• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Last minute Cami Catalan adventure

Mary Grace

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (AUG 2017)
Today I hiked from Barcelona to Sant Cugat along the GR6, which follows the Cami Catalan, and spontaneously decided that I will continue onwards in my week of free time! After a little last minute planning and packing, I'm all geared up to start my short trek tomorrow morning, just four months after completing the Camino del Norte in August. I'm definitely not addicted... I'm fairly certain I won't meet any other pilgrims along the way, but I can't think of a better way to ring in my new year. Gronze lists all the albergues I plan to stay in as open year-round, but if anyone knows differently, please let me know:)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Mary Grace,
Your walk to Sant Cugat sounds lovely. Living in Barcelona, it is something I intend to do at some point. I am also interested in exploring some of the other local hiking options. Certainly, you have a perfect day on which to continue your journey today: sunshine and 20 degrees C. in Barcelona! I will send you a PM in the hopes that you will share with me some of the details about trails and albergues you have discovered. Happy trails!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Today I hiked from Barcelona to Sant Cugat along the GR6, which follows the Cami Catalan, and spontaneously decided that I will continue onwards in my week of free time! After a little last minute planning and packing, I'm all geared up to start my short trek tomorrow morning, just four months after completing the Camino del Norte in August. I'm definitely not addicted... I'm fairly certain I won't meet any other pilgrims along the way, but I can't think of a better way to ring in my new year. Gronze lists all the albergues I plan to stay in as open year-round, but if anyone knows differently, please let me know:)
Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Mary Grace,
Your walk to Sant Cugat sounds lovely. Living in Barcelona, it is something I intend to do at some point. I am also interested in exploring some of the other local hiking options. Certainly, you have a perfect day on which to continue your journey today: sunshine and 20 degrees C. in Barcelona! I will send you a PM in the hopes that you will share with me some of the details about trails and albergues you have discovered. Happy trails!
If you felt able, could you share them with us all?

Laurie @peregrina2000 and I walked the Camí Catalán through San Juan de la Peña 3 years ago. She started on the coast and I in Barcelona (through Sant Cugat) and met up in Montserrat. From there we continued on to the north. If you are lucky you will meet someone, we didn't until way further north.
Ultreia!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back