A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Live - Cam. Norte Laredo to Noja: 3 beaches in a day!

Camino(s) past & future
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
When we left Laredo this morning, instead of following the arrows and the main road, we headed straight for the beach, and walked in the sand and the surf until El Puntal, where we boarded the little shuttle boat.
After docking at Santoña, we went through the town and headed for the Playa de Berria., There, too, we took the shoes off and walked on the beach.
At the far end of that beach, there is a hill, and the old Camino path used to climb up what Wise Pilgrims'guide calls: "not for the faint of heart". The new Camino route follows the road. Two locals urged us to climb. We did, and had fantastic views.
The added bonus of going up the hill, which is called Punta del Brusco, is that when you come down, you end up on Playa de Trengandin.
So over the total distance of our stage today, from Laredo to Noja, we walked three quarters barefoot and on the beach. Now that's Camino walking :cool::)
Note, if the weather was wet, I would not go up Punta del Brusco.

Camino(s) past & future
April 2017 or Sept 2017
When I walked everyone but me went up the hill. My friends did and said you were right on the way edge of the mountain but was beautiful. I enjoyed walking around that hill and the many coffee spots I stopped at along the way. The beaches are beautiful along that stretch.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%