• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Last-minute....challenges??

mira17

Time of past OR future Camino
unsure still - deciding for August 2015!
So it turns out a few things are not turning out as planned for our August 9th departure and ongoing camino....but enjoy the unexpected and no stress, right?? :D
1) I just doubled-checked our Rome - A Coruna flight purchased over a month ago and realized we were emitted the wrong ticket - yes I insist, Vueling's mistake not mine!!! Flight is now a 12h itinerary vs. 5h! Though I was charged (substantially) for the shortest flight....what to do!
2) Decided to take some advance and reserve a room for my fiancé and I at Bar Luis. Absolutely completely full on August 11th. Need to find another place to rest our heads that evening.
3) Thought we could get a pilgrim passport in Ferrol at the Tourist Office, now reading a thread realized it may not be a passport but just a piece of paper, unsure where to get a passport at this stage....

Sigh.
Obviously nothing too dramatic but..... :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My sympathy. They are all kind of a bummer, but nothing you can do about any of them at this late stage. You sound pretty good and will undoubtedly move on and expect other setbacks too! It will all work out one way or another. Have an awesome walk and Buen Camino!

Hopefully you have been able to download Johnnie's guide, it has other accomodation in Pontedeume with numbers.
The tourist office in the main square is open daily from about 10.00am (the one at the harbour might be open as it is summer) If they don't have a booklet type credencial then the paper one should be perfectly acceptable.
These things are sent to try us........
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you both for your encouragement!
Yes, little setbacks and probably a few more to come....:)
I did download the guide, now time to find another accommodation.
Speriamo bene!

Thank you both for your encouragement!
Yes, little setbacks and probably a few more to come....:)
I did download the guide, now time to find another accommodation.
Speriamo bene!
There is an albergue in Pontedeume.
If you turn to the right (corrected after Tia Valeria's remark underneath..sorry) ,directly over the bridge , after about two hundred meters at the quay side of the river you'll find it. openingstime from 17h00.
Restaurants for supper,dinner an breakfast are nearby.
Buen camino

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So it turns out a few things are not turning out as planned for our August 9th departure and ongoing camino....but enjoy the unexpected and no stress, right?? :D
1) I just doubled-checked our Rome - A Coruna flight purchased over a month ago and realized we were emitted the wrong ticket - yes I insist, Vueling's mistake not mine!!! Flight is now a 12h itinerary vs. 5h! Though I was charged (substantially) for the shortest flight....what to do!
2) Decided to take some advance and reserve a room for my fiancé and I at Bar Luis. Absolutely completely full on August 11th. Need to find another place to rest our heads that evening.
3) Thought we could get a pilgrim passport in Ferrol at the Tourist Office, now reading a thread realized it may not be a passport but just a piece of paper, unsure where to get a passport at this stage....

Sigh.

The credential [pilgrim passport] available from the tourist office in Ferrol is a single sheet of paper. I used it to get my sellos and to claim my Compostela. It might not be a substantial document but it is a passport none the less.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

If needing accomodation in Miño and the albergue is full or you want to book then 'O Cantiño' is about 1km along the main road KSO after the railway bridge (see directions for albergue). Carmela, the new owner, is helpful and friendly. The phone number listed might be the previous owner's, but he too is helpful with the new number.
In Pontedeume we stayed in the Norte (listed in our old guide as the North), this year we stayed in the Hotel Iberia as you enter Cabañas. More expensive, but what we needed and again very helpful and friendly.
Pontedeume - the albergue is right at the end of the bridge, not left :)

Sigh.

It might not be possible now, who knows, but when I did this route a couple of years ago, we picked up our pilgrim passports at the cathedral/large church in Ferrol as the tourist office(s) were not open. I think it was about 10 am when we got them. It was after a morning service anyway on a Monday. Hope this helps.
Buen camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If needing accomodation in Miño and the albergue is full or you want to book then 'O Cantiño' is about 1km along the main road KSO after the railway bridge (see directions for albergue). Carmela, the new owner, is helpful and friendly. The phone number listed might be the previous owner's, but he too is helpful with the new number.
In Pontedeume we stayed in the Norte (listed in our old guide as the North), this year we stayed in the Hotel Iberia as you enter Cabañas. More expensive, but what we needed and again very helpful and friendly.
Pontedeume - the albergue is right at the end of the bridge, not left :)
You are right Valeria. That is my problem. Left and right. I now see it. thanks for your correction. By the way going to the left over the bridge is a big hotel.

I got my Pilgrim credential at the Concathredal San Julian in Ferrol. 1,5 euro. I think it's open until 20:00.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.