• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Language tests !!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Has anybody a reaction to the news, that FICS recommends language tests that pilgrims have to pass in order to walk the Camino !?
A bit stiff, I think
Where did you read/see that? Or is this a poisson d'avril ?

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Being serious for a moment (moi?) does anybody know what the fourth language is on the stone in Bayonne station? French, Spanish, Euskara and ?????
I did have a photo but those Daguerreotypes never last too well.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Being serious for a moment (moi?) does anybody know what the fourth language is on the stone in Bayonne station? French, Spanish, Euskara and ???? I did have a photo but those Daguerreotypes never last too well.
Depends on how long ago it was when you were there 😂. My guess is either Occitan Gascon or the English of Henry II.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I read an article that farmers are planning to adopt the practice of Marshmallow Farming, which has become very profitable in the U.S. There is some talk of a new Pilgramallow Albergue where you can have a restful sleep on a maxima species of the puffy crop.

I read an article that farmers are planning to adopt the practice of Marshmallow Farming, which has become very profitable in the U.S. There is some talk of a new Pilgramallow Albergue where you can have a restful sleep on a maxima species of the puffy crop.
Before the end of the day, as it maybe is still not yet midday, when April Fools rest for a year, let me say much I loved watching this to take my mind off balancing the accounts for March!!!

edit: ditto for the spaghetti clip. Takes me right back to the Saturday outing to the pictures with all my siblings., We each got 7d in old sterling money. 3d for entrance charge, 3d for the bar of toffee which we smashed off our elbows so we could eat a square at a time. One of my brothers was not wise, instead of breaking his bar of toffee squares, he sooked away at them, and on the way home, he lost the remaining stretches of the toffee as the oldest brother stole them from him!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Only a fool believes spaghetti grows on trees...it's money that does that.
I watched the original spaghetti tree broadcast live on that 1st April long ago -- I was a small child, and yet it was so incredibly well produced, with the poetic absurdity of it combined with true and honest respect for Italy and her culture (though IIRC the Italian culture Minister complained) to make it IMO the one, single, best April Fool story ever.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I watched the original spaghetti tree broadcast live on that 1st April long ago -- I was a small child, and yet it was so incredibly well produced, with the poetic absurdity of it combined with true and honest respect for Italy and her culture (though IIRC the Italian culture Minister complained) to make it IMO the one, single, best April Fool story ever.

Agreed! Such a great April Fool's prank. The narrator has the perfect combination of seriousness, friendliness, and trustworthiness that I actually believe "these dangers are over" and that spaghetti is ripe for harvesting now.

Amazing that you watched it live as a child! ❤️

Well, I had no idea. All this time I thought spaghetti grew in boxes and marshmallows came from plastic bags. Thanks for enlightening me. I wonder if I can raise them in window boxes on the back deck.

Now if I can just pass that 5-language exam, I'll be all set for my next Camino. Provided the construction on the Napoleon route is finished by then.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.