• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Large group on the Torres

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have attempted to get this translated to no avail. Can anyone help?

My interest lies in the fact that I am planning to walk this Camino starting in early may 2011.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It is too bad that the Facebook post didn't give a source for the article.
I agree

It's basically just an article with information and history about the route, and talks about a group of 50 from León who walked it together. This particular group has done many hikes and other walks together.

My interest lies in the fact that I am planning to walk this Camino starting in early may 2011.
I'm not sure which year you are planning to walk :D, but there are quite a few informative threads in this same section of the forum. Also here is a short article that Ivar posted in June 2021 - you should be able to translate this one with Chrome or a translation app.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm planning to walk it this coming Spring. I will be flying in to Madrid and then taking a bus to Salamanca to spend three or four days in the city, visiting museums and touring Arapiles battlefields of 1812. I should leave on the Torres path about May 5th. I have been studying many of the recommended resources including the University of Salamanca's website about the Torres Camino. which I find very helpful and informative.

The header of the article taken from a Facebook Group "Camino Torres" stated they they have departed Salamanca on Saturday, 22 January 2022. Given the size and apparent paucity of Albergues along the way should make it interesting for them

Given the size and apparent paucity of Albergues along the way should make it interesting for them
Since this group appears to be a group whose purpose is to promote this very route, I expect they have figured this out.

It will be interesting to follow them along and see if they publish more information on their accommodation and the status of the facilities en route.

It will be interesting to follow them along and see if they publish more information on their accommodation and the status of the facilities en route.
Having walked this route myself this had me wondering too. I would love to know how they do it. Is there a way to find out?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm planning to walk it this coming Spring. I will be flying in to Madrid and then taking a bus to Salamanca to spend three or four days in the city, visiting museums and touring Arapiles battlefields of 1812. I should leave on the Torres path about May 5th. I have been studying many of the recommended resources including the University of Salamanca's website about the Torres Camino. which I find very helpful and informative.

The header of the article taken from a Facebook Group "Camino Torres" stated they they have departed Salamanca on Saturday, 22 January 2022. Given the size and apparent paucity of Albergues along the way should make it interesting for them
I think they’re referring to your typo.

It says in the article that they're a walking group (from Leon) who have done lots of different routes, including most recently the Camino Frances. They finished that in December and found out about this one by chance. They're doing the C. Torres bit by bit: two stages per month. So I imagine they're travelling to their start point by minibus or similar and getting picked up at the end of each day.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
For information, here are the two sites that I know of to do the Torres Way.

A new site:

The old site "oficial" - Luis Quintales:

......of which the official original site is by far the more interesting one with much more information, historical and practical - description of the stages, gps tracks, accommodation and lots of photos to wet your appetite - plus a number of “relatos” which tell the experience of some of those who have walked this camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Hi, @Old Hillwalker,

Just wondering how your Camino Torres went. I hope to walk it in September and I think you are the forum member who has walked most recently. Any tips or updates?

Did you take the Geira from Braga, or did you go to Ponte de Lima and continue on the Central?

Hi Laurie, a great coffee stop is at Julietta's place, cafe s. Cristavao, in Pereiro (between Almeida and Pinhel). Having stopped for a coffee, I was invited to share lunch with her and her husband, and she then walked me to the edge of the village. Extraordinary hospitality, which Pelerine commented on as well.

We too were treated to a wonderful lunch in Julietta’s private dining room after which she accompanied us to the edge of the village where she picked a rose for each of us from her garden. What a star!

101A2C34-2FD5-4E93-AE93-E46F9366D641.jpeg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, @Old Hillwalker,

Just wondering how your Camino Torres went. I hope to walk it in September and I think you are the forum member who has walked most recently. Any tips or updates?

Did you take the Geira from Braga, or did you go to Ponte de Lima and continue on the Central?
Hello Peregrina, I'm sorry to report that due to unforeseen difficulties I never accomplished this trip. I do currently have tickets which take me to Santander where I will resume my Norte that ended there in 2019.

This will be my 5th Camino walk and also two trips tp Spain to walk the GR 11. Since I will be 83 this Autumn, sadly this probably be my last Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.