• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Laptop storage?

E7k

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino el Norte (2017)
Hi Ivar,

My daughter and I plan to start del Norte in about a week. As we are both traveling internationally for the next 6 months we have a lot of “stuff”, specifically, my daughter needs her laptop for an NGO position in September, but does not want to carry that excess weight on the camino (obviously.) We are sending our luggage to you for storage - is there ways/means to insure/send this along too (best way ... we both have travel insurance but are hoping to avoid need to use.) We will be sending via correo in about a week from San Sebastián.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi there,

Sorry for late reply.

Sounds good.. I have a feeling there are many that send me laptops in their boxes (I do not know what are inside the boxes I store) and I have not heard of anyone with anything broken.... but, it all depends on how you pack it. Well wrapped in clothes,...

Correos works well... as an alternative, you might want to look into seeing if there is a "mailboxes ETC" in San Sebastian...they ship with SEUR, UPS, DHL and many others... and they sell packing materials that will help you take care of the laptop...

For me it is really the same how you ship it, I will store what I receive.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

HOLA IVAR,

Sent suitcases about 8 days ago ... hoping you have them, as we can’t locate them using Correos tracking system.

Thanks so much for your help!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.