• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Last minute advice for first timers.

Joodle

Time of past OR future Camino
CF May 10th- June 21st 2016
VDLP March-April 2017
CF coming up April-May
Any last minute advice from those who have done this before, as far as "make sure to not forget.... or Make sure and leave behind....? I'm busy making my final decisions and packing list. I promise I will turn around and do the same for some other "Newbies" when I return. I know a few things I am leaving behind; An attitude of entitlement, a holier than thou attitude, a me-first attitude, and the mind set of a bed racer!! I love walking in the late afternoons when the light goes so yellowy gold. I may be sleeping out under a tree, but I will survive and thrive!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Any last minute advice from those who have done this before, as far as "make sure to not forget.... or Make sure and leave behind....? I'm busy making my final decisions and packing list. I promise I will turn around and do the same for some other "Newbies" when I return. I know a few things I am leaving behind; An attitude of entitlement, a holier than thou attitude, a me-first attitude, and the mid set of a bed racer!! I love walking in the late afternoons when the light goes so yellowy gold. I may be sleeping out under a tree, but I will survive and thrive!

Make sure your carry-on and etc for the long, long flight (Oregon neighbor here) is very well organized and light.

Travel so light. Don't lose your boarding pass. Or passport. Do get excited!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Gi
Any last minute advice from those who have done this before, as far as "make sure to not forget.... or Make sure and leave behind....? I'm busy making my final decisions and packing list. I promise I will turn around and do the same for some other "Newbies" when I return. I know a few things I am leaving behind; An attitude of entitlement, a holier than thou attitude, a me-first attitude, and the mid set of a bed racer!! I love walking in the late afternoons when the light goes so yellowy gold. I may be sleeping out under a tree, but I will survive and thrive!

Give yourself a 'day off' every once in a while and indulge in a comfy bed and private bathroom (assuming you can), or go the extra mile and discover that there are options beyond the 'menu del peregrino', or 'menu del dia'.
Buen Camino

I'm doing last minute tweaking of my pack etc although I don't leave home till the 25th so I expect I'll repack it another 10 times !!! Trying not to get too excited/anxious about the trip I still have things to sort/organise here at home before I finally lock up and start walking. :). Scary really !!!

There may come a time, early on probably, when you question your reason why are you doing this crazy thing, and you may feel like giving up and going home. When/if that happens, give yourself One More Day. Get some rest. Calm down. After a while, you'll be walking like a boss again.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There may come a time, early on probably, when you question your reason why are you doing this crazy thing, and you may feel like giving up and going home. When/if that happens, give yourself One More Day. Get some rest. Calm down. After a while, you'll be walking like a boss again.
I walk a lot where I live here in Scotland so used to it just not with a 6kg pack on for hours on end ;-/

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It's not that complicated. Really. It's a very long walk. That's it. Lots of places to stop, rest, eat, sleep, buy what you need, and many helpful pilgrims and local people along the Way. Pack light and leave the "maybes and might needs" at home. Try not to worry. You will be tired but you can carry on. The lovely moments will make it all worth it.

Relax and enjoy.
Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wish you a buen camino and many blessings.

Go slow! It may take several days before you are in "Camino zone" and things happen as they should. Enjoy yourself along The Way with reminders of one day at a time, and the idea that "I walk toward Santiago" If you do not reach your destination, it will be there when you return.
Buen Camino
Janice

Don't walk for more than two hours, take a break, sit down and take your shoes/boots off to let your feet breath.

Carry what you need not what you want. First thing is your health.

Respect your fellow pilgrims and the places you are staying at.

Enjoy every person around you, everybody has something interesting to tell.

Don't hesitate to ask for help and don't hesitate to offer your hand.

Enjoy even the worst circumstances as heavy rain, cold, cruel sun... everything is part of the experience.

Forgive the snorers as they can't help it.

Just enjoy.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Take LOTS of photographs - You will enjoy the memories just as much as the original journey - without the soreness, heaat, rain, etc.
Months or years from now the photos will re-connect the days and events, and even some of your feelings at the time.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm doing last minute tweaking of my pack etc although I don't leave home till the 25th so I expect I'll repack it another 10 times !!! Trying not to get too excited/anxious about the trip I still have things to sort/organise here at home before I finally lock up and start walking. :). Scary really !!!
You make me feel better. I'm leaving on the 16th, and was feeling gilty for trying to pack already. I keep looking at my backpack and thinking, "I should pack and unpack, to get used to this".
Don't walk for more than two hours, take a break, sit down and take your shoes/boots off to let your feet breath.

Enjoy even the worst circumstances as heavy rain, cold, cruel sun... everything is part of the experience.

Just enjoy.
Just copied the paragraph and pasted it on my screen page, to make sure I will read it every day until the day we fly off. Thanks for the advice.

The best advice I saw before my first camino was, "walk like an old woman" (correct for gender as required).

There's no rush, Santiago will wait for you.

Take a rest on every bench you see. Watch the storks.

As long as you keep your credit card, debit card (4 digit PIN) and passport safe, everything else is replaceable.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You make me feel better. I'm leaving on the 16th, and was feeling gilty for trying to pack already. I keep looking at my backpack and thinking, "I should pack and unpack, to get used to this".

Just copied the paragraph and pasted it on my screen page, to make sure I will read it every day until the day we fly off. Thanks for the advice.
My pack has been packed for three weeks already :).
I've emptied it 6/10 times already. Lol.

I'll be just over two weeks behind you! This is a good thread for me to keep an eye on as I'm making my last plans and packing. :)

My pack is currently too heavy, so trying to part with what I don't really need.

I haven't seen your packing list, so I cannot resist this suggestion: Don't forget good earplugs for the snoring. You will need your sleep. Buen camino.
I just picked up a big package of "Hearos" earplugs. I have made up some pilgrim gifts of two earplugs in a tiny pill zip lock baggie.(very small, very light) I know I will see people suffering from lack of sleep and will give them a set. I know, I know, "dont bring anything just in case" but I just can't help myself. As a nurse, I hate suffering, and trying to sleep through terrible snoring can ruin someones Camino. I have major nerves today. My phone blasted me this morning with a reminder that I have only 5 days before I leave. I'm trying to get last minute things done and things copied for my husband. He is so sweet, he told me not to do major house work, just get myself ready for my trip. That's why I've been married to him for 38 years!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hmmm.... I will start in 5 days haven't got ready half of a average packing list, not sure where to start, no plan abt the route... Was having more the mindset of 'let's find the cathedrale in Porto and then figure out from there'
And now reading ur comment I feel like more that I am completly unready and poorly prepared and I am at high risk to fail and that I sd not even try.

So my last minute advice to u: U sound well prepared...move on and enjoy!

Say hello often to your fellow peregrinos, and strike up a conversation when you are interested.

No matter what, whatever you do, don't ever [internet protocol ID:404-56-ConnectionLost-HostUnavailable-CommunicationsTerminated][/QUOTE
You so funny lol :p

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I too am going through making final decisions and going through my packing list too. I leave from Portland, OR on the 24th, but also am a Washington State pilgrim. I like the items you listed of what you are leaving behind. I'm going to remember those words as I set forth. Buen Camino

After walking Camino Frances in 2014 and Camino Portugues in 2015, my best advice is to let the Camino come to You. It's not a race - give yourself time to watch the wind blow through the trees, smell the early morning baking bread, listen to the rhythmic waters of the many streams and rivers, feel the crunchy gravel under your feet, indulge in all the great food and Pray Every Day - you talk, He Listens. The Camino Invigorates the Senses! Have a blessed journey. Buen Camino!

I know a few things I am leaving behind; An attitude of entitlement, a holier than thou attitude, a me-first attitude, and the mid set of a bed racer!! I love walking in the late afternoons when the light goes so yellowy gold. I may be sleeping out under a tree, but I will survive and thrive!
Those things are like bed bugs; they creep in and take a ride with you and are darn hard to completely eradicate. May you have few trees, and Buen Camino!!!

Hmmm.... I will start in 5 days haven't got ready half of a average packing list, not sure where to start, no plan abt the route... Was having more the mindset of 'let's find the cathedrale in Porto and then figure out from there'
And now reading ur comment I feel like more that I am completly unready and poorly prepared and I am at high risk to fail and that I sd not even try.
Five days IS enough time to get a basic kit together and build a plan. It won't be optimal, but you'll have a good chance to avoid total failure. It might mean a very expensive trip to your outdoor supply store, but knowing and getting only what you truly need is the first step.

Just look for packing list threads here to get an idea, or check out @SYates http://wisepilgrim.com/.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
After walking Camino Frances in 2014 and Camino Portugues in 2015, my best advice is to let the Camino come to You. It's not a race - give yourself time to watch the wind blow through the trees, smell the early morning baking bread, listen to the rhythmic waters of the many streams and rivers, feel the crunchy gravel under your feet, indulge in all the great food and Pray Every Day - you talk, He Listens. The Camino Invigorates the Senses! Have a blessed journey. Buen Camino!
This is a very thoughtful post. I really like it. I'm looking forward to watching the wind blow through the trees, and ah the smell of early morning bread baking, nothing can be better than being able to take the time and be grateful and thankful that we even get to attempt such a wondrous journey. Blessings untold. Thank you.

So my last minute advice to u: U sound well prepared...move on and enjoy!

You can't fail on Camino ;)

I too am going through making final decisions and going through my packing list too. I leave from Portland, OR on the 24th, but also am a Washington State pilgrim. I like the items you listed of what you are leaving behind. I'm going to remember those words as I set forth. Buen Camino
Hey, Im leaving Seattle the 23rd! Hope to see you on the Way!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I love walking in the late afternoons when the light goes so yellowy gold. I may be sleeping out under a tree, but I will survive and thrive!
Joodle, my best night in New Zealand a couple of years ago was spent on a mountain side when I didn't make it to the next hostel. It was dark enough to see an amazing array of stars which I could never see in North America. Consider your health and safety, but enjoy your adventures. Buen camino.

The best advice I saw before my first camino was, "walk like an old woman" (correct for gender as required).

There's no rush, Santiago will wait for you.

Take a rest on every bench you see. Watch the storks.

As long as you keep your credit card, debit card (4 digit PIN) and passport safe, everything else is replaceable.
I am an old woman...and passed 20 & 30-somethings with blown knees, infected blisters and shin splints. Walked last year for my 80th birthday. St Jean to Santiago. Be careful with those quotes. There are lots of us out there.:)

I just picked up a big package of "Hearos" earplugs. I have made up some pilgrim gifts of two earplugs in a tiny pill zip lock baggie.(very small, very light) I know I will see people suffering from lack of sleep and will give them a set. I know, I know, "dont bring anything just in case" but I just can't help myself. As a nurse, I hate suffering, and trying to sleep through terrible snoring can ruin someones Camino. I have major nerves today. My phone blasted me this morning with a reminder that I have only 5 days before I leave. I'm trying to get last minute things done and things copied for my husband. He is so sweet, he told me not to do major house work, just get myself ready for my trip. That's why I've been married to him for 38 years!!!
I'm the same !! Im currently filling up the freezer with various meals so at least hubby won't starve although he can cook ok he's sometimes really tired after a long shift. I have extra earplugs too. !!! :) I think I just have all emergency numbers to sort out. And decided that no matter how many times I re pack my backpack it's not going to be any lighter I really do have minimal stuff and still bordering on 6kg :-(

I will be one week right behind you Joodle! Pave the way for me! HaHa! ;)
Buen Camino!!
I wish you were coming with me! I feel like I've gotten to know people on this forum. I think Kanga is leaving SJPP on the 12th also, and going to Orisson. I hope to meet her.
I'm the same !! Im currently filling up the freezer with various meals so at least hubby won't starve although he can cook ok he's sometimes really tired after a long shift. I have extra earplugs too. !!! :) I think I just have all emergency numbers to sort out. And decided that no matter how many times I re pack my backpack it's not going to be any lighter I really do have minimal stuff and still bordering on 6kg :-(
When are you leaving for your Camino?

I wish you were coming with me! I feel like I've gotten to know people on this forum. I think Kanga is leaving SJPP on the 12th also, and going to Orisson. I hope to meet her.

When are you leaving for your Camino?
I'm flying from Glasgow on the 25th and staying overnight in Bayonne so probably starting the Camino from SJPDP on the 26th/27th

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you ever feel a hotspot developing, stop (in a safe spot) deal with it and don't wait for the next Cafe. Those you are walking with may wait or may keep going but you will see them again. As was already said, stop at least once a day and preferably more often and air out your feet. I changed socks around the 10 KM mark each day (kept a pair in a ziplock bag in an outside pocket to avoid rifling through my pack and pinned the old set to the outside of my pack) and it helped. Take your time and enjoy. We arrived in Santiago on April 30 2016 (started in Leon) and are glad we stopped often to soak it all in. Buen Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
If you ever feel a hotspot developing, stop (in a safe spot) deal with it and don't wait for the next Cafe. Those you are walking with may wait or may keep going but you will see them again. As was already said, stop at least once a day and preferably more often and air out your feet. I changed socks around the 10 KM mark each day (kept a pair in a ziplock bag in an outside pocket to avoid rifling through my pack and pinned the old set to the outside of my pack) and it helped. Take your time and enjoy. We arrived in Santiago on April 30 2016 (started in Leon) and are glad we stopped often to soak it all in. Buen Camino.
Thanks. It's very rugged terrain here where I live so know if hot spots etc :-( and I do a fair bit of walking just not with a heavy pack only a day pack.

Chap Stock or some kind of Lip balm! Gel caps for toes - so glad I brought them, and they weigh almost nothing.
I actually bought some gel caps for my toes. I look forward to using them on the steep downhills. I'm back to taking my Keen boots due to the expected non stop days of rain when I start out. I'm not looking forward to that, and I didn't want to bring my boots. They fit very well, but are just quite a bit heavier than my Salomon Trail runners. I think the Salomons would be ruined the first day out, with muddy trails and rain.

Just post your packing list in a separate thread and many of us will be willing to help you to lighten it ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Actually I was reading comments on other people's packing lists yesterday on these forums and that's helped me already. :) Going on a training hike this weekend with my bag, so that should be a good test if my pack is light enough.

I really love how helpful everyone is on here with suggestions. It makes planning much easier!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm still having trouble deciding on how much rain gear to take: rain jacket + rain pants + poncho? It seems too much to me but, again, I'm afraid we will encounter a lot of rain... What to do...?

I'm still having trouble deciding on how much rain gear to take: rain jacket + rain pants + poncho? It seems too much to me but, again, I'm afraid we will encounter a lot of rain... What to do...?

My husband says 'take the lot', I would only take the poncho.... He walked April/May and carries more weight than I do in his backpack. I walked July/Aug.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Chap Stock or some kind of Lip balm!
I packed lip balm from home and somehow lost it day one. I ended up buying at least 3 more in my 2 week (plus a few days) journey due to misplacement. They of course have all shown up now that I am home.

Those things are like bed bugs; they creep in and take a ride with you and are darn hard to completely eradicate. May you have few trees, and Buen Camino!!!

Five days IS enough time to get a basic kit together and build a plan. It won't be optimal, but you'll have a good chance to avoid total failure. It might mean a very expensive trip to your outdoor supply store, but knowing and getting only what you truly need is the first step.

Just look for packing list threads here to get an idea, or check out @SYates http://wisepilgrim.com/.

Thanks a lot
made some progress already and decided to walk from the airport to Rates. I am not interested in Porto just wang to walk.
The only question I have in mind is what to do if the albergue in Rates is busy. Do u or does anyone know alternatives?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am an old woman...and passed 20 & 30-somethings with blown knees, infected blisters and shin splints. Walked last year for my 80th birthday. St Jean to Santiago. Be careful with those quotes. There are lots of us out there.:)
You aren't old.
When I think of that quote, I envision the wise old crone, hobbling along with a staff for support, bent over and gently placing her feet.

The only question I have in mind is what to do if the albergue in Rates is busy. Do u or does anyone know alternatives?
On these forums, we can hand you fish, but our best help is to direct you to where you can fish for yourself. That where resources like Gronze.com and Wise Pilgrim come in handy, as they will tell you additional lodging other than just the albergues. Also, hostelworld.com, booking.com, trivago.com, etc. are all good resources. Your best bet is to spend a little bit of time perusing the online resources for a town like Rates and see what's available. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be in a position to adjust your plans according to your needs.

Actually I was reading comments on other people's packing lists yesterday on these forums and that's helped me already. :) Going on a training hike this weekend with my bag, so that should be a good test if my pack is light enough.

I really love how helpful everyone is on here with suggestions. It makes planning much easier!
I'm preparing for my third Camino. I've learned that your pack is never light enough and trying with your pack before leaving is a big help. The best tip I have is stretching for at least 10-15 minutes at the end of each hike. It is a lifesaver. You'll notice most of the people who've previously completed the Camino stretch often and those who've never done it before do not. My first Camino was filled with injury. My second was not.

Have fun, learn, make friends, and try to avoid injury.

€60,-

Just enjoy.

Your advice are not only good tips for walking the Camino, but also good words to live by!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What are the safety pins for?
For fastening your clothes to the clothes line after you wash them and to your backpack the next day when they are still damp. I carried a few clothes pegs as well, as I didn't want to put metal safety pins through merino wool shirts. And I never pinned garments to my pack - I wasn't comfortable doing so and I always managed to get things dry somehow.

On these forums, we can hand you fish, but our best help is to direct you to where you can fish for yourself. That where resources like Gronze.com and Wise Pilgrim come in handy, as they will tell you additional lodging other than just the albergues. Also, hostelworld.com, booking.com, trivago.com, etc. are all good resources. Your best bet is to spend a little bit of time perusing the online resources for a town like Rates and see what's available. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be in a position to adjust your plans according to your needs.
Learn how to fish for myself...thank you! In essence that's what it is for me- good starting point.
Do you always have to show any kind of identification card when checking into a albergue or is the pilgrim pass enough?

Learn how to fish for myself...thank you! In essence that's what it is for me- good starting point.
Do you always have to show any kind of identification card when checking into a albergue or is the pilgrim pass enough?

Often you will asked to show your national passport/id as well as your Pilgrim Pass/Credencial.
For recent posts re carrying your national passport see this earlier Forum thread

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Just enjoy.

Any last minute advice from those who have done this before, as far as "make sure to not forget.... or Make sure and leave behind....? I'm busy making my final decisions and packing list. I promise I will turn around and do the same for some other "Newbies" when I return. I know a few things I am leaving behind; An attitude of entitlement, a holier than thou attitude, a me-first attitude, and the mind set of a bed racer!! I love walking in the late afternoons when the light goes so yellowy gold. I may be sleeping out under a tree, but I will survive and thrive!
Pack light/don't race for a bed/and the rest will reveal itself/especially rich ideas from pilgrims you will walk with.

I want to add something on the concerns I had abt being not prepared. I decided 2 weeks ago to go for it. Booked and bought the guide 6 days prior. Did strip down the packing list as mich as possible- got the hell scared thinking I will fail... Now I am on my way and everything is very simple and easy.
Tks for everyone helping me to sort out.

I want to add something on the concerns I had abt being not prepared. I decided 2 weeks ago to go for it. Booked and bought the guide 6 days prior. Did strip down the packing list as mich as possible- got the hell scared thinking I will fail... Now I am on my way and everything is very simple and easy.
Tks for everyone helping me to sort out.
I will be there in two weeks time nerves are starting to rear their head

Whatever I say u will stay tensed till u start walking but I can assure u, u will laugh on ur own fears. Don't think just walk and all worries disappear.
I walk for miles where I live here in Scotland it's quite remote and walks can be quite rugged it's the pack that's the worry I've cut it down as much as I can. Also hope I get the train ok from Bayonne. Buen Camino.

I walk for miles where I live here in Scotland it's quite remote and walks can be quite rugged it's the pack that's the worry I've cut it down as much as I can. Also hope I get the train ok from Bayonne. Buen Camino.
I stripped it really down by simply removing everything where I was not sure a hundred percent. Today I realized that one of my leggins is too heavy so I left it in the albergue. Next time I will not carry a guide I will tear off the important pages and all the toilet articles I wd try to reduce and I wd not carry them in a wash bag put in a plastic zip bag.
My fear was to get lost somewhere or to starve ::))

My pack is just over 6kg. My toiletries consist of a shampoo bar that will also be good as body wash and clothes washing a sarong for a towel toothpaste and toothbrush and small body cream in case I get a bit too much sun :)

I stripped it really down by simply removing everything where I was not sure a hundred percent. Today I realized that one of my leggins is too heavy so I left it in the albergue. Next time I will not carry a guide I will tear off the important pages and all the toilet articles I wd try to reduce and I wd not carry them in a wash bag put in a plastic zip bag.
You will never starve on the Camino:))

Whatever I say u will stay tensed till u start walking but I can assure u, u will laugh on ur own fears. Don't think just walk and all worries disappear.
Thank you for your comments. I'm a few days from
I'm learning from your comments. I'm a few days from the beginning of my Camino, I keep packing and unpacking, and I am still 2kg over the desired weight. I think it's the toiletries ... The rain gear....I need to find a way to get rid of more stuff.

Thank you for your comments. I'm a few days from

I'm learning from your comments. I'm a few days from the beginning of my Camino, I keep packing and unpacking, and I am still 2kg over the desired weight. I think it's the toiletries ... The rain gear....I need to find a way to get rid of more stuff.
I have rain trousers and my regular Arcteryx gore tex- and firsttly it is simply too warm with it and second too heavy. Take light shirts and just one good fleece (not two as everyone suggests) and on top of that u can get this simple lightweight rain ponchos covering urself and the backpack.
One thing I want to add, I am in my daily life an almost non-sweating person but on the camino u will and u will stink- therefore it does not matter how many shirts u take. U do every night ur washing and having one backup is enough. And btw however u wash the clothes but they still stink!
And do as Vicky does take a all purpose bar! My hair tho I had my regular shampoo filled in a little bottle feel like straw :)

My pack is just over 6kg. My toiletries consist of a shampoo bar that will also be good as body wash and clothes washing a sarong for a towel toothpaste and toothbrush and small body cream in case I get a bit too much sun :)
A bar is great will keep that in mind for my nect trip.tks

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back