• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ladies Long Tops

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
I know I posted about this a few years ago but I can't find the thread.

I'm tall and women's tops tend to be too short in the body for me. I've tried shirts but the fit is all wrong because they're too short so I stick to t-shirts. I've tried mens but the fit is also a bit odd and not as comfortable... sooo...

Any taller ladies out there who wear t-shirts that are longer in the body? I like wearing Skins Compression Tights but ideally I would love a t-shirt that covers my bum 🤭

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My best recommendation would be to find someone who makes the ideal long top for you.

A few years ago, I started sewing classes and I make my own clothes. It is a revelation to put on something that really fits. Long tops used to work their way upward, but nowadays two small seams in the back stop them from doing that. Necklines are not to high, nor to deep. Sleeves have the length I like best and so on.

Btw, for a bum cover, you might also wear a tiny fitted skrt, a bum buff so to speak.

What are you looking for? A quick internet search shows major brands of t-shirts in women's tall. You must have something specific in mind...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I'm tall and women's tops tend to be too short in the body for me. I've tried shirts but the fit is all wrong because they're too short so I stick to t-shirts. I've tried mens but the fit is also a bit odd and not as comfortable... sooo...

Any taller ladies out there who wear t-shirts that are longer in the body? I like wearing Skins Compression Tights but ideally I would love a t-shirt that covers my bum 🤭
I don’t use it on the Caminos but... I once bought a sort of mini T-shirt dress from Next, to wear with leggings. Didn’t like it so hemmed it into ... a long t-shirt. Works wonders when worn on my allotment 😉 (ie. does cover my bum when weeding! 😀)

What are you looking for? A quick internet search shows major brands of t-shirts in women's tall. You must have something specific in mind...

please tell me more... I've done this and I cant find sports t-shirts... what am I doing wrong! :oops: :cool:

I don’t use it on the Caminos but... I once bought a sort of mini T-shirt dress from Next, to wear with leggings. Didn’t like it so hemmed it into ... a long t-shirt. Works wonders when worn on my allotment 😉 (ie. does cover my bum when weeding! 😀)

I have wondered about this idea... I will check them out :D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There is always Long Tall Sally. Its been a while since I ordered from them. I also like Title Nine and Jill, their shirts run on the long side.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A "cover your bum" style would more likely be something called a tunic. But here is a list that might get you started : )

1) This is a performance tee in women's tall: https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/231500...shirt?sp=2&size=&color=Htr Gray&sizeType=Tall

2) Although not specifically tall, Duluth cuts their tee's generous length: https://www.duluthtrading.com/searc...uctType&prefv1=Shirts&selectedRef=productType

3) Old Navy's selection of performance tee's in tall: https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/sear...n tall tee&autosuggest=true#style=Active Tops

Good luck!

I am at the opposite end of this question....being a shorty, under 5 feet tall or, to be more precise, 148cms now. and so many of the Tshirts and Jackets which are available are usually way too long for me and, if possible, I have to cut and rehem. I can buy kids sizes but, sometimes, at age 71, some of the available kids gear is really a bit unsuitable. Susanawee.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@LesBrass

Have you thought of cycling tops?
They’re usually longer at the back and very ‘breathable’.
Something like this: (unfortunately there’s only one size left, because it’s been on sale; their long T shirt has sold out 😕)

I imagine the Skins Compression tops probably end up under your armpits! They’re sooo short ...

@susanawee ... you might find them perfect!

My best recommendation would be to find someone who makes the ideal long top for you.

A few years ago, I started sewing classes and I make my own clothes. It is a revelation to put on something that really fits. Long tops used to work their way upward, but nowadays two small seams in the back stop them from doing that. Necklines are not to high, nor to deep. Sleeves have the length I like best and so on.

Btw, for a bum cover, you might also wear a tiny fitted skrt, a bum buff so to speak.
A courtesy skirt or skort over the leggings.

Thank you all for the ideas... sorry for my tardy reply! You folks in the US have so much choice! I love the Eddie Bower T-shirts... I might order a few and send to a friend... she might be kind enough to send them on to me :)

I will go through all the suggestions and see what I can order here in France... it might be too late for me to order for this year... but there is always next year!

p.s. thank for the suggestion of the Skirt/Skort... I have tried that but I feel a little too over dressed... I know... I'm never happy 😃

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you all for the ideas... sorry for my tardy reply! You folks in the US have so much choice! I love the Eddie Bower T-shirts... I might order a few and send to a friend... she might be kind enough to send them on to me :)

I will go through all the suggestions and see what I can order here in France... it might be too late for me to order for this year... but there is always next year!

p.s. thank for the suggestion of the Skirt/Skort... I have tried that but I feel a little too over dressed... I know... I'm never happy 😃
I know what you mean. I’m from the US living in the UK, but still order most of my outdoor gear from home, and try to get someone in my family to ship to me, or wait until I go over for a visit to pick things up. Sometimes the company will ship overseas, which may still work out to a savings even with the customs charge, US prices are usually much lower than over here. Most times I order from the Columbia website, they do have a presence in the UK but the range of products, colours, and sizes just doesn’t compare, and there’s always a sale going on.
Next best thing is to break out the sewing machine. I’ve altered a t-shirt pattern and ordered some merino wool, there’s a little over a month before I leave for my next Camino......

A little update... I found some amazing T-shirt’s in Next. They were a bargain at 15€ and the length is perfect! I’ve yet to test them out walking but they feel light and airy and I’m very hopeful!

Ps I’m nursing a knee injury so I might have to take them untested next week... along with my sore knee!

Thanks for all the great ideas!

This isn't a Tshirt but Columbia has some nice tunic shirts made of sun protective material. Quick drying, etc. Mine is a lovely shade of teal and has those little gizmos on the sleeves so you can roll them up if you want shortsleeves or roll them down if you need to cover up.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This isn't a Tshirt but Columbia has some nice tunic shirts made of sun protective material. Quick drying, etc. Mine is a lovely shade of teal and has those little gizmos on the sleeves so you can roll them up if you want shortsleeves or roll them down if you need to cover up.
I can vouch for Columbia quick dry blouses. Wash and wear, no ironing needed. I was glad to get them into a hotter wash when I got home, and used my favourite Chimbo hand soap on the collars. Last year’s sales!

I'm tall and women's tops tend to be too short in the body for me.

FWIW, as a man I have the same problem with t-shirts -- except in those rare years when long t-shirts are fashionable.

**sigh**

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back