Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino de Santiago of the Canary Islands
The officially recognized Camino de Santiago on the Canary Islands!

Large group on the Torres

Camino Creative Credencial Workshop
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Old Hillwalker

Past OR future Camino
Del Norte 2018 & 2019
Camino de Torres 2022
I have attempted to get this translated to no avail. Can anyone help?

My interest lies in the fact that I am planning to walk this Camino starting in early may 2011.

trecile

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
PAST - Francés, Norte, Salvador, Portuguese
It is too bad that the Facebook post didn't give a source for the article.
I agree

It's basically just an article with information and history about the route, and talks about a group of 50 from León who walked it together. This particular group has done many hikes and other walks together.

Camino de Santiago of the Canary Islands
The officially recognized Camino de Santiago on the Canary Islands!
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.
My interest lies in the fact that I am planning to walk this Camino starting in early may 2011.
I'm not sure which year you are planning to walk :D, but there are quite a few informative threads in this same section of the forum. Also here is a short article that Ivar posted in June 2021 - you should be able to translate this one with Chrome or a translation app.

Old Hillwalker

Past OR future Camino
Del Norte 2018 & 2019
Camino de Torres 2022
I'm planning to walk it this coming Spring. I will be flying in to Madrid and then taking a bus to Salamanca to spend three or four days in the city, visiting museums and touring Arapiles battlefields of 1812. I should leave on the Torres path about May 5th. I have been studying many of the recommended resources including the University of Salamanca's website about the Torres Camino. which I find very helpful and informative.

The header of the article taken from a Facebook Group "Camino Torres" stated they they have departed Salamanca on Saturday, 22 January 2022. Given the size and apparent paucity of Albergues along the way should make it interesting for them

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.
Given the size and apparent paucity of Albergues along the way should make it interesting for them
Since this group appears to be a group whose purpose is to promote this very route, I expect they have figured this out.

It will be interesting to follow them along and see if they publish more information on their accommodation and the status of the facilities en route.

Christine Leneghan

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2018) and Portuguese Coastal Camino (2019)
I'm planning to walk it this coming Spring. I will be flying in to Madrid and then taking a bus to Salamanca to spend three or four days in the city, visiting museums and touring Arapiles battlefields of 1812. I should leave on the Torres path about May 5th. I have been studying many of the recommended resources including the University of Salamanca's website about the Torres Camino. which I find very helpful and informative.

The header of the article taken from a Facebook Group "Camino Torres" stated they they have departed Salamanca on Saturday, 22 January 2022. Given the size and apparent paucity of Albergues along the way should make it interesting for them
I think they’re referring to your typo.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

mazzarina

Past OR future Camino
CF (partial) '05
Primitivo 19
Portugues 22
It says in the article that they're a walking group (from Leon) who have done lots of different routes, including most recently the Camino Frances. They finished that in December and found out about this one by chance. They're doing the C. Torres bit by bit: two stages per month. So I imagine they're travelling to their start point by minibus or similar and getting picked up at the end of each day.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Way Markers

pelerine

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Mozárabe
......of which the official original site is by far the more interesting one with much more information, historical and practical - description of the stages, gps tracks, accommodation and lots of photos to wet your appetite - plus a number of “relatos” which tell the experience of some of those who have walked this camino.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 104 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads