, and not count on staying there.

Here's the useful map:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Completely due to luck, I actually saw the Tour de France pass by while I was on the Le Puy route in 2015. I knew that they were in the general area, but did not know the route they were taking. At one point a couple of other walkers told me the Tour would be coming along a road that the Le Puy crossed, about a kilometre away. I walked over, joined a small number of people already there, and waited about 45 minutes. Sure enough, the leaders came by, followed by the peleton, motorcycles, cars, small vans, etc. It was pure chaos and a real adrenalin rush for 90-120 seconds, and then they were gone and everybody dispersed. Very cool experience, especially when completely unexpected. It's amazing when you are standing on the edge of a road and they are going by at very high speeds about 3-4 feet away.

Today's stage goes through SJPdP and it will not affect those that will start walking Camino in the morning. But for those that will come from Bayonne in early afternoon or around middday it might be interesting event to see:

Also in live stream in the link given in previous posts.

And I'm very proud that as of today a Slovenian cyclist Primož Roglič is in red jersey (leader in GC). Another one (Tadej Pogačar) in 5th place. Not bad for a nation of 2 million people ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
And if you're on the Camino Baztanes, don't plan to stay in Urdax without a booking. But you might get to see the finish, always exciting! (Avanti, Primož and Tadej!)

And if you're on the Camino Baztanes, don't plan to stay in Urdax without a booking. But you might get to see the finish, always exciting! (Avanti, Primož and Tadej!)
And your words became golden today.
Tadej Pogačar won the brutal stage no.13 from Bilbao to Los Machucos and Primož Roglič was 2nd. They came in with the same time. I guess Primož let Tadej won it ;)

Primož still holds 1st overall position (even gain few more seconds to the lead) and Tadej moved from 5th to 3rd :D

Today Roglic showed again that is the strongest.
Today's stage finished at Santuario del Acebo that is a pilgrimage point in west Asturias.
I was there last week. I walked from Cangas del Narcea to El Santuario (800mts) 11kms.
The Vuelta also passed today through Ibias (Asturias) (fantastic and remote place).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
And they started in Tineo on the Primitivo :)
It was yet another brutal stage.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Congratulations K1 !!
First and third are Slovenians.
Thank you @Pelegrin . It's just amazing :D

Complete euphoria over here. Everybody watching live coverage, everybody talking about it, far out crazy. First and third wearing 3 maillots out of 4 available :D

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.