A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Last day in Santiago

Caligal

Camino(s) past & future
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CP April 2019
I met Martin from the UK at the Alburgue in Villavente, stayed at same Alburgue in Molinaseca, then a brief meeting outside Melide fast forward a week after a bus trip to Finisterre/ Muxia I arrived back in Santiago on Thursday which was Ascension Day. I got checked into my hotel where I was staying till my flight home on Sat. Friday morning I slept in a bit, went for breakfast then to the Cathedral for Pilgrims Mass, got a seat 3rd row aisle. Even though most was in Spanish toward the end a Priest spoke in English, urging us to keep the Camino alive in our hearts as we went back to our “real” lives. When i thought it couldn’t get any better the Tiraboleiros came out to swing the Botafumeiro🤯. I left in what only could be described as “high” As i walked back to my hotel down a street I’d never walked before I heard someone call my name, i turned to see Martin who said “ i’ve been watching out the window for you for 20 minutes” we had a cafe con leche and he invited me to dinner. He then told me the Symphony was playing at the plaza later and if I’d like to go with him. Seems the Camino was not done with me yet. While we ate dinner it started to rain when we got to the Plaza the stage was empty and the sign said “concierto movida a ... “ we trekked to the hall where it was held and I experienced my 1st ever symphony, I was totally smitten😍 if not for Martin my last day may not have been so magical and I’ll never forget him, so if you’re in the UK and you happen to know Martin please tell him Dee sends her love.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
I think we need to reconnect these two via a PM. Anyone got a clue about who Martín from the UK is?

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%