• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Last 100 in 5 days?

thomasr

Time of past OR future Camino
None
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone had a plan that would allow me to complete the last 100 from Sarria in 5-5.5 days?

I'm fit, have some experience walking and won't be carrying much baggage so I don't mind long days, but was wondering if there were obvious places I could stop/ accommodation en route for this timetable? most I find online are planned for 7 days.

Thanks in advance!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone had a plan that would allow me to complete the last 100 from Sarria in 5-5.5 days?

I'm fit, have some experience walking and won't be carrying much baggage so I don't mind long days, but was wondering if there were obvious places I could stop/ accommodation en route for this timetable? most I find online are planned for 7 days.

Thanks in advance!
Seems to me that 5 days should be pretty average. That's what Gronze.com suggests.

Forwalk.org also suggests five days.

You can also create your own stages on Godesalco

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi @thomasr - something like this would be typical for a 5-day walk:

From Sarria
to Barbadelo (Sarria - Barbadelo) (4.3 km / 2.7 mi)
to Morgade (Barbadelo - Morgade) (7.7 km / 4.8 mi)
to Portomarín (Morgade - Portomarin) (9.9 km / 6.1 mi)
Stage 01 (21.9 km / 13.6 mi)

to Gonzar (Portomarin - Gonzar) (7.5 km / 4.6 mi)
to Ligonde (Gonzar - Ligonde) (8.5 km / 5.3 mi)
to Palas de Rei (Ligonde - Palas de Rei) (8.3 km / 5.1 mi)
Stage 02 (24.3 km / 15.1 mi)

to Melide (Palas de Rei - Melide) (14.8 km / 9.2 mi)
to Boente (Melide - Boente) (5.5 km / 3.4 mi)
to Castañeda (Boente - Castañeda) (2.2 km / 1.3 mi)
to Ribadiso da Baixo (Castañeda - Ribadiso da Baixo) (3.1 km / 1.9 mi)
Stage 03 (25.6 km / 15.9 mi)

to Arzúa (Ribadiso da Baixo - Arzúa) (2.2 km / 1.3 mi)
to A Salceda (Arzúa - Salceda) (11.8 km / 7.3 mi)
to Santa Irene (Salceda - Santa Irene) (5.0 km / 3.1 mi)
to O Pedrouzo (Santa Irene - Pedrouzo) (3.2 km / 2.0 mi)
Stage 04 (22.1 km / 13.8 mi)

to Lavacolla (Pedrouzo - Lavacolla) (9.5 km / 5.9 mi)
to Monte do Gozo (Lavacolla - Monte do Gozo) (5.4 km / 3.4 mi)
to Santiago de Compostela (Monte do Gozo - Santiago de Compostela) (4.8 km / 3.0 mi)
Stage 05 (19.7 km / 12.3 mi)

Total: 113.6 km / 70.6 mi

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi @thomasr - something like this would be typical for a 5-day walk:

From Sarria
to Barbadelo (Sarria - Barbadelo) (4.3 km / 2.7 mi)
to Morgade (Barbadelo - Morgade) (7.7 km / 4.8 mi)
to Portomarín (Morgade - Portomarin) (9.9 km / 6.1 mi)
Stage 01 (21.9 km / 13.6 mi)

to Gonzar (Portomarin - Gonzar) (7.5 km / 4.6 mi)
to Ligonde (Gonzar - Ligonde) (8.5 km / 5.3 mi)
to Palas de Rei (Ligonde - Palas de Rei) (8.3 km / 5.1 mi)
Stage 02 (24.3 km / 15.1 mi)

to Melide (Palas de Rei - Melide) (14.8 km / 9.2 mi)
to Boente (Melide - Boente) (5.5 km / 3.4 mi)
to Castañeda (Boente - Castañeda) (2.2 km / 1.3 mi)
to Ribadiso da Baixo (Castañeda - Ribadiso da Baixo) (3.1 km / 1.9 mi)
Stage 03 (25.6 km / 15.9 mi)

to Arzúa (Ribadiso da Baixo - Arzúa) (2.2 km / 1.3 mi)
to A Salceda (Arzúa - Salceda) (11.8 km / 7.3 mi)
to Santa Irene (Salceda - Santa Irene) (5.0 km / 3.1 mi)
to O Pedrouzo (Santa Irene - Pedrouzo) (3.2 km / 2.0 mi)
Stage 04 (22.1 km / 13.8 mi)

to Lavacolla (Pedrouzo - Lavacolla) (9.5 km / 5.9 mi)
to Monte do Gozo (Lavacolla - Monte do Gozo) (5.4 km / 3.4 mi)
to Santiago de Compostela (Monte do Gozo - Santiago de Compostela) (4.8 km / 3.0 mi)
Stage 05 (19.7 km / 12.3 mi)

Total: 113.6 km / 70.6 mi

thank you!

There is no magic in Sarria that will enable you to suddenly walk 100K! Walk at home in you local neighborhood park to determine how much you can comfortably walk. How may miles can you walk in a weekend? It's a great way to train your body and test out all your equipment. Don't wait until you get to Spain to start walking!

-Paul

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yup, easy.
Walked from Triacastela (23.07.19) to Santiago (27.07.19) in 5 days. Sarria to SdC is doable in 4 days.
From Sarria to Portomarrin (24.07., 19,8km), Portomarrin to Ponte Campaña (25.07., 27,4km), Ponte Campaña to A Rua (26.07., 38,6km) and finally A Rua to SdC (27.07., 22,9km).

If you do not want to walk in 2021 (holy year) just set off in Sarria and walk. If you can't find accomodation, walk further. You will find an albergue, hostel or small hotel to rest.

It also depends on the time of the year. I did it in January this year in five days and accommodation was very limited. Portomarin was first option after Sarria, then Palas del Rey. Melide had options, otherwise it was Arzua, followed by Pedrouzo. Longest day was Palas del Rey to Arzua at 29km. Have also done this stretch in June in five days, avoiding stopping at the ‘Brierly’ stages and always getting a bed. ¡Buen Camino!

It also depends on the time of the year. I did it in January this year in five days and accommodation was very limited. Portomarin was first option after Sarria, then Palas del Rey. Melide had options, otherwise it was Arzua, followed by Pedrouzo. Longest day was Palas del Rey to Arzua at 29km. Have also done this stretch in June in five days, avoiding stopping at the ‘Brierly’ stages and always getting a bed. ¡Buen Camino!
We did the same PdR-Arzua in June 20, 2017...long day, HOT day. I’d do it again though. 😎

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As others have stated, five days is exceedingly do-able; however, if you are walking for the purpose of obtaining Compostela, please be mindful of the queue process. You may need to stay in SdC an additional 1/2 day or longer to get the Compostela during peak times.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
5 days is the norm, amigo - with a decent amount of training and planning you’ll be fine.

As others have said Palas de Rei to Arzua is the hardest stretch (with long hill to finish at end of the day) but just start early and take it a step at a time.

The good thing about CF is that there are plenty of “pit-stop” options.

Buen Camino!

As noted on another thread in the Forum, I was purposely slow. Technically, I qualify for "geezer" status. Five days from Sarria to Santiago? Easy. I'll have "super geezer" status when I return to the C.F. in 2022. I'll report again then. Meanwhile, I'm going to order the appropriate T shirt signifying the cohort of which I am part. :cool:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Coming from SJPdP, I met my son in Sarria - our five days from Sarria to Santiago...
Sarria - Portomarín - Palas de Rei - Arzua - Pedrouzo - Santiago
Km - 22.7 - 24.6 - 29.4 - 20.6 - 20.1

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back