• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lana in winter?

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
It has occurred to me that my best bet for another solo Camino would be in December/January when my younger kids can go to work with Daddy for a couple of weeks then he can supervise them over the summer break.
Question is whether the Lana would be OK to walk then. Obviously from Burgos to Santiago would be fine as people do it all the time.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Kiwi,

We are also considering walking the Lana this winter, roughly mid-Jan til Mid-Feb (and only as far as Burgos). Would welcome any further thoughts on its suitability for winter walking.

Buen Camino

Dan

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Dan (@econodan) I'd love it if you could give a wee report back once you're done! My main questions are: are albergues/polideportivos etc open? Is anything unpassable due to weather?

Hi,

We're trying to run down the same sort of information, to help us decide on the Camino de la Lana or perhaps another route for this outing. Also looking at the Mozarabe.

It looks like you are considering heading out this December, so you'd be ahead of us. Whichever Camino, I'll be posting here or in a separate blog so you can follow along.

Dan

@econodan no chance of this December - I just got back from Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo in November!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
And I thought I would be all alone this winter, shame I'm heading south instead, maybe I see some of you, lookout for the donkeys.

Nomad: When do you plan to be walking? We're looking at roughly mid-Jan to mid-Feb on the Lana. Maybe we will cross paths?

Nomad: When do you plan to be walking? We're looking at roughly mid-Jan to mid-Feb on the Lana. Maybe we will cross paths?

I'm waiting on the farrier to make me some donkey size shoes but I should get to Burgos by about the 20th, I'm leaving from Cantabria so got to cross over the mountains first. Its hard to miss me, I have my donkey and her seven month foal, a German shepherd and a very big Spanish mastiff. Keep me updated where you are as I rest the donkey at least one day a week and may not be directly on the Camino. Look forward to meeting you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, but we had to quit after about a week. My wife developed an ankle injury and couldn't continue beyond Alpera. More details in my Live from the Camino thread on this forum, or in the blog.
Dan

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back